Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Cheap Charlie hotels in BKK?

Hey there,

Going to BKK soon and, although I have a few nights already booked at the Majestic Suites for 1300 baht, I was wondering what other cheaper hotels are available in the general area? (Majestic Suites is sold out for all the other nights I am in BKK.)

There was a new cheap-but-nice hotel that recently opened across the street from Majestic but I don't remember the name - does anyone know the hotel I am talking about? They have a couple internet computers in the lobby and a few floors above with small but tidy rooms for a good price.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I probably cannot do Nana or Dynasty because I have a couple civilian dates lined up and those are a bit shady (and obvious).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Camus

There used to be a place over on the other side of Sukumvit from the Majestic Suites, off on one of the Sois. It was called Business Inn, and from what I could tell by sitting in the coffee shop one night, it might qualify as a cheap charlie place.

J

There used to be a place over on the other side of Sukumvit from the Majestic Suites, off on one of the Sois. It was called Business Inn, and from what I could tell by sitting in the coffee shop one night, it might qualify as a cheap charlie place.

J

Soi 11, I believe, or Soi 11/1.

J

Thanks - yes, I actually made the mistake of staying there once. Sort of grim. Majestic Suites really sets the bar high for the budget hotels in that area. Easy to see why they are always sold out.

I think you nare talking about the Ever Rich Inn, right acros Sukhumvit from the Majestic between soi 5 and 7. www.everrichinn.com Similar rates to the Majestic

Thanks - yes, that is the place. Do you happen to know if they are guest-friendly?

You could try the Ruamchitt Travelodge on Sukhumvit Soi 10 - good quiet location and decent accommodation for around 1,000Bt / Night.

Hey thanks - that place doesn't look too bad and after staying so many years at ground zero the idea of heading to a quieter place off the beaten path sounds nice. Do they allow guests?

Hey thanks - that place doesn't look too bad and after staying so many years at ground zero the idea of heading to a quieter place off the beaten path sounds nice. Do they allow guests?

Yes, the Ruamchitt Travelodge is guest friendly. :wtf

Look at the Classic Place. Not bad and cheap. has a good pool and free breakfast. If you have stayed in the past and didnt like it remember that the new underground link runs just a 100 metres away and this will take you in 15 minutes to Patpong or out to Chatuchak. I am sure that there are better but this place suits me and has in room safe.

Look at the Classic Place. Not bad and cheap. has a good pool and free breakfast. If you have stayed in the past and didnt like it remember that the new underground link runs just a 100 metres away and this will take you in 15 minutes to Patpong or out to Chatuchak. I am sure that there are better but this place suits me and has in room safe.

Teelack,

Looks nice but saw this message on the site "The hotel has decided to CEASE OPERATION And it will be effective from 1st of May 2008 onwards." Too bad. Looks like a nice alternative to the Suk area and with a pool to boot. Wonder why they are closing.

walk up soi nana and go down the little sois off it, there are lots of mini-hotels for around 550-700bt per night, these hotels are often full in high season so you have to take your chances, if you walk further up the swan & swan2 hotels charge around 700bt also, but i not been to the swan for about 1 year so things might have gone up.

I stayed at the Grans Business Inn on Soi 11 a couple of years ago. Very similar in price and accomadations to Grand Majestic (I've stayed there too). Coffee Shop better (imo) than the Grand Majestic. No in-room safes though.

Swan 4 (down Soi Nana) 800 baht. Nice cheap hotel, a little of walking is required (10 min.) or you can take motorbike taxi (20 baht) to Suk.

Honey House soi 22; Honey House Inn 690 baht ("standard room"), Honey House Hotel (further down Soi 22 near the school) has bigger rooms ("superior") for 890 baht and up.