Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Shipping to England question

My neighbor who is from England asked me if I could find out from you experts who would be the best company to ship something from Pattaya to England at the lowest price. These items are small but there are many so they want to go by sea to keep the costs down.

Edited by Emil

Shipping agents in Bangkok should be able to advise you on the best way to get the items to England. If they go by air, the cost is based on weight as opposed to size if going by sea.

Alan

Fedex or DHL etc have offices just beside mike shopping mall (although these can be expensive). They dont have flights going out everyday as you'd expect tho. The price starts reasonable for paper items but anything other than that is stupid money.

A cheaper alternative would be the Thai post office's own "DHL" service. Cant remember the exact name but it is alot cheaper and does 7day air delivery to uk.

Either go straight into the post office (soi post office) or if you cant be arsed waiting in line for ages then across the road there is a shop (looks like a travel agents with safety boxes in the rear)..they will do all the shit for you instantly for a few baht extra!

vid

Fedex or DHL etc have offices just beside mike shopping mall (although these can be expensive). They dont have flights going out everyday as you'd expect tho. The price starts reasonable for paper items but anything other than that is stupid money.

A cheaper alternative would be the Thai post office's own "DHL" service. Cant remember the exact name but it is alot cheaper and does 7day air delivery to uk.

Either go straight into the post office (soi post office) or if you cant be arsed waiting in line for ages then across the road there is a shop (looks like a travel agents with safety boxes in the rear)..they will do all the shit for you instantly for a few baht extra!

vid

I think vidman is talking about EMS.

Its WAY quicker them sending my thaipost via the air 3 days door to door in the EU. Its is cheaper than DHL and FedEx etc and you can trace it on the net.

When I had some stuff (books and CD's etc) shipped from the UK, the shipping agents used this company in Bangkok as their Thai agents.

http://www.asiantigers-thailand.com/

They delivered my stuff on time actually arriving 10 minutes earlier than they said they would.

There are many other companies but I have no idea which is the best. Ideally, your friend will want a door to door service with the company taking responsiblity for the packing.

Once a suitable ship is found, the goods will be in transit for around 3 months.

Alan

Thanks lostinamsterdam, it was indeed EMS that i was talking about.

Emil stated that they were small items so logic would say EMS is what he needs. Why have them stuck at sea for 3months (unless its small items x 1000).

Maybe he's trying the old "5000 pairs of sunglasses back to sell at the market" routine!

vid

I found out that the items amount to 6 boxes (normal shipping boxes about 1 meter by 1/3meter by 1/3 meter my approx guess). This is for the guy that I did a post on awhile back that has terminal cancer and I did a post on this board to help sell his condo. I don't know the guy but my neighbor is his friend and trying to help the guy out.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my suits sent to me. I let the store owner handle the details. Sent me the goods as promised 5 to 7 business days. Only cost me 2000 baht. My point is Thai business owners, especially tailors/suit owners, would know best option.