Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I visited LOS a few weeks ago.

Wanting to save a few baht and avoid the hassle of the taxi line, I decided to check out Mr. T's Taxi service as recommended here on the forums and emailed a few days in advance requesting the 1000bt BKK-to-Patts special.

When I stumbled out the arrivals gate into the throngs of people waiting for their loved ones or their customers I saw this mid-20s Thai girl holding a sign with my name on it. :ang2

Haha... I have to say, this was a first for me (seeing my name on a sign) and I got a chuckle out of it.

I said hello and asked her name. She replied "Sa-noopy" :ang2 and indicated to follow her.

I assumed she was just the greeter and would be taking me to your typical Toyota taxi piloted by your typical tanned and surly Thai dude driver.

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised when we approached a car in the parking garage and she opened the trunk. "Are you the driver?" I asked. She said "yes" and gave that cute little nod of the head so common with Thai girls.

The car was a styling Honda of some sort and very nice inside and out. I got in the passenger seat and looked around. I noticed a large decal on the rear window: Snoopy. I had another chuckle about that. :ang2

I tried to engage Snoopy in conversation but, unfortunately, her English wasn't that good and I only know a few words of Thai. Not much talking but she was pleasant enough. She told me Mr T was her uncle. Apparently it is somewhat of a family business.

Snoopy was a good driver, keeping a nice speed but not getting even close to reckless. I was particularly impressed when she took a detour avoiding that spot in the highway that typically clogs up and turns to gridlock. She had a DVD player installed in the car and so I watched some counterfeit music videos to pass the time. Before long we arrived in Patts and she dispatched me to my hotel on Soi 8.

I asked her if she could be my driver when I went back to BKK and was hoping she would give me her mobile. As it was, she seemed shy and just said "maybe can be your driver, up to my uncle."

After a few days of fun in Patts it was time to head to back to the Big Mango to meet up with a friend and continue my adventures in LOS.

I emailed Mr T about my plans to return to BKK and asked if I could have Snoopy. He simply replied that a driver would meet me at my preferred time and didn't say one way or another who it would be.

My driver arrived promptly at my hotel at the specified time. I was disappointed to see it wasn't Snoopy and that the car was your typical down at the mouth Toyota. The driver was another mid-20s or so female, however, so that was cool (or so I thought).

This driver was a bit more outgoing than Snoopy and I engaged her in a bit of conversation as we headed out of town.

I was in the back seat and the car was a bit hot so I politely asked her if she could turn on the A/C. She said it was on as high as it could go. However, from where I was sitting, I could see the light for the A/C button wasn't illuminated. I wasn't surprised as more than once I've known taxi drivers to not use the A/C in order to save gas.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions. Maybe the light for the button was broke and I knew that once we hit the higher speeds of the highway the A/C would work better. Or maybe not. We got on the open highway and the car was still somewhat stifling. I asked again if she could turn up the A/C.

I was surprised at what happened next. In an argumentative tone she insisted the A/C was on and in a raised voice asked me if I wanted a different car. It was like a switch had flipped. The woman was batty. :ang2 I decided to call her bluff and replied "yes, I would like a different car."

So she swerves over to the side of the road, parks, and calls someone. After some Thai yammering, she hands her mobile to me. I then spoke to who I can only assume was Mr. T. I tried to explain that the car had no A/C. The person on the other end of the line didn't understand.

Only now, instead of driving at a normal pace, she was driving at very high speeds and was weaving recklessly in and out of cars. I would be a liar if I told you I wasn't frightened. The last way I want to leave this world is at the hands of a moody, fired-up, psycho-Thai chick. :clap2 Fortunately, her maniacal driving settled down after a few minutes. Nonetheless, I took a Xanax to settle my nerves and keep me calm for the remainder of the drive.

The rest of the trip was uneventful. The car cooled down a teeny bit but was still a bit hot. And not another word was spoken aside from telling the psycho-chick where to drop me off.

When she dropped me she demanded an extra 100bt for tolls. I had understood it was 1000bt inclusive but at this point I just wanted out of the car. I gave her the money and looked forward to checking in to my hotel and downing some Singhas. :ang2

All things considered, I would say Mr Ts Taxi service is a toss up. Just depends which driver and which car you get. Damn that chick was nutso!

At a guess you got a Bangkok taxi, legal or not which had previously taken a fare to Pattaya and had hung around until she got the call from Mt T to pick you up.

As Pattaya cars and let's face it they are not legal taxis, cannot pick up at the airport, the company makes some commission from your fare which the driver pays and the Bangkok driver gets some cash rather than going back empty.

It is standard practice and at the bottom end of the price barrel, that is all you're going to get.

I have used Mr Toom 5 times no problem, however, I booked a flight yesterday and coming back next Saturday 19th, sent Mr T e-mail got one back today saying no can do, it seems 18th 19th everyone driving from Bkk to Patts for the end of Songkran is crazy and none of his guys will drive.

Anyone any suggestions, looked at the limo pattay, just got phone number no e-mail (that I can see) I tried to call but no joy, could be cos of 1st day of Songkran so will try Monday

I have used Mr Toom 5 times no problem, however, I booked a flight yesterday and coming back next Saturday 19th, sent Mr T e-mail got one back today saying no can do, it seems 18th 19th everyone driving from Bkk to Patts for the end of Songkran is crazy and none of his guys will drive.

