Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Are the drivers that Toom is sending driving a marked taxi?

Well they are not the multi colored, metered ones, blue and yellow, Pink and whatever, etc, just regular cars. It doesn't look like they are registered for the airport with the deal the AOT has with some cabs, it's an ongoing battle, as you probably know.

We have a similar setup in Honolulu, one cab company has a concession and they are the only ones allowed to pick up at the airport, so you can get another non airport authorized cab company to take you to the airport and drop you off, BUT they are not supposed to pick up fares at the airport. I'm sure we are not the only place that does this.

A part of doing business these days, governments trying to make more money by franchising certain things. Some make sense, others may not to consumers.

Emil, does the Skytop have a taxi service we can use? If so, pretty good price I bet!

Edited by player
Well they are not the multi colored, metered ones, blue and yellow, Pink and whatever, etc, just regular cars. It doesn't look like they are registered for the airport with the deal the AOT has with some cabs, it's an ongoing battle, as you probably know.

Emil, does the Skytop have a taxi service we can use? If so, pretty good price I bet!

If they're not marked then there shouldn't be any problem with them parking in the garage and meeting their fare in the arrival area. The Skytop limo operates when BigD is in town as he doubles as a chauffeur, its a 1950's junker that he calls a classic. :finger

If they're not marked then there shouldn't be any problem with them parking in the garage and meeting their fare in the arrival area. The Skytop limo operates when BigD is in town as he doubles as a chauffeur, its a 1950's junker that he calls a classic. :cry2

Even though they are regular cars, seems to be a problem when they see me. Maybe the drivers are too well known? Not sure what kind of stickers they have on the windshield and if that identifies them.

Anyway, I think I have seen that classic 1950's yellow checker cab riding around, steering wheel on the left side with a older bearded guy that looks like Santa driving, beeping his horn, boom box speakers and music blaring out. Must be BigD! :D

Edited by player
Anyway, I think I have seen that classic 1950's yellow checker cab riding around, steering wheel on the left side with a older bearded guy that looks like Santa driving, beeping his horn, boom box speakers and music blaring out. Must be BigD! :banghead

Ha, like D would have bought speakers when the speaker in the dash works just fine. :bigsmile:

If they're not marked then there shouldn't be any problem with them parking in the garage and meeting their fare in the arrival area. The Skytop limo operates when BigD is in town as he doubles as a chauffeur, its a 1950's junker that he calls a classic. :clap2

Fortunately I don't have to work since I retired when I was 44 with enough money to travel to Pattaya 3 to 5 times a year. :clueless

Fortunately I don't have to work since I retired when I was 44 with enough money to travel to Pattaya 3 to 5 times a year. :D

Fortunately I don't have to work either and get to travel 6 times a year to Pattaya. Staying 6 weeks each trip until I clear up things with selling my house when I can then stay full time. Also I made enough money that I don't have to stay in a run down hotel or worry about paying 500 baht for S/T and 1000 baht for L/T. :bigsmile:

Fortunately I don't have to work either and get to travel 6 times a year to Pattaya. Staying 6 weeks each trip until I clear up things with selling my house when I can then stay full time. Also I made enough money that I don't have to stay in a run down hotel or worry about paying 500 baht for S/T and 1000 baht for L/T. :allright

Fortunately we don't have to sell our house to pay for the move to LOS unlike some on this forum. :D

Fortunately we don't have to sell our house to pay for the move to LOS unlike some on this forum. :bow

If your refering to me I don't have to either, just don't want to maintain a house while living in LOS. I'll still have my condo to live in once the house is sold and the 7 acres up in the California foothills to build on if I decide to move back. :allright Never had to worry about getting a job of teaching English in LOS or looking into investing in a guesthouse like others on this board.

Fortunately we don't have to sell our house to pay for the move to LOS unlike some on this forum. :hijack:

WTF who the hell cares about your financial position,certainly not me and I would guess 99% of other board members! Just what has this to do with the O.P.s subject! :gulp :bigsmile: :D

WTF who the hell cares about your financial position,certainly not me and I would guess 99% of other board members! Just what has this to do with the O.P.s subject! <grin :moon :D

Too true.

"I'm richer than you"

"NO, I'm richer than you AND drive a bigger car"

"Well, I have a BIGGER house"

"I have TWO"

Can tell they're both American eh :hijack: :gulp :bigsmile: :D

In my opinion there is no need to book either Mr T or Mr Toom.

All you have to do is go outside and all the taxi touts are hungry for work, you will be quoted 1500 if you are a complete greenhorn and before you have time to refuse this will drop to 1200 inncluding tolls .... just walk away at these prices and they drop to 1000 including tolls .... I've got for 900 including tolls (300 cheaper than Mr Toom) and the car was quite acceptable and the driver was good.

It is important to rember that time is money with these guys and they don't make money hanging around the airport; they loose money because the longer they are there the more the have to pay for airport parking and the quicker they get away there is a better chance of them getting another run in for the day.

