Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi guys,

I just got 6 weeks off work and I am tempted to book my ticket to Bangkok. I have never been to Thailand or Pattaya before so I am wondering if spending 6 weeks there is a bit "too much"..

What do you guys think?

Any advice will be appreciated,

Larry

Might be a bit of an overdose. :cry2

Do you know anyone in LOS or know any "veterans" that will be there at the same time? It really helps to have someone there, on the ground, to show you the ropes.

Good Luck.

:D

Edited by Scalawag

Get booked up and GO!!

But do join this site as a full member if you haven't already.

Loads of info available and advice. But please search first.

6 weeks? No where near long enough but a good starting point!!

I only manage 3 weeks twice per year. Never mind.

Top_Cat

Hi guys,

I just got 6 weeks off work and I am tempted to book my ticket to Bangkok. I have never been to Thailand or Pattaya before so I am wondering if spending 6 weeks there is a bit "too much"..

What do you guys think?

Any advice will be appreciated,

Larry

Somebody should welcome you to the board. :cry2

As a regular tourist you will only be able to get a 30 day visa so therefore unless you get a visa extension you will not be able to stay longer than 30 days.

If you have never been before then nobody can predetermine if you will like it or not.

If you can stick heat and humidity and non stop partying then I suggest you go for it.

6 weeks would not be too much for me but for some people it gets old after about 2 weeks

Make sure you budget your stay and bring at least 2 ATM cards.

My first ever trip to Thailand was for four weeks and I didn't really want to leave.

I guess the real question you have to ask yourself is how much money you want to spend. Being in vacation mode, you can easily spend $150-$200 a day. The could add up over six weeks.

J

If its your first trip and you're not quite sure maybe go for 4 weeks, gives you 2 weeks to unwind before you go back to work, you can also start booking your next trip when you get back home then too.

You'll like it there if you're into mongering and like pretty women, beer etc, might explain why so many blokes go there each year and so many of us poor sods would make it their first stop if they won the lotto.

I have done 6 weeks a couple of times. So much to do and so much to see. When getting a visa go out of country and get a reentry visa. You are limited as to how long for an extension. You will get into a groove and dont fall in love. Too easy to do! My last 6 weeker I got married (a non bar girl) and now have an apartment in bangkok. The wife works for the lottery. Find a girl to do side trips (sriracha tiger zoo) even Bangkok for a couple of days (wat po-royal palace-chaya praya river dinner cruise). It breaks up the routine. Make sure you have enough money for 6 weeks. Take plenty of raincoats-NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN-I take 3 dozen for 2 weeks.

My first trip was originally 2 weeks but got extended to 4 weeks.

I agree with one of the posters saying 4 weeks is good and give yourself a couple weeks off to recuperate. :clap2

When I first came back from 4 weeks, I had been made redundant before I left and thought it would be awhile before I started working again.

Nope I was at work 2 days after I got back at midnight, and still at the same place but a permanent employee nowadays.

Edited by Kev

Thanks for your replies guys.

I will join the full forum so I can take more advantage of the information on this site.

I will just go for it and travel there for 6 weeks. I plan to do a visa run after 4 weeks and just travel a bit around the country if I get tired of the girlie scene.

Again thanks for the information so far,

Larry

I will join the full forum so I can take more advantage of the information on this site.

I will just go for it and travel there for 6 weeks. I plan to do a visa run after 4 weeks and just travel a bit around the country if I get tired of the girlie scene.

Larry

Give yourself a few days to regroup before you return to work. I only give myself a day or two and it kills me. You will be DRAINED when you get back.

It will take about ten days to get back into real life. I'm not saying you need all 10 days off work, but give yourself MORE than a weekend or be prepared to suffer. (I prefer a longer trip and will suffer for it.)

I suffer no jet lag upon arrival, but, the jet lag coming home just kills me. Jet lag and the combination of 5 weeks of partying will do things to your body you can't imagine.

I see you're living and working in Paraguay. Depending on what country's passport you hold you may or may not be eligible to be admitted to Thailand on a 30 day stamp. In any case without a visa the airline may not allow you to board without having a return ticket within 30 days. If you're planning on 6 weeks here you'll need to get a tourist visa.

-redwood

Larry

If you have the time, save yourself the hassle and get a Tourist Visa before you leave.

This will allow you to stay for 60 to 90 days without having to do a visa run.

Thai Embassy - London Visit only

Thai Consulate - Hull Post & Visit

Not sure why I assumed you're from the UK. Just thought the Paraguay thing was a joke.

Edited by valentinoxxx