Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bell Travel Service Bus - Gets a Big Thumbs Up !!

I read about these people here on the forum, and as my flight was not my usual one, and arrived early morning I decided to give them a try.

Booked a reservation by email (tho not necessary) and all went like clockwork....agent at gate #7 first floor Suvarnabhumi as per their email..... bus loaded and on the way 10 minutes later than advertised.......but,

Fastest ever to Pattaya... 1hour 18minutes to depot on Pattaya Nua !!!!

Passing many 'Limos', Taximeters and Ekamai/Patts Buses en route.

Once at the depot immediate transfer of pax to three wating mini buses....my driver had already researched the location of my condo (from my email), and I was the first drop off (of three pax in mini bus).

All for 150baht :clap2

This service wont be long before its over subscribed!

Details are all to be found in this thread: http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...128&hl=Bell

I would like to see them get more business and expand their operating hours. I got to use them awhile back as United put me on one of their Star Alliance partners and I arrived around noon instead of 11 PM. I noticed on my drive back to BKK a few days ago that the bridge work has been completed and there were no detours. All I saw was a small amount of work still being done on the motorway.

I'm going to take my maiden voyage on Bell in 13 days, and am actually looking forward to it. If it's everything everyone is saying, I think moving toward 20-24 hour a day service would put a significant dent in the business of the private car carriers who are charging 9 to 10 times as much.

~ Pen

would put a significant dent in the business of the private car carriers who are charging 9 to 10 times as much.

~ Pen

plus the plethora of Taxis in the airport (the unoffical touts recoil like B movie vampires from a crucifix, when you mention youre booked on the Bell bus :devil )..... all of whom seem to think its their perogative to squander your time while they daly about squeezing every last kilometer out of their last squirt of LPG or else stopping for 'pee pee' or indeed detouring to get LPG.

Used bell travel in January, only 6 people on the 10 am bus. great service no reason to pay 1000bt more for a taxi.

Another good reason to use them. If you are new to Pattaya and do not know where your hotel is they will know where to take you.

Have just in the last minute sent them an Email so as I arrive in a little under 48 hours I will post a message letting you all know how I get on ,as I have always used the Taxis in the past.

Yes, I just got a very proper and efficient email from them with instructions after arrival, and I had sent my reservation query a little less than 24 hours ago.

Really makes you think when you run the numbers that this company is able to make a profit with what would have to be more expensive vehicles and higher gasoline expenses (due to lower mileage), and the need to have 8 - 10 customers a trip to equal the 1,200 to 1,500 baht levy the private cars and drivers charge. Yes, I understand the there is always a premium for privacy and that sense of being treated deferentially -- one only has to look at the difference in tariffs for public transport and limousines -- but I assure you the difference in the U.S. between an airport shuttle bus (a rough equivalent) and a private car / limousine is nowhere near as high as 8x - 10x.

Looks like the touts and the private services have had one over on us for quite some time. If Bell is half as good as as been described on this and other boards, they'll move to the top of my list when my arrival times are convenient or possible.

~ Pen

Unfortunately I did not get to use the Bell service and to be honest I don't know if I or they were at fault ,but I arrived at the ground floor and gate 7 as advised and could not find any lady or any sign saying Bell.After I hung around for about 10 minutes ,being constantly harrassed by Taxi touts ,one of them ,yes a taxi tout showed me the bus stand just inside door 8 on the ground floor where the Government busses seats are sold and as there was a bus leaving at 0915 I used that service instead.The price was 106 baht ,but that works out more expensive as when you get to pattaya you then have to either walk ( no way will I do that) or get a baht bus and pay about 100 baht so he will take you to your hotel .

I could have tried to phone the Bell company but as it was by this time after 0800(next bus is 1000) I figured that the bus would have left anyway so It made more sense to use the alternate bus which was quite good reasonably quick and almost as conveniant.I will try the Bell company next time but I do wish they would get some sort of permanent or semi permanent sign so that passengers will know if they are in the right place ,as I sat at the next door for 50 minutes and never saw any one from bell or any sign so am not even sure if I was looking in the right place.

Jack are you sure you were on the right level. When I first tried them I had a hard time finding them because I was on the wrong level. When I used them there was a tourist police booth right next to door 7 and the Bell lady was seated nearby. I didn't see any taxi touts on this level as it appeared to be for busses only. This is the area where all the tour groups board their busses.

Hi Emil ,They did say in their email ,level 1 so I took that to be the ground floor,although I did try the second floor when I did not see the woman,for second floor I mean the british first floor and there was no sign there either.

I ended up on the actual ground floor ,no matter what they call it here , and that was where I found the Government Bus.

I do get confused about what floor they mean here as it is automatic to think in the way I was brought up to think about which floor is which.

Jack are you sure you were on the right level. When I first tried them I had a hard time finding them because I was on the wrong level. When I used them there was a tourist police booth right next to door 7 and the Bell lady was seated nearby. I didn't see any taxi touts on this level as it appeared to be for busses only. This is the area where all the tour groups board their busses.

Yes the correct place is LEVEL 1,which could be what the english call the basement ,and the bell rep is opposit the tourist police stand which is next to door 7 which is a revolving door (bell do not have a stand just sits on the chairs with a small sign.if facing out through door seven you should be ablr to look to your left and about 40 metres or so up is a food hall.

The arrivals hall is on the second level so you need to go down one level from there.

ozboy