Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

i used mr. t's taxi service lst week in pattaya. he is right across from the areca lodge. does anyone know how i can contact him by email? i have misplaced his card. thanks for the help.(and i did try the search function!)...

I have used Mr T. for 3 years now. Always there, never late for me. When I fly as soon as we touch down and I can turn on my phone I call for a car. Before I leave customs I usually get a call from driver letting me know where to find him.. Great Service.

I have read some mixed reports re Mr T. I am looking to change my regular driver for someone who is SAFE and RELIABLE. Sometimes it seems like Mr T's taxis fit the bill, sometimes not. I wonder what the most recent views are. What is his current rate for BKK - Pattaya.

Anyone wanna share. Arriving BKK 24 April 0745.

Any recent comments on his service also appreciated.

I have read some mixed reports re Mr T. I am looking to change my regular driver for someone who is SAFE and RELIABLE. Sometimes it seems like Mr T's taxis fit the bill, sometimes not. I wonder what the most recent views are. What is his current rate for BKK - Pattaya.

I haven't but am considering it next time. I haven't read too many reports on Mr T and none negative. Are you sure that your not confussing Mr T with Mr Toom who has had both favorable and non favorable reports?

I have used MR T, several times, to and from the Airport, and no problems.

As you say, his office, is in a Soi, opposite Areaka Lodge, on Soi Diana Inn.

thechairman18

I've been using Mr. T exclusively for several years. I've never had a problem in at least 20 trips to and from Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi airports. I've had to meet up with the drivers after a phone call, however, so if you don't have a cell phone it might be dicey. You'll need to set up a meeting place because arrivals area is pretty confusing for them and us.

Last trip I paid 1000b (950 + tip) to and from Suboom. I think Don Muang costs 1100b because it's farther from Pattaya.

I haven't but am considering it next time. I haven't read too many reports on Mr T and none negative. Are you sure that your not confussing Mr T with Mr Toom who has had both favorable and non favorable reports?

EMIL, you are spot on. I am confusing both. I thought they were one of the same person.

I recall when staying at the Areca last year there was a notice in the room that the taxi office opposite the hotel was not allowed to come onto Areca property. Not sure if it is the same one.

I have always thought Mr T and Mr Toom was the same person. I am more confused now. Who should I use? Who is the safest? Who is the most reliable? Who is the cheapest?

:thumbup :chogdee

I recall when staying at the Areca last year there was a notice in the room that the taxi office opposite the hotel was not allowed to come onto Areca property. Not sure if it is the same one.

I heard that they dont get a cut (Tea Money) from him thats the reason.

Mr T, and Mr Toom, are not one and the same.

Not used Mr Toom, so I cant comment.

thechairman18

EMIL, you are spot on. I am confusing both. I thought they were one of the same person.

I have always thought Mr T and Mr Toom was the same person. I am more confused now. Who should I use? Who is the safest? Who is the most reliable? Who is the cheapest?

:cry2 :clap1 :nod

Mr T and Mr Toom are not the same. I haven't used Mr. Toom, but from the posts on the board, he charges (I think) 1200b to Suvarnabhumi, and Mr. T charges 950b or so. Obviously, Mr. T is cheaper. And the lack of negative comments about Mr. T. mirrors my experience, which is that his service is 100% reliable and shows up everytime on time.

As I understand it, both are dispatchers who send cars to the customers, so the quality of the cars is going to vary from time to time. On occasion, I have been disappointed by the quality and/or upkeep of the cars I have gotten, but that is infrequent. If I particularly don't like a car, I have informed Mr. T that I was not happy with the car, and have never gotten it again.

I really don't like to plug this guy, since I was quite happy with fewer people knowing about him, but because of the confusion with Mr. Toom, I had to add my input...and my praise.

I really don't like to plug this guy, since I was quite happy with fewer people knowing about him, but because of the confusion with Mr. Toom, I had to add my input...and my praise.

I say plug this guy. The more punters using him the more he makes. Sounds like he's the Bobby or Shane of the car service guys where he relies on volume. If he gets plenty of business then his drivers will be happy to use him as their dispatcher. The more business that the drivers receive and if they can get return fares from the airport then they will be happy. Plug this guy like BigD plugs you know what, just be careful that you don't get a warning from the moderator. :cry2

Mr T and Mr Toom are not the same. I haven't used Mr. Toom, but from the posts on the board, he charges (I think) 1200b to Suvarnabhumi, and Mr. T charges 950b or so. Obviously, Mr. T is cheaper. And the lack of negative comments about Mr. T. mirrors my experience, which is that his service is 100% reliable and shows up everytime on time.

As I understand it, both are dispatchers who send cars to the customers, so the quality of the cars is going to vary from time to time. On occasion, I have been disappointed by the quality and/or upkeep of the cars I have gotten, but that is infrequent. If I particularly don't like a car, I have informed Mr. T that I was not happy with the car, and have never gotten it again.

I'm going to have to try Mr T.. Toom charges 1200 baht from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and 1000 baht from Pattaya to the airport, no matter what time of day (all tolls included). I have been a big supporter of Toom for a while, never really let me down, but...

The problem I have had with Toom the last several times at the airport is that they want to meet you outside of the parking area and it has gotten a bit crazy. Last time I had to hop a registered cab for a few km's to get into Tooms cab. Seems the police are really cracking down on the unregistered cabs and it's a 2000 baht fine if they get caught.

