Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped here earlier this year and I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed at all.The room was reasonably clean but under the bed and behind the fridge looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks.Generally the room felt and looked tired.

I think the walls were made of very thin plywood as I could hear everything that was going on in the next room in the day and at night !

I had the breakfast a couple of times but it was ruined for me by that loudmouth wanker Derek,why don't you tell him to shut up Dave,every sentance was fucking this or cunt that,totally un-neccesary and you should do something to curb his language.

The breakfast itself was barely average and although the girls tried hard their grasp of English is very poor to say the least,they're from Burma I believe aren't they ? One girl in particular just seemed totally dis-interested and offended to serve me !

Good points

The wifi was good downstairs,slower in the room though.

Some good books for sale but again where were the free newspapers you advertise on the website ?

Mark and Keith were helpful and Mark knows what he's doing when he's working,Keith seemed a nice guy too but does he have to be so sharp with those cleaners ? Give my regards to them both ok and thanks for the advice from them.

I'm not having a personal dig at you Dave but there are things at your place that just aren't right and have put me off staying there again.Ok you get what you pay for but I feel that you do need to spruce up your place quite urgently especially as the Chow Soy across the road has been done out and looks great now judging by the photo's and reviews it's getting.

I will mention to Dave what you have said I am sure he will respond also, Derek yes he is one of Pattaya's losers, he is basically a slob but a real character and I know Dave has a word at times but really he is not so bad, I have heard him and many others swear but not as bad as you heard, I always stay at the Canterbury, 3 reasons, the price, the atmosphere and the fact that there is nothing too much trouble for Dave and his staff.

I have seen with all due respect to your comments guys who come to Pattaya and expect English standards for small money, and get all upset over the silliest little things, all full of their own importance and forget this is Thailand.

The rooms are not Hotel standard but then your not paying hotel rates, I am a Pal of Dave's so I wont go mad on defending him but he has I think 14 rooms and right now, (28th July) while many around have hardly any custom, there are big Hotels with 10/20% occupancy as they are silly money and wont budge even in these hard times, all 14 are full and he has been this way since way back, probably mostly repeat customers because the rates are good and the facilities are good for the money.

The Staff well I always smile at them and they smile back, and if you scowl at them they may not respond to you, remember they are girls from a remote area who up to a few months ago had never seen a foreigner so lets be realistic, as you probably know most Thai girls dont want to do this sort of work and prefer to sit out side a bar or massage shop trying to catch a nice farang with a good heart.

I will pass your message onto Keith but Mark has since gone, I know Dave will be interested to learn that behind the fridge had not been cleaned as thats Keith's job to check that sort of thing, personally I dont check behind mine but I have seen them move it and clean behind it, maybe I am blinkered as I am not picky over such things and Love Thailand and expect lower standards than England but higher standards cost money and many places you go eat or stay cost a similar price to England but I come here to get away from all that.

The newspapers, yes I brought that up a few weeks ago and Dave told me they were over 4quid each (200/220baht) and mostly full of adverts so as the price was so high he stopped buying them but the local papers are always there and free books & magazines but again really the last thing I want to do while here is see who the Government are screwing in UK, I am really only interested in the sport and can read all I want to online.

I agree on the Chow soy front, Dave(scottish ) has made a nice job on them and always busy, yes of course, brand new rooms, I know Dave did some of the rooms up last year and several have thier own sitting room/lounge and separate bedroom and are very sought after, anyway it sounds like I am plugging his business so I will shut up and let him know.

I know he will appreciate the comments and I can see him now giving Keith a hard time over falling standards.

Having stayed at both Canterbury Tales and at Dave Somerville's rooms, I can only say that both are absolute value for money. Both Dave Collier and Dave Somerville are great hosts and I'll happily spend time with them. If I had a problem with my room and I informed Dave, I'm sure he would have tried to do the best he could. To me, having a good host who has my total trust is important and on that count both the places have an equal rating and it can not get any better. While staying at one, I do spend a lot of time eating and drinking with the other...

Edited by sick buffalo
I stopped here earlier this year and I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed at all.The room was reasonably clean but under the bed and behind the fridge looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks.Generally the room felt and looked tired.

I think the walls were made of very thin plywood as I could hear everything that was going on in the next room in the day and at night !

I had the breakfast a couple of times but it was ruined for me by that loudmouth wanker Derek,why don't you tell him to shut up Dave,every sentance was fucking this or cunt that,totally un-neccesary and you should do something to curb his language.

The breakfast itself was barely average and although the girls tried hard their grasp of English is very poor to say the least,they're from Burma I believe aren't they ? One girl in particular just seemed totally dis-interested and offended to serve me !

Good points

The wifi was good downstairs,slower in the room though.

Some good books for sale but again where were the free newspapers you advertise on the website ?

Mark and Keith were helpful and Mark knows what he's doing when he's working,Keith seemed a nice guy too but does he have to be so sharp with those cleaners ? Give my regards to them both ok and thanks for the advice from them.

