Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

How do you spend your time?

How do you spend your time  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

your pole doesnt give enough options here is a normal day for me if i am not going on the booze.

get up, have breakfast, sit by pool checking e-mails and replying, have a short swim, get a shower etc.

get on bike do a bit of shopping, return home and watch some tv or again surf net.

decide what to do in the evening, could be a few things, stay in watch dvd, go to movies, go bowling, mabye go visit some friends.

real boring life here, just like home but better weather.

During the day- Golf 4 days a week.Swimming everyday.Play cards with Thai girls 30-40 hours per week.Jetskiing- once a week. Tennis- once a week.

During the night-Bar hop at GoGos 5 nights a week.Bowling 1 night per week.Stay home watch tv-one night.Play cards-as above

I can plan my whole week around buying milk! :bigsmile:

Do-it-yourself jobs around the house.

Internet.

More TV than is good for me!

Fishing.

Off to the shops... got to get that milk.

Evenings are dinner out, a boys night out once a week, dinner at home with TV/DVD a few nights a week.

I enjoy early mornings, cool and sunny, a big beaker of coffee, watch the news, feed the menagerie, spray the garden. She sleeps on.

Visa runs and trips back to the UK break up the time, and uncover the car and tour the north for several days.......

It is very easy to get lazy and sloth-like, but, I see spending 7 afternoons/evenings per week sitting at a bar (or infront of a 7-11) as a waste of time and money too.

Edited by jacko
During the day- Golf 4 days a week.Swimming everyday.Play cards with Thai girls 30-40 hours per week.Jetskiing- once a week. Tennis- once a week.

During the night-Bar hop at GoGos 5 nights a week.Bowling 1 night per week.Stay home watch tv-one night.Play cards-as above

Nice, sounds superb actually, especially the golfing part. Whats your handicapp? did you play that much at home? I haven't played in years because of not having access to courses but i can strike the ball quite well. I too am planning on making the move to thailand, maybe pattaya at some point and aside from the obvious, playing a lot of golf is also high on my list of things to do.

No answers there for me. I get up whenever I want, check my email and spend more time on the Internet than I should. I burned out on the night life years ago. I do go up the mountain to my favorite watering hole a couple times a week. I drink Archa beer and pay 35 baht for a big bottle. I walk around the property and have a look at the ducks and turkeys. We normally have newly hatched turkeys and ducks. I have a pretty well equipped work shop and I have a number of projects started that I may or may not finish. Depends on my mood. I often jump on the motorbike and check out our two small farms and the ponds. If I feel ambitious, I take my little tractor and go destroy something. I watch UBC TV no more than a couple hours a week. I also have probably a hundred DVD movies that I MAY watch some day. Life out in the boonies suits me. Life is good.

I do a lot of things (except work). These may include a lot of sports, some shopping, a lot of walking around (sometimes for hours), traveling through LOS (mainly Isaan) but also to Laos, Cambodia and Birma (no, not for visa runs). I don't plan too much and if I plan something the plan can be changed by the minute. Of course once in a while I go out for some pleasure. In the past I have also teached internet and computing in general to a number of ladies. When I started living in Pattaya I attended Thai classes.

So far today

Morning shag with last night's bg.

Pay water bill for my existing condo

Go to estate agent and ask why I've received a water bill for my new condo (only got keys last week) and enquire about condo papers from Land Office. Told there was a fee to be paid for change of director!!!

Continue the process of moving all my stuff from my old condo to my new one. Just how much junk can you accumulate in 2 rooms in just under 3 years?

Find somewhere to store all the junk until I can be arsed sorting through it all. :bow

Stop for lunch

Continue moving stuff

Back to estate agent to pay change of director fee but still no documents as person who deals with this is in a meeting!!!!!!! :clap1 :D :bow

Move more stuff to new condo.

Decide I've had enough for one day so try to log on to internet but find TOT's wonderful reliable service is down for the zillionth time in the 2 years I've had their crap service. (Tried to change to TT&T but they claim no lines available in View Talay 2A :ang2 :ang2 :ang2 )

Go down to internet cafe to check on some important matters

Come back to new condo - internet now working.

Browse various web-sites. And already it's nearly half past five.

Alan

So far today

Go to estate agent and ask why I've received a water bill for my new condo (only got keys last week) and enquire about condo papers from Land Office. Told there was a fee to be paid for change of director!!!

Continue the process of moving all my stuff from my old condo to my new one. Just how much junk can you accumulate in 2 rooms in just under 3 years?