Paying 900 is not being a cheap charlie afterall there ascores of taxi ranks offering 800 +tolls to the airport in pattaya ....No matter what your ride is in Thailand don't be a LDOP and always negotiate

WTF who the hell cares about your financial position,certainly not me and I would guess 99% of other board members! Just what has this to do with the O.P.s subject! :thumbup :finger :hijack

For a guy who doesn't care you seem to get real worked up about it. :bigsmile:

Anyway, regarding Mr. T: I used his him in February and everything was lovely. Only problem came on my end becasue my cell wouldn't work, but went to the info. desk and they phoned him. Found my driver seconds later wandering around with my name on a card. Would highly advise using this cat, if 'ya want to pre-book with a taxi. See ya'll in 21 days!

Fortunately we don't have to sell our house to pay for the move to LOS unlike some on this forum. :ang2

I would rather have to sell my house than rely on my working wife for 75% of my annual GDP. :D

Also, at least some members "moves to LOS" are factual, not hypothetical. :sosad

Weren't you supposed to make the move awhile ago? :D

BTW, I used Mr. T serveral times 5-6 years ago for the return to Bangkok and never had a problem.

Edited by Hub
Fortunately we don't have to sell our house to pay for the move to LOS unlike some on this forum. :allright

Given the state of the housing market in both the US and UK, the guys who did flog their house are the clever ones now sitting on a load of cash that isn't depreciating on a daily basis. It's pretty difficult to sell now if there is no-one willing/able to buy your house.

Given the state of the housing market in both the US and UK, the guys who did flog their house are the clever ones now sitting on a load of cash that isn't depreciating on a daily basis. It's pretty difficult to sell now if there is no-one willing/able to buy your house. :allright

Friend of ours that's in the same school district where in had their home on the market for three days. They sold it for $650,000USD three months ago. When you live in a wealthy neighborhood like we do with one of the top ten school districts in the state it's not hard to sell your house. People who look to buy where we live have the price of admission with high paying jobs to qualify for a mortgage.

I would rather have to sell my house than rely on my working wife for 75% of my annual GDP. :allright

Also, at least some members "moves to LOS" are factual, not hypothetical. :poke

Weren't you supposed to make the move awhile ago?

BTW, I used Mr. T serveral times 5-6 years ago for the return to Bangkok and never had a problem.

How much does your working wife make? Does she have a 4 year college degree and did she graduate with a 3.997 GPA. Is your wife in any honors society like my wife is? BTW now that my working wife has retired our income from pensions and investments are equal.

Once again you don't know what your talking about with regards to our move to LOS. The move is on for the future but we did look at houses in Pattaya awhile ago.

BTW now that my working wife has retired our income from pensions and investments are equal.

As long as she's happy at the lower income level I say, you go girl.

Oh yeah, I've used Mr T at least a half dozen times and always been satisfied.

Friend of ours that's in the same school district where in had their home on the market for three days. They sold it for $650,000USD three months ago. When you live in a wealthy neighborhood like we do with one of the top ten school districts in the state it's not hard to sell your house. People who look to buy where we live have the price of admission with high paying jobs to qualify for a mortgage.

Unfortunately, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Emil, seems to be doing a good job of spending a significant amount of time in LOS whilst others just talk and fantasise about it.

Once again you don't know what your talking about with regards to our move to LOS. The move is on for the future but we did look at houses in Pattaya awhile ago

How many years have you been telling us that?

Edited by CheshireTom
He told us when his daughter graduated, we assumed that he meant high school and not getting her PHD.

Your correct, I said when she finished high school and was settled into college we would look into renting a house in Pattaya and that's exactly what we did last December when my wife was in Pattaya we looked at houses to rent. Lot of good choices available and at a good price. I'm back in town next month and I plan on looking at more houses.

Im just a poor tomato farmer from Maryland,live on a boat.

But for the newbs,try pl4 pattaya taxi.I have had good results.

Mr Toom was fine but i had concerns with the condition of the cab my last

booking with him.

There is no difference between Mr T and Mr Toom in terms of service. Whether you get a good car with good driver, all depend on your luck on the day pf your arrival or departure. However, as Mr T's is cheaper I will give him the first choice.

Actually if time permits I prefer the Bell Bus, it is more comfort I can always have good sleep for the 2 hours ride.

I used Mr T last Tues 8th April,and booked the taxi, for 4pm, to the airport.

The car showed up at 355 pm, and was a brand new Toyota Estate.

The driver was neatly dressed, ie Jeans, and a Polo shirt.

My TGF, collected some laundry on Soi Buakhao, then we dropped her at her home on Sukhumvit, before carrying on to the Airport.

The driver, was careful at all times, and I was relaxed and happy all the way there.

I have used Mr T a number of times, and am totally satisfied with his service.

As stated, his office, is in a small Soi, opposite the Areca Lodge.

Phone/Fax 6638720318

Mobile 0812587716 / 0813513612

E-mail mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

Airport to Pattaya Taxi 1000, Minibus 1500 Inc Tolls

Pattaya to Airport Taxi 900, Minibus 1400 Inc Tolls

thechairman18