I'm not having a personal dig at you Dave but there are things at your place that just aren't right and have put me off staying there again.Ok you get what you pay for but I feel that you do need to spruce up your place quite urgently especially as the Chow Soy across the road has been done out and looks great now judging by the photo's and reviews it's getting.

I guess I should mention all photos of the rooms are on the website, so really you would have seen the room before booking, yes the walls are not block but double wood sheet with a lagging but have very few complaints about noise, I apologize as this disturbed you, yes Derek admittedly does or can go a bit over the top but anyone who knows him will admit he is a great fun guy and quite harmless and I do at times mention his language as I will do again when I see him.

As mentioned before the girls will react with a smile if you smile at them, equally they will just do their job in normal circumstances, and of course in any establishment may find it hard to understand tourists too sometimes, Mark, had to get shot of him, enough said, Keith is still here and as honest as they come and very helpful, yes of course the Chow soy rooms are great, they are brand new and more expensive and rightly so but we offer a good deal on longer bookings and Monthly's and I have to say that most of the guests here are repeat customers and right now I am completely full apart from the odd gap between bookings and that in itself says it all really, same goes for the breakfasts.

We cannot please all the people all the time and I would have appreciated you telling me there was any problems with the rooms such as mess under the bed as I am very quick to sort these things, its also quite positive to do so but of course your prerogative.

On a more positive note I have just taken on some more New rooms 100 yards away up the soi and all pics and details on the website, Building C

I guess I should mention all photos of the rooms are on the website, so really you would have seen the room before booking, yes the walls are not block but double wood sheet with a lagging but have very few complaints about noise, I apologize as this disturbed you, yes Derek admittedly does or can go a bit over the top but anyone who knows him will admit he is a great fun guy and quite harmless and I do at times mention his language as I will do again when I see him.

As mentioned before the girls will react with a smile if you smile at them, equally they will just do their job in normal circumstances, and of course in any establishment may find it hard to understand tourists too sometimes, Mark, had to get shot of him, enough said, Keith is still here and as honest as they come and very helpful, yes of course the Chow soy rooms are great, they are brand new and more expensive and rightly so but we offer a good deal on longer bookings and Monthly's and I have to say that most of the guests here are repeat customers and right now I am completely full apart from the odd gap between bookings and that in itself says it all really, same goes for the breakfasts.

We cannot please all the people all the time and I would have appreciated you telling me there was any problems with the rooms such as mess under the bed as I am very quick to sort these things, its also quite positive to do so but of course your prerogative.

On a more positive note I have just taken on some more New rooms 100 yards away up the soi and all pics and details on the website, Building C

Do you not think I looked at the website ? Very easy to tart up photo's to brighten things up isn't it ? As for other things on the site I won't bring them up here.

Why make walls up out of thin plywood ? Plasterboard is available and the sound qualities are far better,I know this after renovating many houses in England so it's not as if I don't know what I'm talking about.

I didn't go looking for dirt either,my wallet fell behind the fridge and that's when I saw the mess behind it,under the bed was spotted by a lady while I was doing things to her.Yes I'm quite energetic too.

The lady I was with actually spoke to your wife about it but seemed to think that your wife spoke down to her because she was a bargirl.It was cleaned the next day when another lady I was with showed the cleaner under the bed and behind the fridge.

I didn't scowl at any of your waitress's,I tried to order food from one in particular and it was like I'd asked her how much for a fuck not for a breakfast,I know they're from Burma but surely they've been in Pattaya long enough to understand breakfast number one with coffee please ?

All the other restaurants I ate in had Thai girls working there and I never had any problems at all.

The rooms look nice at the other place,good standards there by the look of it but if they're 100 yards away does that mean they're off towards Third Road ? If so then I'd imagine the all night noise level from the Thai gay bars/cafes and Karaoke bars will go up noticeably.

I stayed here after reading reports,I checked the website,it looked ok.I had a good time in Pattaya but I won't be staying here again,for an extra fiver a night I can get a cracking clean fresh room just about anywhere.

And Derek's a fun guy ? Your idea of fun and mine must be miles apart,even Keith threatened him while I was there because of the things he was saying.You could tell him I don't appreciate him asking me in front of a lady if I want some jelly to make me go like a fucking train,not big and not clever,at least Keith and Mark apologised for his behaviour later on.

Do you not think I looked at the website ? Very easy to tart up photo's to brighten things up isn't it ? As for other things on the site I won't bring them up here.

Why make walls up out of thin plywood ? Plasterboard is available and the sound qualities are far better,I know this after renovating many houses in England so it's not as if I don't know what I'm talking about.

I didn't go looking for dirt either,my wallet fell behind the fridge and that's when I saw the mess behind it,under the bed was spotted by a lady while I was doing things to her.Yes I'm quite energetic too.

The lady I was with actually spoke to your wife about it but seemed to think that your wife spoke down to her because she was a bargirl.It was cleaned the next day when another lady I was with showed the cleaner under the bed and behind the fridge.

I didn't scowl at any of your waitress's,I tried to order food from one in particular and it was like I'd asked her how much for a fuck not for a breakfast,I know they're from Burma but surely they've been in Pattaya long enough to understand breakfast number one with coffee please ?

