Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anybody got any info on the new(ish) Sea Orchid Hotel.... joiners allowed or not allowed...fees etc.

Looks like a nice hotel... if a bit out of town.

Cheers <grin

AronJoseph

Stayed there 2 weeks in November last year and I would highly recommend the place.

One of those membership type deals - become a member (minimal fee but cannot remember the exact amount) and get around 250 baht per night off the room rate.

As you say, a bit out of the way and you would need own transport, like walking or be prepared to pay a bit extra for buses/bikes.

Would not recommend restaurant but plenty of other good food places nearby and quite handy to the beach.

Cannot advise on joiner fees as we booked in as a couple but I would be highly surprised if there was any charge.

I would not hesitate returning to the Sea Orchid.

Cheers Steveo

I certainly like the look of the place... but I'm kinda wary that the Sea Orchid might be a very family orientated establishment which might frown on any type of mild shenanigans.

Hopefully, somebody might know for sure?

Thanks for your recommendation :thumbup

AronJoseph

Long way out,up near to the Royal Cliff and Asia Hotels,certainly is family orientated so odds on a "Joiner Fee"!

Private taxi to downtown is 150-200 bht or walk down to the stand and get a shared one for 50 bht! Nightly rate for superior room is 1550 bht reducing to 1320 if joining their club for 390 bht.Monthly rate is 33,000 bht incl 1 breakfast.

This is in reply to my E-mail recieved just 3 days ago. Not for me!!