Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Next holiday in bangkok, on july, I'd like to stay in Grace hotel.

Can anybody tell me about the price and how much they charge for guest ( I know that this hotel isn't girl friendly)?

Many thanks in advance.

Next holiday in bangkok, on july, I'd like to stay in Grace hotel.

Can anybody tell me about the price and how much they charge for guest ( I know that this hotel isn't girl friendly)?

Many thanks in advance.

The clientele at that hotel is entirely middle-eastern. I haven't wandered over there since 9-11. I doubt there is much knowledge re: the entire Sukhumvit Soi 3 area on this board. Hmmmm...I could be wrong, I have no idea your ethnicity, etc. But if you are not of middle-eastern decent, I would suggest a different venue. Thanks - and good luck./Travlr

I stayed at the Grace a couple of years ago with a friend who has been going there for the last twenty years - they gave us rooms on the 8th floor, above the main desk area; the elevators only go to the 7th floor, so you walk up to the 8th. At that time this friend told me that they saved this floor for "regular" farangs like us; I don't know if he was right or not because I never saw any of the other guests on that floor. The room wasn't too bad, cost about 950-1000b or so at that time, I think; it is an old hotel, however, and I don't know if they have done any renovation lately.

My friend likes this place because they have all kinds of shops and activities under the one roof; there are always lots of freelancers hanging around and many are the chunkier ones that he and the Middle Eastern types seem to prefer; and they know him and treat him well. I didn't really care for it because I would rather stay in smaller hotels, and the front desk can be pandemonium in that place around checkout time.

The Middle Eastern clientele didn't bother us at all, although I saw a couple of them get into some kind of disagreement with the front desk staff and be extremely rude to them.

And yes, this place is most definitely guest friendly!! As my friend says, "I could have the time of my life here for a week and not even leave the place!"

Ive stayed a few times and IMO, its OK, cheaper than Nana or dynasty and better rooms, loads of Arabs but never had a problem with them, freelancers hang about some OK some not and they have a massage parlour near reception down stairs and although i never tried it the girls looked quite good, you can also choose to have the massage in your room, they also take ID from any TG you may have in your room and phone to ask if all is OK before returning to her when she leaves, so security is good as well.

Had a disco downstairs from reception when i stayed last that's worth a visit although drinks were a bit expensive, think it was 200 baht for a Beer, take a look though if for nothing else to watch the Arabs dancing, they dance with each other rather than girls, quite funny i thought, some nice TG,s down there although as has been mentioned a bit on the chunky side but compared to most Western girls, very nice :clap2