Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Reputable Estate/Rental Agency

Hey Guys,

Can anyone recommend a reputable Estate/Rental Agency in Pattaya?. I am thinking about renting or buying a Condo, probably a 2 bedroom. Also what areas of Pattaya would you suggest? I think Jomtien is to far to travel to the main action. I will be visiting Pattaya in April and hope to have a look at what is available.

stuart at pattaya realty .com also very good, he looks after my property which is rented long term

True scot , if you want to PM me I will give you the Names and numbers of two very good people that I have used that can be highly reccomended .

i have used adam bolton for both my rentals. found them to be great, pattaya-property.net. i dealt with a guy called steve.
Adam or Alan? Alan Bolton seems to specialize in the upper end and better located places, with prices to match....35-55k/month. I would call it the 'well-heeled tourist end' Edited by jacko
Adam or Alan? Alan Bolton seems to specialize in the upper end and better located places, with prices to match....35-55k/month. I would call it the 'well-heeled tourist end'

Alan Bolton Property Consultants - Located in Discovery Park (next to Soi 6/1 and opposite Bangkok Bank on 2nd Road). Telephone 038 416 728

A good range of properties available from as little as 10,000 a month for rent; 850,000 for sale.

Here is one NOT to use, DysonEstates. Nothing but rip-off artists. Switched condo's on me after I had friend in Pattaya select one and then refused to refund any of my deposit even though I gave them about 10/11 weeks notice that I would have to change my plans.

Alan Bolton Property Consultants - Located in Discovery Park (next to Soi 6/1 and opposite Bangkok Bank on 2nd Road). Telephone 038 416 728

A good range of properties available from as little as 10,000 a month for rent; 850,000 for sale.

Yep, 2 at 10k, and one at 150k/month, the majority are in the 25-60k/month range....for sale starting at 750k up to 40 million (for a condo??) mostly in the 2 M - 12 M range. Alan Bolton Property Consultants.
Yep, 2 at 10k, and one at 150k/month, the majority are in the 25-60k/month range....for sale starting at 750k up to 40 million (for a condo??) mostly in the 2 M - 12 M range. Alan Bolton Property Consultants.

Hey Jacko,

Jackoff, if you can't say something nice about someone don't say nothing at all.

10k a month will get you a months rental of a studio in places such as Yensabai, Jomtien Thip, View Talay 1 or Baan Suan Lalana. You'll get a basic condo unit of between 26m2 and 45m2 with a bed, a wardrobe, TV, a fridge and maybe an electric ring or a microwave for cooking. There'll be a separate bathroom with toilet, handbasin and electric heated shower.

15k - 20k will get you a larger studio / 1 bed unit 45m2 - 70 m2 in places such as Executive Residence 1, View Talay 5 or Nova Mirage. With the extra space, there is likely to be a European kitchen and generally the materials used and the finish will be a vast improvement over the lower priced units. IMO, this price range provides rooms equivalent to a 3* / 4* hotel.

20k - 40k will get 1 bed / 2 bed units in the 60m2 - 100m2 size and in the present depressed market there are good deals at the top end of this range as many properties previously rented out at 55k - 60k a month are now being let at 40k on 6 month - 12 month deals. For instance, a 2 bed 100m2 luxury condo in Regent Pratumnak can be had for 40k at the present time.

50k - 100k moves into the higher floor 2 bed condos in places like Northshore, Executive Residence, Chateau Dale or Royal Cliff. In general, there is more space as these tend to be 100m2 - 150m2 in size.

100k+ is for the more exclusive developments and penthouse units. The 350m2 penthouse condo on the 42nd floor of Sky Beach, Wongamat Beach is the 150k property referred to by Jacko. At this level, you will get the best views and the highest quality finish available in Pattaya.

As a rough guide, rental figures for the bottom end of the market are .75% - 1% of capital value per month, the mid market .5% - .75% and the top end .33% - .5%.

10k a month will get you a months rental of a studio in places such as Yensabai, Jomtien Thip, View Talay 1 or Baan Suan Lalana. You'll get a basic condo unit of between 26m2 and 45m2 with a bed, a wardrobe, TV, a fridge and maybe an electric ring or a microwave for cooking. There'll be a separate bathroom with toilet, handbasin and electric heated shower.

15k - 20k will get you a larger studio / 1 bed unit 45m2 - 70 m2 in places such as Executive Residence 1, View Talay 5 or Nova Mirage. With the extra space, there is likely to be a European kitchen and generally the materials used and the finish will be a vast improvement over the lower priced units. IMO, this price range provides rooms equivalent to a 3* / 4* hotel.