Find somewhere to store all the junk until I can be arsed sorting through it all. :bow

Stop for lunch

Continue moving stuff

Back to estate agent to pay change of director fee but still no documents as person who deals with this is in a meeting!!!!!!! :clap1 :D :bow

Decide I've had enough for one day so try to log on to internet but find TOT's wonderful reliable service is down for the zillionth time in the 2 years I've had their crap service. (Tried to change to TT&T but they claim no lines available in View Talay 2A :ang2 :ang2 :ang2 )

Alan

Good job you didn't have to count your money today Alan, or you'd still be in the old condo. :D

My first post on the forum. I have posted a few on Hua Hin afterdark though.

Golf, is there some local societies that expats and those living for a months/weeks at a time may become members of?

The idea of all the time with a BG might worry my wife a little, a boys night out is different! :allright

However Golf and Tennis are my thing, with the fantastic massages available in LOS it keeps me going longer.

I am interested in moving to LOS full time one day , but I note that somebody claims,£20,000 per year may not be enough to live on ..... Christ what do you boys do ? ( stupid Question I suppose)

Anyway for me it would , sport, play and watch, afternoon games in UK are timed for evening over in LOS.

Indulge in Massages, Boys night out , Travel to Nam , Cam etc in order to find best investment (outside of UK ) for property

So I liked HUA HIN, but Pattaya is handy for flying into new airport then quick to here.

I am searching places to live for a month for my first visit, Jomtiam I am told is ok , north area?

A friend now lives with his TGF there paying £3-50 a day in a beach front condo , 7th floor.

Is there a time not to visit Thailand and pattaya, is Nam a better prospect for some of the months ?

When I arrive I look forward to catching up with some of the characters on the forum.

Golf partners would be very welcome, 20 HC at the moment , but I would be hoping to get that down to 15 after 3 months

Hi Puaa,

Why didn't you put "Full time work" choice ?

Many guys are living here making their business.

Idefix

Edited by Idefix
My first post on the forum. I have posted a few on Hua Hin afterdark though.

Golf, is there some local societies that expats and those living for a months/weeks at a time may become members of?

The idea of all the time with a BG might worry my wife a little, a boys night out is different!

However Golf and Tennis are my thing, with the fantastic massages available in LOS it keeps me going longer.

I am interested in moving to LOS full time one day , but I note that somebody claims,£20,000 per year may not be enough to live on ..... Christ what do you boys do ? ( stupid Question I suppose)

Anyway for me it would , sport, play and watch, afternoon games in UK are timed for evening over in LOS.

Indulge in Massages, Boys night out , Travel to Nam , Cam etc in order to find best investment (outside of UK ) for property

So I liked HUA HIN, but Pattaya is handy for flying into new airport then quick to here.

I am searching places to live for a month for my first visit, Jomtiam I am told is ok , north area?

A friend now lives with his TGF there paying £3-50 a day in a beach front condo , 7th floor.

Is there a time not to visit Thailand and pattaya, is Nam a better prospect for some of the months ?

When I arrive I look forward to catching up with some of the characters on the forum.

Golf partners would be very welcome, 20 HC at the moment , but I would be hoping to get that down to 15 after 3 months

Lot of questions mixed in there.....I will take on a few.

Plenty of golf clubs, and plenty of bars that use it as their 'raison de etre'...The Caddy Shack, The Golf Club, Travellers Rest, Bowling Green, Outback Bar.. for example. They organise golfing days once a week or more. That is daytime covered...:wanker

£20,000 pa to live on....103,000 baht/month...I would say a fair figure for a quieter person, I manage on a little under that but big ticket items can hurt the budget (car, insurance, motorbike, TV explodes, computer packs in, flight tickets, sick buffalo, TGF runs off with safe!). If you own your accommodation, rather than rent, likely enough. Depends on partying habits a LOT!

Times to avoid Pattaya, Songkran and the New Year high high season....I have never visited Nam but other parts of Thailand are worthy of visiting.

Good luck.

Edited by jacko
So far today

Find somewhere to store all the junk until I can be arsed sorting through it all.

Stop for lunch

Continue moving stuff

Back to estate agent to pay change of director fee but still no documents as person who deals with this is in a meeting!!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

Alan

Change of director? Are you saying you actually bought a condo owned by a bogus company? I would have thought a seasoned expat would have bought a condo in his own name.

I drink Archa beer and pay 35 baht for a big bottle.

Same for me. I used to drink 2 big bottles pretty much every night. It's pretty good beer but if I drank 3 bottles I'd have a headache the next morning. Now I'm back in the US and it's difficult to get used to drinking from the smaller bottles. They seem to go down alot faster and with less kick. :poke

The problem with drinking Archa is my GF's brothers and the other Thai guys in our village would call me a Cheap Charlie. They all drank Leo or Singha.

Archa.jpg

Up at the crack of dawn :banana :bj2

Swimming in my hotel pool.... :clap1

Watch the tube..some news and such...

