Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Business Research Questions

I am considering going into business in LOS as believe I have a great idea and having just been made redundant the timing may now be right for a complete change of scenery.

I would be interested if anyone could explain the step by step process and costs for the formation of a thai company and the likely timings. Also the step by step process for obtaining a work permit and costs would also be gratefully received.

Also any rough cost per metre for fitting out a decent bar / gogo style space would also be useful for me to crunch the numbers

Not entirely this is the right place but I guess it will get to all you owners who may or may not be able to help out.

Thanks

If your serious next time there just talk with a few owners of bars to get some general information then head to asia books and look for the book with the black cover and yellow title that i believe is titled something like start up and stay up in thailand. Not sure of the exact title but you recognize it when you see it. Lots of usefull info in that book.

A Thai work Permit would range from 14-16,000 Baht. The renewals would be cheaper as it is just an extension of the old one. Setting up a company would depend on what type of money we are talking about. Thai limited company, partnership or if you have more than 20 million baht to invest it comes with lots of advantages as a BVI can be setup.

1. Sunbelt Asia. http://www.sunbeltasia.com

They have a good listing of franchises available for sale. Greg is a nice guy to deal with and he knows the Thai business scene when it comes to franchise development rather well. I think he would agree that buying into a franchise has a better chance of success than any of the second hand business he sells in Thailand.

2. Siam Legal. http://www.siam-legal.com

They are a full service law firm with branch offices all over Thailand. Dennis manages the firm and he tends to give you the low down straight. No pissing about. They do small corporate setups and large corporate development projects. They have loads of expatriate attorneys and specialize in property and immigration.

These are the two firms that most expatriates use as they are affordable brand name firms.

Best of Luck to you Buddy!

Question:

Does anyone here have FIRST HAND knowledge of ANY Farang that has actually made money?

Not just cover the bills, broads and beer, but BANKED money CONSISTANTLY for two years plus?

(definition= "banking money" at least $10,000 usd)

constistantly mates, not just for a week or two....