Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fun Golf With Fun Golfers In Pattaya - Tuesdays 8am Breakfast,

A group of like minded golfers meet once a week at 8am for breakfast at Canterbury Tales next door to Crazy Daves, Soi Chaiyapoon. (in May we will be meeting at Rabbi's Elephant Bar, Soi Beokau and Soi 21. Then @ 8:45 we carpool to Plutaloung Navy Course (challenging 36 hole course) for a fun day of golf. No reservations, No Handicaps, no betting, just go out and play a fun game of Bingo Bango Bongo. Nobody will ask you what you shot on that last hole because “honors” goes to the first one who tees up. In US we call it “ready golf”.

There are no 2’s, closest to the pin, or longest drives that might embarrass the average golfer. If you are used to shooting 120 or 80 this is the place to come out and enjoy amateur golf with a bunch of fun loving guys who like to laugh and have fun. We play a format called “Bingo, Bango, Bongo”. Each group only competes with their own group, 3 points per hole, thus Bingo, Bango, Bongo, Bingo point goes to the first one on the green from the farthest away from the green. Bango point goes to whichever golfer is closest to the pin once everyone is on the green. Bongo point goes to whoever makes the longest putt. (Don’t try to learn the rules, someone in your group that knows the rules will keep score)

It does not matter how many strokes it took you to reach the green, nor, how many putts it took you to sink the longest putt, you still will win the point. We do have a few variations to the Standard PGA rules but most standard rules are ignored.

Examples. (*with no penalty)** only penalty is, you cannot win a Bingo point with that shot

• *Lift, clean and place within 12” allowed anywhere (no penalty).

• *Local rules of the course apply.

• ** Mulligan (tee up and hit again) allowed on every hole only if 1 of these apply.

1. If it didn’t go past the ladies tee.

2. It went into the water.

3. It went into the deep rough.

4. It went OB

• ** you are allowed to pick up your ball at anytime and move it to where you wish it had landed but didn’t.

• ** If you put the ball in the water and don’t want to waste another ball OK to drop on other side of the water.

• ** If you are in a sand trap with a high lip and you are having a difficult time getting out, it is OK to pick it up and throw it out if you want.

There are a few more slight variations to the rules but someone in your group will know the variations and keep the score. The best way to find out is to come out and join us. Remember the purpose of this group is to have fun, get some sun and exercise. It is not to learn the rules of golf or to embarrass anyone because of their stroke count.

Some of our recent winners

For more information call HawaiiBob @0878296824 or e-mail Hawaiibob4you@yahoo.com, or PM or just show up at Canterbury Tales or Elephant bar in May onward. No reservations required, transportation available for B200 r/t club rental B300 at course.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a great fun day out and i highly recommend it, all that currently go are great company, it dont matter if you arent the greatest player, this day is about fun

This weeks winners along with a special prize for Oregon Bob who managed 2 birdies. He was awarded a prize by our current birdie champion Scarlet, a Red Lori. Unfortunately his prize disappeared quickly because we had to wipe it off of his shirt. 040808_winners.jpg

040808_Birdie_winner.jpg

The rules suggest that beer may be available on the course.

I may be back from Hua Hin to join the 12 May outing.

Couple of questions, not at all aware of the directions,point me to a map or orientation from

Big C ,Nakula or WS.

Im not dragging my clubs half way around the world since the airfare would be more than there worth. Rentals?

Also,Teelack will not buy the Playing golf thing again,would she be welcomed to come along.

Bill.

Edited by sailingbill

In May we will be playing from the Elephant bar. On Soi Baukauw (sp) almost at the corner of Soi 21. That make it about 1/2 kilo from Pattaya Klang.

Clubs are available to rent at the course for B300.

TGF non golfer can ride with you and watch for B200.

Buggy for 1 golfer and non playing rider is B400.

I hope to see you in May.

The members voted yesterday to take a holiday from golfing next Tuesday 04/15/08 due to many escaping from Pattaya during Songkran and the increase of golf fees on holidays from B350 to B1200 for non PSC members and also expecting that many Thai's will possibly crowd the golf course.

yesterdays golf day was one of the funniest days golf ive played for a long time, not serious , just great fun and great company :banghead

yesterdays golf day was one of the funniest days golf ive played for a long time, not serious , just great fun and great company :bigsmile:

Yes I can second that.

It was the best fun day we have had.

Good company :thumbup

Good sportsmanship <grin

and just great fun. <huh

Come out and play with us... <grin

and after at the clubhouse <huh

For me the whole idea of playing golf is to have FUN.

