Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Camera Lenses For Sale...

Guess you never heard of ebay. :nod

I think we get your point, it's just that your point was silly. Not flaming you dude, really. You brought this one on yourself.

I bought a 37" Toshiba last week got it home uncrated it and it was dead on arrival. Crated it back up and hauled it back to the store. No hassle return and they handed me another crate. I insisted the salesman uncrate it and plug it in. No problem with the second TV.

My point may be silly to you but I like to make sure used equipment works as advertised before I pay my money.

I bought a 37" Toshiba last week got it home uncrated it and it was dead on arrival. Crated it back up and hauled it back to the store. No hassle return and they handed me another crate. I insisted the salesman uncrate it and plug it in. No problem with the second TV.

My point may be silly to you but I like to make sure used equipment works as advertised before I pay my money.

Right BigD, just be prepared to shop within driving distance.

Asking a guy to leave a lense with a third party and then wait for the test "roll of film", then if that's OK await payment is friggen silly. All from a guy who isn't even in the country yet.... Way over the top my friend.

Right BigD, just be prepared to shop within driving distance.

Asking a guy to leave a lense with a third party and then wait for the test "roll of film", then if that's OK await payment is friggen silly. All from a guy who isn't even in the country yet.... Way over the top my friend.

I've no problem with your response. I told the guy upfront what I was willing to do. Checking out the lens and running a test roll would take about 15 minutes. Getting it developed would take a day and paypal is almost instantaneous. Works for me.

Ummm, no thanks. Glad I'm not the only member here that found that funny and a bit strange.

Mark

How could you not find it strange? Everyone who read it does, to the point it's comical.

But it makes perfect sense to BigD, who seems to operate in a universe where the sun and galaxy rotates around him :hijack

Edited by Hub
I'm going on a 19 day cruise from Miami to Seattle next month and I'm thinking of buying a Nikon D40x before I leave.

WHAT??? The D40x is at the bottom of Nikons DSLR range - I thought some one like yourslef who always boasts about "stuff" would have been buying a D3!

I've just got myself a D200... :clueless

Edited by TheFiend
WHAT??? The D40x is at the bottom of Nikons DSLR range - I thought some one like yourslef who always boasts about "stuff" would have been buying a D3!

I've just got myself a D200... :D

D200 looks to be a sweet camera. Good luck with it. I like "stuff", good quality at a reasonable price works for me. D3 is a great camera with a price to match. I find that top of the line is to expensive and generally speaking bottom of the line has to few features. I've got a line on a used D80 at a good price, I might buy it.

Denny, try the D300 as it's got some very nice features including face recognition on playback.

Lens recommendation is the 18-200VR by Nikon. Good lens.

Mark

PS. if you find someone that will send you that combo (without payment) to run some film through, please share their contact info and ask them if they have a 2nd setup!?!? Sorry, had to say it...

Edited by OnMyWay
D200 looks to be a sweet camera. Good luck with it. I like "stuff", good quality at a reasonable price works for me. D3 is a great camera with a price to match. I find that top of the line is to expensive and generally speaking bottom of the line has to few features. I've got a line on a used D80 at a good price, I might buy it.

I got a very good deal on my D200, admittedly a used one but it is in excellent comdition.... and paid less than the cost of a new D80. The market is getting flooded with them as people are upgrading to the D300.

I recently bought the Nikon 24-120 VR lens to use as my main lens, going for that lens as I can also use it on my Nikon film camera.

Edited by TheFiend
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just got myself a D200... :D

I pulled the trigger and bought a new Nikon D80 with a 18-135 Nikkor lens. Cheap Charley paid less then 1K USD for it. Even when I buy a camera I don't like to over pay. :ang2 BTW D40x is not at the bottom of the Nikon food change. The D40 is. :D

Denny, the D80 is a great camera and you'll be happy with it! Start clicking away and practicing with the manual modes and you'll get some great shots.

Soon you'll be wanting a prime lens and a speedlight flash...

Cheers,

Mark

Denny, the D80 is a great camera and you'll be happy with it! Start clicking away and practicing with the manual modes and you'll get some great shots.

Soon you'll be wanting a prime lens and a speedlight flash...

Cheers,

Mark

I leave my camera on P mode as I find there's always a shoot it or lose it shot. I like to play around with the manual mode when I have time to compose the shot. I'm going on a 19 day cruise through the Panama Canal starting next week. I have a 2gig memory card and my daughter is loaning me one of hers so I'll be snapping away. I like the idea of not having to change film.

BTW camera and lens are made in Thailand.

Edited by BigDUSA
I pulled the trigger and bought a new Nikon D80 with a 18-135 Nikkor lens. Cheap Charley paid less then 1K USD for it. Even when I buy a camera I don't like to over pay.

OK then Mr Pedantic! The D40x, which is next to the bottom of the Nikon DSLR range, is being replaced by the D60.

Been well impressed with my D200..... Now in the process of selling off my D70 and some lenses to pay for another Nikon VR lens :D

I leave my camera on P mode as I find there's always a shoot it or lose it shot. I like to play around with the manual mode when I have time to compose the shot. I'm going on a 19 day cruise through the Panama Canal starting next week. I have a 2gig memory card and my daughter is loaning me one of hers so I'll be snapping away. I like the idea of not having to change film.

BTW camera and lens are made in Thailand.

Don't forget the camera USB cord, or USB card reader. I'm sure the cruise ship will have computers so you can burn your pics to disc and free up some memory card room. And don't forget the blank disks, you don't want to pay LDOP cruise ship prices for the blanks!

Umm on second thought...this isn't a 400 baht a day BigD style cruise ship is it? Maybe the won't have a PC in that lifeboat you are sleeping in :bigsmile:

(sorry, couldn't resist :banana )

Don't forget the camera USB cord, or USB card reader. I'm sure the cruise ship will have computers so you can burn your pics to disc and free up some memory card room. And don't forget the blank disks, you don't want to pay LDOP cruise ship prices for the blanks!

Umm on second thought...this isn't a 400 baht a day BigD style cruise ship is it? Maybe the won't have a PC in that lifeboat you are sleeping in :allright

(sorry, couldn't resist :bow )

He'll probably hand in the memory card for developing. :bow

Been well impressed with my D200..... Now in the process of selling off my D70 and some lenses to pay for another Nikon VR lens :D

Managed to sell the D70 and the price I sold the D70 for was nearly what I paid for my mint D200 :chogdee