20k - 40k will get 1 bed / 2 bed units in the 60m2 - 100m2 size and in the present depressed market there are good deals at the top end of this range as many properties previously rented out at 55k - 60k a month are now being let at 40k on 6 month - 12 month deals. For instance, a 2 bed 100m2 luxury condo in Regent Pratumnak can be had for 40k at the present time.

50k - 100k moves into the higher floor 2 bed condos in places like Northshore, Executive Residence, Chateau Dale or Royal Cliff. In general, there is more space as these tend to be 100m2 - 150m2 in size.

100k+ is for the more exclusive developments and penthouse units. The 350m2 penthouse condo on the 42nd floor of Sky Beach, Wongamat Beach is the 150k property referred to by Jacko. At this level, you will get the best views and the highest quality finish available in Pattaya.

As a rough guide, rental figures for the bottom end of the market are .75% - 1% of capital value per month, the mid market .5% - .75% and the top end .33% - .5%.

Thanks, this is very helpful. A 2 bedroom would be nice, but I think for a rental I would probably be looking for something at about 20k a month. So maybe have to settle for a studio or 1 bed to begin with. I've read on here that it is recommended to rent for a while before buying. Would you guys agree?

Thanks, this is very helpful. A 2 bedroom would be nice, but I think for a rental I would probably be looking for something at about 20k a month. So maybe have to settle for a studio or 1 bed to begin with. I've read on here that it is recommended to rent for a while before buying. Would you guys agree?

You may want to consider renting a new house in a gated community. Last December I check out a couple of these and was surprised at the large number of for rent signs. Two and three bedroom furnished homes one with a swimming pool were available for 10-20K per month.

There are many "deals" available as Pattaya is way overbuilt.

You may want to consider renting a new house in a gated community. Last December I check out a couple of these and was surprised at the large number of for rent signs. Two and three bedroom furnished homes one with a swimming pool were available for 10-20K per month.

BigD,

A three-bedroom furnished house with a swimming pool for 20K per month sounds like good value. Do you have any more info (which location/development, terms etc) or a link/contact details?

Hey Jacko,

Jackoff, if you can't say something nice about someone don't say nothing at all.

Who died and appoinrted you a moderator? What I posted came from the website.If you don't like it don't read it!

Take a look at how Skygod responded and learn.

As to the OP,yes, renting before buying is a good choice as, on average, rents can be very reasonable and there are a lot of properties available. Several houses in my street alone.

Edited by jacko

They are planning for the future. Thailand is not on the verge of going broke like the once mighty USA. :ang2

Hey Jacko,

Well Kev. I don't have anything good to say so I have NOT said anything. These guys are trying to make a living and that is fine, HOWEVER, I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I can throw them.

• 6 months later...

A little bit of advise, I would be renting for a year or two before buying right now. :nod

Right now Pattaya is way overbuilt and there are many properties unsold, and at the same time the Thai Bath is very shaky. :bow Be cool, take your time rent for a year or two and give yourself time to make a good deal, to learn more about the different parts of Pattaya and Jomtien and to find an location that you feel is perfect for you! :bow :clap1 :clap2

I think that you will find that Jomtien has a lot of good sides speaking for it :a2m and that it is not really to far away from the the main action. :moon

Good luck in your future quest! :nod

:bow

Hi!Kev

is there any fees to be paid to the Alan Bolton Property Consultants if I rent from there website or just pay the published rates?

You pay the published rate it is the owner of the property who pays the agents fee for renting it out. Alan & Steve are both sound blokes go talk to them, just dont get between them & their tucker. :nod :nod

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at the Alan Bolton site. Can anybody explain to me why a 2 bed, 2 bath house in Central Pattaya with a living area of 100 sq m is available for 13, 000 THB, yet a studio condo less than half the size in the same area costs 20,000THB?

I can highly recommend Pattaya Property Agents which has a web site at Pattaya Property Agents The managing director is Michael Barricelli who you can email at michael@pattayapropertyagents.com

Michael has recently published his own trade magazine which he is presently circulating in the Pattaya area. He has two offices, one here in Naklua, which is in my own condo building here at Wongamat Residence. The second which Mike recently added to his operations is in Jomtien. I also want to mention that Michael used to work for Harvard University's Finance Department where he was part of a small team responsible for the Harvard Endowment fund while also playing a big part at Harvard managing the retirement fund.

Edited by jackcorbett