I have been living in Thailand now for almost 3 years, but I have been up against many players who were much better than me, and I felt that I was slowing up their game .......... So I stopped playing altogether.

Then I joined the Pattaya Expat Club I heard about a golf group which meets every tuesday, and they play Bingo Bango Bongo.

I was curious to find out just what Bingo Bango Bongo was ?

So I met up with the group and went along for a days golf, no waiting for a Tee-off time, so off we went.

I now join the group every week and I have never had so much FUN playing golf !

Even seasoned golfers with low handicaps say how much they enjoy playing with us.

Derycolin

After a 1 week hiatus for Sonkran we resume again Tuesday the 22nd leaving from Canterbury Tales for 2 weeks then moving to Elephant Bar, Sou Baukou and Soi 21 starting in May.

Edited by Bob4you

A great days golf !

This week another 2 keen golfers from the UK joined us for their first round of Bingo Bango Bongo.

Guess what ?

Yes, they want to play next week, because they had so much Fun.

Derycolin

Another fun day on the golf course. A trifle hot but most of us used buggies and the course did not get rain the night before so we were free to drive anywhere we wanted. Some players played full USGA rules along with Bingo, Bango, Bongo. IE no mulligans. Their are serious golfers in our group, but I'm not one of them.

Reminder starting in May we will be meeting at Rabbi's Elephant Bar, Soi Boakeau and Soi 21 (week after next).

Russell___Ken.JPG

the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off, thankyou to bob4you for a really relaxing yet fun day, everyone had a great day :clap2

Just so to let you all no that in june you can get a pattaya sports club membership for 600baht for 1 year that has many benefits and will get you further discounts all year round at golf.At the moment its low season with some courses, but we play at the plutamalong near Sattahip and your all welcome to come along.

i had dinner last nite with the two guys who were serious players and they send their thanks to bob4you, the big guy was very happy and cant wait to return next tuesday :bigsmile:

This sounds like an ideal group for me. I haven't played for over 20 years - and even when I did play it a score of 110 would be pretty damn good!!!!

I played the Old Course at St. Andrews many years ago and none of us managed a par at any othe holes. I did manage three bogeys - including one at the par 5 fifth despite putting my 2nd into one of the many pot bunkers. My escape shot went further in a vertical direction than horizontally but at least I was out at the first attempt. :clap2

Alan

We have a St. Andrews course here in Pattaya, it is the one course here I haven't played. I was told that unless you have a handicap of 18 or less they won't let you on. My goal in life is to be able to shoot my age as my golf score for 18 holes, so lately I have been planing to live to be over 100.

Carrying your clubs to Thailand may not cost as much as you think. If you have only one other bag, it may be free. United has just started charging $25 for a second bag, unless you are Premier status. It hasn't cost me anything to carry my clubs so far.

I enjoyed playing golf with Bob and the boys and Mini last trip.

Edited by hound
We have a St. Andrews course here in Pattaya, it is the one course here I haven't played. I was told that unless you have a handicap of 18 or less they won't let you on. My goal in life is to be able to shoot my age as my golf score for 18 holes, so lately I have been planing to live to be over 100.

Bob, they don't check handicaps - or even ask for them. But. If you can't CARRY the ball IN THE AIR for a minimum of 180 yards off the tee (200 would be better) you'll have big problems on this course. On several holes you're about 180 to the fairway with no "bail out" option. It IS a great course and well worth playing at least once, but it's seriously long. Also, it's one of those courses where the right caddy can take 10 shots off of your score.

we played golf yesterday and im sure bob will be posting the pics soon, a friend of mine who has a very good handicap has enjoyed playing this game with us because its so much fun and everyone is on a level peg(so to speak) and its a fair game all the way thru, it was hot yesterday but that didnt spoil any of the fun we had.So the next time you hear; tilak what we do today? you could give tilak a couple a hundred baht and send her to market today, and come join in the fun with us. :clap1

This week's winners!

0428_winners.jpg

i have just got back from playing at another course and i have to say that my golf has improved alot and the guy called russell talked all the way around the course today about getting back on tuesday, hes totally hooked, bob can you confirm that we are meeting at the rabbi bar the next time ??

This is confirmation that we will be meeting for breakfast at 8am at new venue called "Rabbi's Elephant Bar" located on Soi Boukhow almost at Soi 21.

See you all there.

Hi,

I'm a member but a newbie to this forum. I'd like to know if it is possible to pin this partucular topic as it seems to me this would be of interest to interested newbies. This is something I'd certainly consider the next trip. I'm not a great golfer and I would like to join the outing on my next venture.

Thanks and regards,

-rb-