Anyone any suggestions, looked at the limo pattay, just got phone number no e-mail (that I can see) I tried to call but no joy, could be cos of 1st day of Songkran so will try Monday

Mr T and Mr Toom are not the same. You refer to both in your post above. Please make it clear to the rest of us to whom you are referring.

I have posted a similar experience regarding Mr Toom (I think Mr T is a seperate operation). My experience was not as bad. The car was poor and no air con. I tried pattaya Limo on my last trip and they were great.2200Bht return including free beer.

:bigsmile: :D :gulp

I have posted a similar experience regarding Mr Toom (I think Mr T is a seperate operation). My experience was not as bad. The car was poor and no air con. I tried pattaya Limo on my last trip and they were great.2200Bht return including free beer.

:bigsmile: :D :gulp

Mr T and Mr Toom are not the same. (Did I mention that already?)

Mr T and Mr Toom are not the same. (Did I mention that already?)

You may have, but what muddies the waters is that Mr. Toom used to work for Mr. T and since Mr. T had his stroke, Toom has helped him out by sometimes subcontracting

You may have, but what muddies the waters is that Mr. Toom used to work for Mr. T and since Mr. T had his stroke, Toom has helped him out by sometimes subcontracting

And adding about 300b to the fare that Mr. T charges after the poor guy had a stroke? What a stand up dude!

Thanks for the unsubstantiated trivia, but it's irrelevant to the guy who wants to get from point A to point B. Both Mr T and Mr Toom are "dispatchers", but one (Mr Toom) charges much more than the other. Who on this board cares how that situation may have come about?

And adding about 300b to the fare that Mr. T charges after the poor guy had a stroke? What a stand up dude!

Thanks for the unsubstantiated trivia, but it's irrelevant to the guy who wants to get from point A to point B. Both Mr T and Mr Toom are "dispatchers", but one (Mr Toom) charges much more than the other. Who on this board cares how that situation may have come about?

Martin:

You really are a little sensitive, aren't you?

Do you think I was somehow contradicting you? I was just making a general comment.

What is with the "unsubstantiated part", anyways? I used Mr. T for several years and the part about Toom helping out Mr. T with a few fares when he was sick came directly from a conversation I had with Toom himself.

And for what it's worth, I don't think when Toom does or did one of Mr. T's fares he marks it up - it probably goes through Mr. T at Mr. T's prices.

BTW, I am not a defender of Toom - he screwed me over badly a few years ago and I haven't used him since.

Hub

Edited by Hub
  • 4 months later...
Has any body got the latest fare for Mr T.

I'm glad you asked because it has reminded me to fire off an email to him to pick me up next week. :thumbup His fares as of 2 months back were 1000 baht to be picked up at BKK and 900 to be taken to BKK (tolls included). Cheaper going to the airport because there is no additional parking cost or waiting time for the driver.

One of my favorite topics, wish i could just get a reliable,consistent ride.

Last trip i booked with Pl4 taxi,handed off to a Mr. Toom driver,changed to Eve taxi.

For the ride back to BKK, took Eve again but had a little misunderstading,i was going to

Bkk, driver thought S-Boom,called the dispatcher who turned out to be Mr.T . Thats

Mr.T not Mr. Toom

Any luck with the Limo service?wouldn't mind paying a bit more.

Hi Aussiechic

Here's Mr T's business card. Rates are 900B Pattaya to Airport and 1000B Airport to Pattaya.

I was lucky enough to have Snoopy drive me to the airport in a nice new Honda Accord on my last trip.

15-Mr-T.jpg

Chris

Last 3 trips used Paul Carter's service. His wife Jan picks us up in some big 4x4 (dont know what it is) 'cause we bring the golf clubs with us. Always has a few cold beers in the back for us. Plenty of room for the 3 of us. I picked his info off the forum about 2yrs ago. Always a great service' just booked Jan again for our October trip

Last 3 trips used Paul Carter's service. His wife Jan picks us up in some big 4x4 (dont know what it is) 'cause we bring the golf clubs with us. Always has a few cold beers in the back for us. Plenty of room for the 3 of us. I picked his info off the forum about 2yrs ago. Always a great service' just booked Jan again for our October trip

I didn't know they were back in business. I've used their service a few times and was very pleased with how safe a driver Jan is. A few cold ones are always welcome.

11 days till wheels UP....................... :bigsmile:

g'day playmates :ang2

Have been using mr T for many years now when i am going back to the airport ,i use WONDER TOUR & TRAVEL when i arrive because i can email them ( they also are fautless in picking up at the airport ) never had a problem with either , used MR T last AUGUST price 900 bht plus 100 bht tip

will be using both again in oct

MRBILL2

Used Mr T this past Friday. Arrived BKK 45 minutes early. Short wait through immigration and then picked up my bags. This was my first time that my bags were waiting for me on the carousel as the 777 out of Narita was only 1/2 full. Was afraid that my driver might not have arrived yet but after walking out of customs saw the driver with my name and off we went to the parking lot. One hour and 15 minutes later I was at my room in Pattaya. This is the 2nd time that Mr T has picked me up at BKK and both times my ride was in a mini van at the cost of a car pickup.