Does Mr T have the same kind of problem at the airport?

Edited by player
The problem I have had with Toom the last several times at the airport is that they want to meet you outside of the parking area and it has gotten a bit crazy. Last time I had to hop a registered cab for a few km's to get into Tooms cab. Seems the police are really cracking down on the unregistered cabs and it's a 2000 baht fine if they get caught.

I use another Pattaya based car service which cost between Mr T and Mr Toom. My service parks in the airport parking garage and the driver meets me as soon as I pass customs and enter the arrival area. I don't know why Toom's drivers don't do the same thing unless they don't want to pay the 30 baht.

That's odd. I used Mr. Toom in August, December, and January -- the drive met us in the airport, as Mr. Toom's email said he would. Did you complain to Mr. Toom about this?

I think the private car drivers cannot come outside the doors where the "legal" taxis are, so they have to stay inside the arrivals area. I've finally figured out that if I can meet the driver at the Information booth next to door 7 in the arrivals level, it works okay. I've never had to go to the parking garage.

Incidentally, today I am going from Pattaya to Don Muang, and the rate is 1050b all inclusive for Mr. T.

I think the private car drivers cannot come outside the doors where the "legal" taxis are, so they have to stay inside the arrivals area. I've finally figured out that if I can meet the driver at the Information booth next to door 7 in the arrivals level, it works okay. I've never had to go to the parking garage.

Incidentally, today I am going from Pattaya to Don Muang, and the rate is 1050b all inclusive for Mr. T.

I've used both Mr T and Mr Toom and found them both to be okay. Not the newest vehicles, but clean and reliable. Mr T is cheaper than Mr Toom by a couple of hundred baht.

That's more or less how I meet my taxi. We then go across the road to where his or her car is parked.

Alan

I've been using Mr. T exclusively for several years. I've never had a problem in at least 20 trips to and from Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi airports. I've had to meet up with the drivers after a phone call, however, so if you don't have a cell phone it might be dicey. You'll need to set up a meeting place because arrivals area is pretty confusing for them and us.

Last trip I paid 1000b (950 + tip) to and from Suboom. I think Don Muang costs 1100b because it's farther from Pattaya.

MM - I think I may use Mr. T's services when I arrive in BKK next week. Can you just call him when you land or do you have to email him in advance to set it up?

A related question, I have a Happy SIM card in my mobile from when I was in Thailand 6 months ago. It had about 100 baht left on it when I departed TH. Will the SIM card still be good when I land next week? Or do these things expire even when you have money left on them?

Thanks for any info!

That's odd. I used Mr. Toom in August, December, and January -- the drive met us in the airport, as Mr. Toom's email said he would. Did you complain to Mr. Toom about this?

I have been using Toom about the same as you during the last 6 months, but with different results it appears. Emailed Toom about it this last time and he just said problem with taxi mafia, police....

I do meet Toom's driver by the Information Booth, exit door 7, but instead of being able to walk to the parking garage and ride out in the cab, the driver wants me to meet him outside the parking garage, because if he exits with a fare, he claims he will get a 2000 baht fine.

If it's not happening to anyone else, no problem, I'm the LD in this case! I guess I will be trying

Mr T next time, thanks.

I have been using Toom about the same as you during the last 6 months, but with different results it appears. Emailed Toom about it this last time and he just said problem with taxi mafia, police....

I do meet Toom's driver by the Information Booth, exit door 7, but instead of being able to walk to the parking garage and ride out in the cab, the driver wants me to meet him outside the parking garage, because if he exits with a fare, he claims he will get a 2000 baht fine.

If it's not happening to anyone else, no problem, I'm the LD in this case! I guess I will be trying

Mr T next time, thanks.

Are the drivers that Toom is sending driving a marked taxi?

MM - I think I may use Mr. T's services when I arrive in BKK next week. Can you just call him when you land or do you have to email him in advance to set it up?

A related question, I have a Happy SIM card in my mobile from when I was in Thailand 6 months ago. It had about 100 baht left on it when I departed TH. Will the SIM card still be good when I land next week? Or do these things expire even when you have money left on them?

Thanks for any info!

If you want to go straight from the airport without waiting a couple of hours then obviously you will have to make arrangements with mr T beforehand as if you ring from airport it will take at least 90 mins driving for them to get to you.

Yes a sim card can expire even if you have money on it,however some cards have an expiry up to 12 months ahead so presumably you will have to wait till you arrive to find out if it is active or not,and if it is expired you can get new ones at the airport.

ozboy

I have used Mr Toom several times but was unhappy on my return trip in December 07. The car was borrowed? and aircon naff. I emailed Mr Toom but got no reply. I came back to Pattaya this week and used another company I think called Pattaya Limo. They were on time, in a new Toyota car and provided free cold beer. The price was the same as Mr Toom 2200 return. Hope this helps

I have used Mr Toom several times but was unhappy on my return trip in December 07. The car was borrowed? and aircon naff. I emailed Mr Toom but got no reply. I came back to Pattaya this week and used another company I think called Pattaya Limo. They were on time, in a new Toyota car and provided free cold beer. The price was the same as Mr Toom 2200 return. Hope this helps

Free cold beer? Wha? Please forward the details of this company to me good sir! What is their phone or email?

Thanks!