Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden - We are open!

Looks good but I'm not in Pattaya till late Sep/ early Oct but will definately drop in a check it out. Will also bring a few people with me.

Best of luck Pete, but I'm sure it will do fine!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cograts Pete all seems great Im sure it will be a huge succes :clap2 :clap2

Im sure I will indulge in some afternoon beers , what a top location and will get all of the afternoon breeze :bigsmile:

See you on my next adventure ,Will also let all friends going over prior to my trip know as well

All the best

Bruiser

Pete,

Good luck with the bar, I'm sure it will be a great winner. Great promotions, just sorry I cannot check the bar out until my next trip at the end of the year.

I have spent many a night in the bar complex infront of your new bar, and wondered many times why a nice open air bar couldn't work at the back of the complex.

I don't think it will be too long before staff and patrons are beating down your door.

Cheers.

onelilley.

Good Luck. I won't be able to check it out until September so I'll miss the opening specials. Still, it does look like a nice place to kill a few Heinikens during the afternoon.

Can't wait ......... See you tuesday evening

Derycolin

Edited by derycolin

Pete.

Also wish you the best in this new venture.

Already spotted a cutie among your staff.

Oops

Looks like the ideal place to relax and watch the sunset, and more.

Hopefully late June. :clap1

cheers,

chico, grrrruf :bow

I'm looking forward to checking out the bar in about 3 weeks. Before that I'd like to see some trip reports with photos from the first BMs to pick up freelancers there.

Wait a minute, I was there the second night you were open, brought my own lady, even introduced her to you and the manager and I got no discount. :-) :ang2 :banana :drunk

Beer_garden.jpg

I will accept a rain check for my next trip :clap1

Edited by ttk

Hi pete,

checked out your party last night and was confused a little as to what market your trying to corner!

is it a restuarant?

is it a lady bar?

is it a music/video bar?

could be a boxing ring?

1st i should state the obvious:....This bar is HUGE......i mean bloody huge. To fill this to anywhere near busy looking is gonna be a mammoth task in itself. I can see the wooden benches getting full of diners etc but the actual bar area will always look empty.

Call me old-fashioned but i like some type of entertainment when i go out. Unfortunately Pattaya beer garden had nothing to offer last night.

The music was turned down so low that i couldnt actually tell what song was on!

The ceiling fans ill-fitted and wobbled with a dangerous vibration that threatened to drop them down all-together! (maybe a future de-capitation???)

Oh and any one remotely try to save the world's rainforest should not look at the size of the paper of their bill.

On a plus point.....the view was superb and the beer cheap. (however the view wore off in about 20seconds and cheap beer could be had at 7/11).

I can see this working as a restuarant ( and at 30baht beer a daytime hang-out for alcoholics)....but nothing else.

Sorry Pete but if this joint works it will be a stroke of genius and i wish you all the luck in the world (and maybe if the place defines itself somewhat then this might be the case).

This post is aimed at remedy-ing some of the points made and to hopefully help you move forward.

1 last point my GF made was if your trying to bring in the freelancer team hen you need more mirrors as they love to sit and look at themselves!!!

vid

Popped in last night with a few friends, and had a quick chat with the man himself, congratulations were the order of the day. I must say the pics do not do it justice, breathtaking comes to mind, it's enormous ! ! and the view W O W ! an un interrupted view of the whole of Pattay bay and as you said, there's virtually no chance of anyone building something in the way. The ceiling "runway" lights along the corridor that leads to the bar are great and really draw you in. Initially it seemed a bit empty, but considering the size, there were probably enough people to fill several normal sized bars. I was heading out to jam with a few bands that night and had suggested to my friends that we start off by having a look at the place, they were very impressed and we will be making this a regular watering hole.

Excellent work Pete

:clap1 :clap2 :clap1 :clap2 :clap1 :clap2

I called in on Monday afternoon after our golf round and again last night for the opening party.

Monday afternoon saw a decent group of freelancers hanging around at the tables around the perimeter and a bunch of guys seated at the bar. Most unusual for Pattaya - the guys seemed shy to approach the girls despite the injection of 30 baht alcohol. It seems that they need to "learn the drill" for drinking in a freelancer bar. Or maybe the 30 baht alcohol catches their attention more than no barfines to pay!

The place is really comfortable to hang out. A good breeze blows through and it is enormous! Enough room for an indoor go-kart track to run around the bar.

We went back last night and ate there. Chicken and cashew arrived within 10 minutes - tasty and tender.

It will be interesting to see how the place develops. The girls need to get some action if they are to be attracted to the bar. There are plenty of board members who post about the injustice of bars and go-gos charging bar fines so here is the answer to their prayers!

Doggie

Edited by doghaus
checked out your party last night and was confused a little as to what market your trying to corner!

is it a restuarant?

is it a lady bar?

is it a music/video bar?

Hi Vidman

You are not the only one confused so let me explain it a bit better than I have so far.

Really what the place is, is a chill out bar where you can relax, get some good but reasonably priced food, cheaper drinks than most other bars, chat with your friends or check out the passing freelancers. It is not a party bar and there will never be "entertainment" other than good food, cheap drinks, rock music and freelancers. I fully understand that will not be to everyone's liking but you may be surprised by just how many do want that sort of a bar. The music was perhaps a little quiet last night and I did turn it up a bit later in the evening but it will never be at a volume where you are spontaneously going to want to dance.

