Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Qatar Airways - Crap Aircraft - DOH-BKK-DOH

Qatar show all the signs of going the way Emirates did 2 years ago.The best to the most arrogant as soon as they get a decent client base.

My opinion is Emirates have pulled it back in the last 6 months.

Etihad have been outstanding for me,last two trips,will it continue?

Understand Air Asia X will be leasing 2 x A346-600 (ex QR) which will enable direct flights to Manchester commencing early 2009.

I presume that will be short-term from Oryx or whatever Qatar's leasing people are to be called. It will be interesting to see what they do with the interiors since Qatar's A340-600s are heavily in favour of 1st and biz class pax. I am flying on one in biz class next month between DOH and LHR ............ I'll try to get some pics and post them here.

Thanks for the good, up-to-date info, BTW. :D

Air Asia X will only use the A346 as a temporary measure. Long term plans are to use B77W if they can get hold of any ! Config for the A346 is expcted to be :-

Y= 406

B= 35

Regarding the leasing aspect i understand QR handing back 2 x A346 to Airbus who will then lease to Air Asia X.

Flew earlier this year DOH/BKK (business) in that infamous A340/300.

Sat in row15-no IFE working properly and we had to watch that "Bourne " film repeated 3 times on central screen and as for those ancient seats an absolute disgrace.

I returned Feb 4 on SQ BKK/SIN/MAN-----best ever!

• 2 weeks later...

My planes keep changing if you look at my EBOOKERS web page

These are my flights

Depart London Qatar Airways 2

Economy | Airbus A346

6hr 40min

20:30 Heathrow airport (LHR)

Stop 1 Doha

06:10 Doha airport (DOH)

Change planes. Layover: 1hr 20min

Depart Doha Qatar Airways 610

Economy | Airbus A333

6hr 20mins

07:30 Doha airport (DOH)

Arrive Bangkok

17:50 Suvarnabhumi Int'l airport (BKK)

Return Sat, 5 Apr Total time: 18hr 45min

Depart Bangkok Qatar Airways 613

Economy | Airbus A333

7hr 0min

09:15 Suvarnabhumi Int'l airport (BKK)

Stop 1 Doha

12:15 Doha airport (DOH)

Change planes. Layover: 4hr 20min

Depart Doha Qatar Airways 17

Economy | Airbus A333

7hr 25min

Meal

16:35 Doha airport (DOH)

Arrive London

22:00 Heathrow airport (LHR)

Are any of these fights on the old planes?

I fly Qatar Airways often so I'm used to them and find them equal to Emirates/Etihad (don't know others). Flew Man- Doh-BKK and back in Feb with long stopover in Doha on both legs, but planned to go out of airport both times to visit city. Meals can be hit or miss, usually OK but I use the cabin service/complimentary drinks to the full, never been disapointed, just ask. On return we got upgraded to Biz from BKK to Doha, so half decent meals with champers all the way. Didn't notice real old craft just settled in and made the most of it.

Just for interest, tourist visa into Doha costs 100 ryals (about 8£, 16$) payable at immigration desk, on out leg went to Garveys club for 3 hours, drank Becks. Coming back with real long stopover, spent time on beach at Marriots Hotel, visited gold souk, bought good watch (not fake) finished with philipino band at Sherriton Hotel drinking darft worthingtons - all part of holiday :D