Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Worst Airline Website

Gotta say worst (and most frustrating) airline website to use gotta be Thai Airlines!! :bigsmile:

The very last piece of information they provide the user/customer with....is the actual cost of the flight!

First ya gotta enter your dates (departure/return), then you have to go and select the flights (if more than one flight going out and coming back on the same day!) and finally after mickeying around for 10 minutes (ok slight exageration!) they eventually provide you with the most important piece of information.....i.e. a price!! A price which is never any good anyway <grin

I think the single function of the Thai airlines website is to make EVA and China Airlines websites look good! The English on the China Airlines website sounds like a Welsh man who has been on the piss for the week after winning the Rugby Six Nations Championship (Well done Wales!) <huh

Any other views on the worst airline website.

Cheers

AronJoseph

ps. no criticism of Aer Lingus allowed :allright

Edited by aronjoseph

What about China Airlines? Impossible to book on it.

Whilst we're on this thread, the best website is KLM - it shows you the dates around when you want to travel and whether they are cheaper. Lufthansa pretty good too, also BA.

Yea, I've had my problems with Thai Air's site. One day I went nuts just trying to enter my customer name and PIN. It would let me do it from Thailand, but not from the USA site. And lord only knows how a person finds out what tickets cost.

J

Yea, I've had my problems with Thai Air's site. One day I went nuts just trying to enter my customer name and PIN. It would let me do it from Thailand, but not from the USA site. And lord only knows how a person finds out what tickets cost.

J

I have decided not to bother with Thai Airlines and possibly Eva & China too (unless they improve their websites). In some ways and perhaps for cultural reasons you would expect the Thai National Airline Website to be a bit obscure (although they are really pushing it with their website). I guess they must do most of their business through normal travel agents or on-line flight shops and not via their own website as is the norm in Northern European Airlines.

However, China and Eva Airlines really do take the biscuit with almost equally apalling websites and this really amazes me :thumbup

Cheers

AronJoseph :kissing

Edited by aronjoseph

KLM great site its just there in front of you

BMI same same.

OH OH OH .so i go to the EVA/CHINA site and all I want to do is put in the dates

that I want to travel and get availability and price,in my dreams how and why

do they make such a simple thing so complicated?.

I have never had a problem with EVAs website. I have booked many flights thru the website.

Thai Air's website is a little hard to use, but once you get the hang of it, you can get prices and flight info out of it.

China Air's website is not as easy as EVAs, but is much easier than Thai Air's.

Scalawag & aardvark

I am amazed at your comments. :banghead

By comparison with the serious, customer friendly, professional, Northern European Airline Websites (i.e British Airways, KLM, Lufthansa) EVA and China websites are absolutely abysmal. :banghead

The Thai Airways website is double abysmal. :banghead :banghead

Sure...you can use them.... BUT they are not particularly user friendly.

Even the Air France website knocks the socks off them. Some of the Middle Eastern airlines are better... Etihad to name one.

EVA and China could do worse and copy the Aer Lingus website which is simple, straightforward and extremely easy to use. Its just too bad that Aer Lingus fly only to primarily European and North American destinations.

Thanks for your comments but I cant agree with you. I think that the China, Eva and Thai Airline Websites are appalling!

Cheers :bigsmile:

AronJoseph

Edited by aronjoseph

As I said, the China Airline web site works fine. Perhaps not the best web site around, but it works. I don't see anything particularly difficult about it.

Edited by Scalawag

South African Airlines web-site is absolutely useless just now. I've been trying to get prices of flights for 2 or 3 days now and all I get is a black screeen once I've selected my flights. :banghead

Alan

Edited by Eneukman

Twice now i have booked tickets via the Thai website recieved confirmation emails and then had the tickets cancelled without any notification or reason. Luckily on both occasions i managed to rebook over the phone. Wont be using them again.

I highly recommend Isaan Air. Great website.

EVA's Thai website will charge you Business Class taxes on an Economy flight.

Unless you notice it and ask for it to be refunded, nothing will be said.

Together with the lack of the ability to view alternative dates whenattempting to make a booking, I would say it's time for a re-design.

the lack of the ability to view alternative dates whenattempting to make a booking, I would say it's time for a re-design.

I believe you have hit the nail on the head valentinoxxx. :clap2

A fundamental part of any good airline website is the easy ability to view alternative (and perhaps less expensive) dates. I believe that Thai and Eva airline websites do not readily offer this functionality.

Scalawag... I have taken another look at the China Airline website and as they do appear to offer this type of alternative date functionality, I am reconsidering my position. As you said "perhaps not the best website". Perhaps not the worst either.

Cheers :hijack

AronJoseph

Together with the lack of the ability to view alternative dates whenattempting to make a booking, I would say it's time for a re-design.

Absolutely, especially when flights only operate on certain days of the week. In some sites, you're just asked to input new dates but how the hell can you do that if you have no way of ascertaining on what dates flighs operate?

Or when sites only allow you to chose a return flight that originates in the UK or wherever! :bigsmile:

Alan