What has surprised me so far is that the ladies seem to have grasped the concept quicker than the guys. It seems a lot of Pattaya guys have not visited the Beer Garden in Bangkok and don't understand how it works. The ladies will not be chasing you in the Beer Garden. All the ladies are pretty much available but you will have to indicate some interest before they will approach you. A simple smile, nod of the head or a wave will usually do the job. Last night I was circulating amongst the girls who were all keen to go with me ( a shame Ann was there) but were also happy to just have a chat. If you don't want to be bothered you won't be. If you do want to be bothered you need to be a little pro-active.

BTW the fans are very well installed and will not fall off. They are industrial strength fans which all rock a little as they spin (it's called centrifugal force) but they will not fall down. One other thing I should mention here is the ratio of stunners to non-stunners. In Bangkok I'd say it about 50% less than 5s. Thirty five percent 6s and 7s and about 15% 7 and 8s with the occasional 9. If you are looking for the most beautiful girl in Pattaya it is unlikely she will be at the Beer Garden. On the other hand if a nice solid 7 is OK for you and you don't mind that her friends may be a little less than that you will be happy. So far our ratios look much the same.

So here's the thing about the Beer Garden. It is different. It is targeted at guys of a certain type. That would be the type that do like freelancers but don't like loud discos. The music is rock, the beer is cold and the ladies are available. If that suits you then you'll probably like the place. If you want a non-stop party then you need to go elsewhere.

The place is indeed large and I though it would be a long time before I saw it full. As it rained last night the balconies became unusable and we actually ran out of seating inside the bar. We have 150 seats inside so yes, it was full. I think the 30 baht drinks may have had something to do with that but it was interesting to see the place full. I was also very happy to see quite a few hook-ups happening around me but still most of the girls went home disappointed, including quite a few good lookers

Still early days though and we will iron out the problems over the next few weeks. Our biggest problem last night was the service staff could not handle the size of the crowd and it took to long to get guys their drinks and the kitchen ran out of food :clap2 .

TTK

To get the discount you have to ask when ordering. It is impossible to know if people are bringing in freelancers or their girlfriends and it probably would not be polite to ask.

Thanks for the clear explanation. I really think its a great concept and sure to take off.

It will just take time to get known.By the sound of it, the place has had a good start. Your promotions sound excellent. I wish you the very best and hope BM`s continue to give you feedback that helps in it`s success.

I am over next month and look forward to popping in regularly.

:clap1 :clap2 :clap1 :clap2 :clap2

Sounds like a great place to me. I like to do any early evening/late afternoon ST and then take a short nap before going out. I didn't really like the Coconut Bar scene. This looks like it is just what I was looking for. See you in June.

The Opening Night Party

Last night we had our opening party. It was great and terrible all at the same time. It was great to see such a big crowd in to celebrate the opening of Pattaya’s newest bar. Far, far more people than expected turned up and that created quite a few problems on the service front. Then it started to rain so the balcony dwellers fled inside and we ran out of seats in the main bar area. I didn’t expect to see that happen for a year or two as we have 150 seats in that area.

The 30 baht drinks all night was perhaps a bit more successful that I thought it would be. With such a big crowd the service staff just couldn’t cope. Fortunately a few friends, including the lovely Mrs MM who came to celebrate pitched in and started serving the thirsty mob. Then the kitchen that only opened for the first time a few hours before started running out of food. Firstly the free chicken wing disappeared in short order and then all the menu stuff as well. The three cooks certainly had a baptism of fire and were ready to expire at the end of the night. By midnight all we had left was French fries and fried rice.

So thanks to those that came, apologies if the service was slow or you didn’t get any of the free food or tried to order food off the menu and all your choices were not available. We will do better next time.

I was so busy putting out fires I didn’t have time to take any photos. I managed to find a couple posted on the internet but I’d love to see some taken when the crowd was at it’s peak. If you have some please post them here.

Cheers from a very tired but happy Pete.

Pics found on the internet

Opening1.jpg

Opening2.jpg

Hi pete,

is it a restuarant?

is it a lady bar?

is it a music/video bar?

could be a boxing ring?

1st i should state the obvious:....This bar is HUGE......i mean bloody huge. To fill this to anywhere near busy looking is gonna be a mammoth task in itself. I can see the wooden benches getting full of diners etc but the actual bar area will always look empty.

Call me old-fashioned but i like some type of entertainment when i go out. Unfortunately Pattaya beer garden had nothing to offer last night.

The music was turned down so low that i couldnt actually tell what song was on!

The ceiling fans ill-fitted and wobbled with a dangerous vibration that threatened to drop them down all-together! (maybe a future de-capitation???)

Oh and any one remotely try to save the world's rainforest should not look at the size of the paper of their bill.

On a plus point.....the view was superb and the beer cheap. (however the view wore off in about 20seconds and cheap beer could be had at 7/11).

I can see this working as a restuarant ( and at 30baht beer a daytime hang-out for alcoholics)....but nothing else.

Sorry Pete but if this joint works it will be a stroke of genius and i wish you all the luck in the world (and maybe if the place defines itself somewhat then this might be the case).

This post is aimed at remedy-ing some of the points made and to hopefully help you move forward.

1 last point my GF made was if your trying to bring in the freelancer team hen you need more mirrors as they love to sit and look at themselves!!!

vid

what a load of horse poop....bitching about the size paper the bill comes on... :banghead .give me a break...

people like you SOULD stay at home and drink your 7/11 beers....

i for one daytime alcoholics will be happy to drink anytime at the pattaya beer garden... :drunk

I'm surprised at how many people are unfamiliar with the Beer Garden in Bangkok. It would be laughable if someone said the BKK Beer Garden would only work as a restaurant.

Edited by MC_Ldop