All the other restaurants I ate in had Thai girls working there and I never had any problems at all.

The rooms look nice at the other place,good standards there by the look of it but if they're 100 yards away does that mean they're off towards Third Road ? If so then I'd imagine the all night noise level from the Thai gay bars/cafes and Karaoke bars will go up noticeably.

I stayed here after reading reports,I checked the website,it looked ok.I had a good time in Pattaya but I won't be staying here again,for an extra fiver a night I can get a cracking clean fresh room just about anywhere.

And Derek's a fun guy ? Your idea of fun and mine must be miles apart,even Keith threatened him while I was there because of the things he was saying.You could tell him I don't appreciate him asking me in front of a lady if I want some jelly to make me go like a fucking train,not big and not clever,at least Keith and Mark apologised for his behaviour later on.

I know who you are now, ok, no comment.

Edited by thaidave991
Hi guys, please check out our website for some good room deals.

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave just checking you got the 2 bags of books i dropped off for you.Hope they were useful and see you soon for a fry up

john

Hi Dave just checking you got the 2 bags of books i dropped off for you.Hope they were useful and see you soon for a fry up

john

HI John.

No doubt got them, you will have to remind me as I have so many in and out so easy to confuse, remind me when you come in, all the best mate, Dave

HI John.

No doubt got them, you will have to remind me as I have so many in and out so easy to confuse, remind me when you come in, all the best mate, Dave

Think it was Sunday mate,every day the sane here lol.A couple of the books were Ian Botham autobiography,and the same for Stuart Pearce,England u21 manager now.

I gave them to a lady at the bar side

john

Edited by bratpack
Think it was Sunday mate,every day the sane here lol.A couple of the books were Ian Botham autobiography,and the same for Stuart Pearce,England u21 manager now.

I gave them to a lady at the bar side

john

Ah I do seem to remember that, the staff didnt know much about it, anyway pop in when your around and mention it.

All the best Dave

post-17186-1281085739.jpg

Edited by thaidave991
Hey Dave, the new rooms in building C look very nice, what rooms are available for Dec

Please take a look at the website and see all the details/photos of the rooms, then please let me know your dates etc and I will let you know what is available.

Cheers Dave

Hi

Ive stayed at cantebury tales a few times. Excellent place and Dave always jumped on any issues i had. I stayed in both buildings and never had the through the wall noise ! would have added to the entertainment LOL pervert i know but hey so was my lady :-)

With respect to power for notebooks etc (i noticed a comment earlier) i have a thai to UK/usa etc Extension lead this way the Thai plug stays in the wall and i can plug my gadgets into the block. works very well. Cost i think around 100 baht but that was when the pound was 70 baht :-) Labour was not so bad LOL sorry could not resist.

So all in all Horses for courses other places may suit people more and cost more but for me the service and WIFI suit perfectly. And ofcourse girl friendly.. Do you remeber my last one Dave :-) she was gorgeous :-)

Hi

Ive stayed at cantebury tales a few times. Excellent place and Dave always jumped on any issues i had. I stayed in both buildings and never had the through the wall noise ! would have added to the entertainment LOL pervert i know but hey so was my lady :-)

With respect to power for notebooks etc (i noticed a comment earlier) i have a thai to UK/usa etc Extension lead this way the Thai plug stays in the wall and i can plug my gadgets into the block. works very well. Cost i think around 100 baht but that was when the pound was 70 baht :-) Labour was not so bad LOL sorry could not resist.

So all in all Horses for courses other places may suit people more and cost more but for me the service and WIFI suit perfectly. And ofcourse girl friendly.. Do you remeber my last one Dave :-) she was gorgeous :-)

Hey Dom, yes she was as many were HOTTTTTTTT.

post-17186-1282212855.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Soi Bauhkoa, soi metro, Soi Chaiyapoon, I spent 4 weeks in Chaiyapoon, I also checked out the chow soi rooms and chaiyapoon Inn rooms and very good value, some nice eats too, you can find all you need really, salons, Massage real and happy ending, laundry, internet, free wifi, 7/11's & family marts, banks, literally all in this area, and I heard another couple of Go Go's in the plans, the future walking street Me thinks.

Canterbury tales cafe must be doing something right whenever i have tried to stay for a few days it has always been full if only you ask there are many places in pattaya for reasonable prices if you dont pay the first price asked

• 2 weeks later...
Canterbury tales cafe must be doing something right whenever i have tried to stay for a few days it has always been full if only you ask there are many places in pattaya for reasonable prices if you dont pay the first price asked

Yes we get a lot of inquiries for rooms at short notice, I have a lot of bookings but a few gaps between bookings so can often fit them in if only a few days bookings but we are busy so not always easy as we have many repeat customers.

Cheers Dave

I know, I also book well in advance, I enjoy the daily craik in the Cafe and the books are my favourite pastime, I am booked in December and again will book my next trip just before Songkran water festival

post-23758-1287346302.jpg