Hit my local favorite beer bar on walking street, check out the action crusin by :clap1

Start hitting a few go-go bars..checking out the talent..if nothing catches my eye, then back to my beer bar and a few other stops along the way :thumbup

Then repeat same until I'm trashed or pick up a dame :bigsmile:

Oh yeah, and sometimes get something to eat

I was drinking Chang but the hangovers were just too much to handle. Four big bottles of Chang mean a two day hangover for me. I don't like the taste of Leo too much but I can drink it with ice. Four big bottles of Archa give me a nice buzz and I feel pretty decent in the morning. Most places up here have very few choices.

"Golf partners would be very welcome, 20 HC at the moment , but I would be hoping to get that down to 15 after 3 months

I'm currently a 7 handicap, I play maybe once or twice a month, and got that down from a 15 in a month. I know most of you golfers have heard this but I will say it again.

Take two weeks off, don't play one round, work on your chipping, putting, and sand game, for two hours everyday. Trust me. Once you stop flubbing those chips and kill those three putts you can easily shave off alot of strokes on your game. I get extremely pissed when I three putt.

It's a bit boring sometimes so it's better if two of you do this at the same time so you both can compete against each other. I will be down on April 18th and if anyone is interested I can come play a round or two. And if you trust me enough I can look at your swing and try to give you a few pointers.

At one point I was going to be a PGA Pro, not on the tour, but a Pro at a course but one thing lead to another and I never had/have the time to practice to get myself where I need be. My dad went to Q-School twice in the 70's but didn't make the cut. Funny thing is he never taught me a dam thing. 100% self taught.

Greens and fairways my friends... or drinking and ladies... both are good options!

You know, the way that you spend your time varies from person to person. But, if you get bored easily at home or wherever you live, you will probably get bored living in Pattaya, or wherever you choose to live.

I have enough outside interests so that I never am bored and anyone else who is not usually bored won't be in Pattaya either! You may have to change your lifestyle minimally but there is always plenty to do. The hard thing is finding time to just sit and relax a bit!

Just my MHO!

Cheers

I would say that in Pattaya, as opposed to being in the middle of a 100 acre farm in Ohio, boredom can be alleviated more easily, if you have a bit of cash in your pocket, and don't mind transfering it.

Simply having a better climate, and the sea nearby, offers diversions. There is always the pleasures of an airconditioned GO-GO or massage parlour on a hot afternoon.

Thank you for comments, I guess joining a local society for golf seems a sensible way forward.

I have to say I am also considering Hua Hin as a venue, as as for car, oldish ,blacked out windows with size!

I would expect to rent, and have Tv etc included in package.

As for the lasses, well only on a golf tour so to speak, but I can guess it would be fun to play once in a while !

Strikes me the quieter life is better, sport,massage , a glass or two, swimming and the export of goods to the UK via Internet.

Both my wife and I will travel in Asia,and fly between HK , Aus and GB.

Intention is to search in Jomtiem (!?) for a place to live for a few weeks.

The excitement is in the investigation as well

Anyway thank you for info

I took a 5 month hiatus last year to take a break between jobs.

After a month, I was burned out on the night scene and began to watch alot of dvd's at night.

I must have watched some of the most poorest quality dvd's in my life, but WTF, it was better than the 3 or 4 cable channels (in English).

Generally, my pace of life was much slower than a typical 2 week vacation. I slept alot, perhaps recuperating from burn-out. I would sleep at 4 am, wake up at 2-4pm. Sometimes it would be dark when I wake up, almost as if I was a vampire.

Since I lived in a apartment, even though I did not necessarily go out every night, it seemed like I was awake like everybody else, because it is not always easy to sleep early, when everybody is awake and some people are partying or fucking all night long.

I quickly learned that a simple event like going to get vehicle registration for my motorbike (purchased new) took a better part of 2 days, back and forth, learning curve. I was nowhere as efficient in getting tasks completed and so the real biggest accomplishment of the day, was waking up and finding some new place to eat or shop. It took more effort in keeping some kind of daily supply of pantry food, fruits, and beverages in the fridge.

After a couple of months, I began to establish my favorite places to go, knowing what options I have as a Plan B or Plan C. Nothing beats just exploring and being spontaneous. I enjoyed driving around Pattaya, Jomtien, and especially around the non-tourist spots. I never did so much walking and I so I did not hesitated to stop at a foot massage place, which I liked especially at night after checking out the scenes on Walking Street. Before long, I knew how to run a tighter budget if I need to and still have a good time.

Nothing beats the relaxation of a Thai massage, which I took the liberty of each day. Having said that, it makes doing all the other vacation things to do, more enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...

I exercise heavily every other day. I see my No.2 for lunch (and stuff) five days a week. I take care of my No.1 seven days a week. I eat, I drink some beer. I walk a lot and perv a lot. I sleep well at night. Let's see, did I leave anything out? If I think of something I'll get back to you.

Little Roy :D