Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Electronic Room Safe

I will be retiring to Jomtien early next month and want to buy an electronic keypad type room safe of the type that can be bolted to the floor or a wall. Does anybody have one to sell, or know of a shop where I might be able to purchase one similar to the Elsafe brand pictures attached?Elsafe.jpg

Carrefour sells similar

Pattaya Klang (east of carrefour) has a safe shop (& furniture shop opposite sells safes too.

Or

Take a trip to Naklua (the road with the market and Bang Lamung main Post office on it) many safe shops there.

Carrefour sells similar

Pattaya Klang (east of carrefour) has a safe shop (& furniture shop opposite sells safes too.

Or

Take a trip to Naklua (the road with the market and Bang Lamung main Post office on it) many safe shops there.

You will get the best deal on the ground floor in the Big C building on Sukhumvit Road. That is where I bought mine.

As already mentioned Carrefour has a small selection of safes and they also offer free delivery. Between Carrefour and Foodland and on the same side of the street is a furniture store that had a wide selection of safes, some so big that you would need a forklift to move, they also provide free delivery. In the same area but on the oppoiste side of the street is a small shop that only sells safes. If your not in a hurry you might want to check out some of the 2nd hand shops if your trying to save some baht.

According to three hotel owners I know don't buy a cheap one. They are nothing but a major hassle and no, I don't know what a good brand is.

Whatever brand of safe you buy, you will probably also be given a key to allow you to open the safe in the event that the battery fails. I open and close my safe two or three times a day and after almost 3 years, the battery is still going strong.

This means that the battery will now fail within the next two or three days at the most inconvenient time, such as when I want to pay the previous night's bg for services offered.

Alan

Index on Sukhumvit...(East side near Soi Siam Country Club)

As mentioned, there is a seller on the ground floor in the Sukhumvit/ Pattaya Tai branch of Big C.

Thanks for the replies,gents. I currently have an Elsafe S series,similar to the largest in the photos,(bottom right), although I'm selling it before I relocate from The Gambia to Jomtien. As Eneukman says, there is a spare "key" with it just in case the battery fails, but after 4 years of constant use I haven't yet had occasion to resort to using it. Elsafe is a very good product IMO. I'll be looking for similar when I arrive, although I'm told here that the S series is no longer available. Maybe that's just in Africa though.

Edited by 4niceight
Carrefour sells similar

Or

Carrefour prices were 5,000 to 13,000 Baht, as I checked some out in Jan 2008

Carrefour prices were 5,000 to 13,000 Baht, as I checked some out in Jan 2008

You must have looked during the time that they were moving all the stock around in the store. It took them over 2 weeks to rearange where the items were located as they had some stock still in the old location and the rest in the new location. Shopping there was a bit of a challange during that time. They have safes there starting at around 800 baht. These are like the small ones you see in most hotels, they also had some more that where between the 5000 and those small ones.

the third safe is been used by ""City Garden hotel in Manila "",the best electronic safe i have ever seen.

The safe also pops open,there is no way to leave the safe open without being noticed,fits any laptop without a problem

post-1797-1203783286.jpg

Edited by lv2play

BTW,

ASSA ABLOY Hospitality Ltd.

6th Floor, Handling Group Building, 1035/22 Soi Khun Vijit, Sukhumvit 71 Road

10110Klongton-Nua, Wattana

Bangkok

THAILAND

Phone: +66 2 381 5621

24/7: +66 1 666 1694/844 6317

Fax: +66 2 381 5628

E-mail: thailand@vcegroup.com

No safe is worth a damn unless it is locked down SECURELY! Thieves have been known to simply pry the safe loose from where ever is it and take it with them.

And you are advertising to all that your valuables are HERE.

There is an old saying: "Locks (and safes) keep the honest people away."

Little Roy :bigsmile:

There is an old saying: "Locks (and safes) keep the honest people away."

True, but some of these safes are so large and heavy that no one or two people will move them. Also they have an internal alarm system that goes off if the safe is moved without first opening the safe.

Another saying is that crocks like soft targets compared to hard targets.

As already mentioned Carrefour has a small selection of safes and they also offer free delivery. Between Carrefour and Foodland and on the same side of the street is a furniture store that had a wide selection of safes, some so big that you would need a forklift to move, they also provide free delivery. In the same area but on the oppoiste side of the street is a small shop that only sells safes. If your not in a hurry you might want to check out some of the 2nd hand shops if your trying to save some baht.

Most sellers offer free delivery. How do you think I carried my 59 KGs (130 lbs) safe back to my condo? On my shoulder? :D

Don't buy from Homeworks on Sukhumvit. They are twice as dear as the small adjacent Pattaya Safe Shop Tel: 0814292290 on the ground floor on the bottom of Big C on Sukhumvit. Pattaya Safe has a good selection as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Carrefour has the cheap ones on offer at about Bt690 now.

If your place is big enough, put a cheap one with some small money and other worthless and unimportand nick knacks in it so that thieves will steal it. Don't secure it too much, let them get away with it.

In a far more discreet place, put your valuables.

Remember that a safe is not designed to stop thieves, only to slow them down.

Carrefour has the cheap ones on offer at about Bt690 now.

If your place is big enough, put a cheap one with some small money and other worthless and unimportand nick knacks in it so that thieves will steal it. Don't secure it too much, let them get away with it.

In a far more discreet place, put your valuables.

Remember that a safe is not designed to stop thieves, only to slow them down.

That's good advice! And, even make up a dummy wallet in there with some odd change, expired Credit Cards and mix is a family pic or two you print off the net. A couple of old wrist watches in there as well. Put that "dummy safe" where most burglars look: the bedroom. Make is easy to they can take it and think they got your loot.

Cheers,

Mark

Exactly. Hopefully they will go to your wardrobe where most safes are secured, find it, rip it off the wall (secured with next to nothing) and leave to open the thing at a later time thus leaving your real posessions behind.

That's good advice! And, even make up a dummy wallet in there with some odd change, expired Credit Cards and mix is a family pic or two you print off the net. A couple of old wrist watches in there as well. Put that "dummy safe" where most burglars look: the bedroom. Make is easy to they can take it and think they got your loot.

Cheers,

Mark

The likelihood is that they will rip it off the wall and run, to open it later. So a grenade wired to the door would suffice.