Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I checked in at the Sabai Lodge for a ten day stay three days ago, but I'll be checking out tomorrow. This is my fith stay here and my last.

First, beware, there is heavy construction going on as they are building a new wing. No mention of this was made when I booked my room two weeks ago. The noise starts early, 7am, and is still in full swing as I type this ay 7pm. I noticed when I checked in on Tuesday that I didn't see any faces behind the desk from my previous 5 times here. Not a good sign. Yesterday they lost a sock from the laundry I sent out. No big deal, but they were new and cost 20 bucks. Today they managed to loose a very expensive silk shirt. No appology, just alot of attitude from the staff.

If your looking to get woken up early to endless hammering, and like plenty of bad attitude from the staff, then I highly recomend this place. Otherwise look elsewhere. I know I will first thing in the morning.

fopa,

I am sorry to read this.

I've stayed in Sabai Lodge many times over the last 5 or 6 years and never experienced any probs with the staff. In fact I've thought their attitude was a real asset to the hotel.

I checked out of the Sabai Wing (I think of it as same hotel) last month after a 3 week stay. First time I stayed in Sabai Wing and I did notice the construction noise coming from two locations, one across Soi 1 & the other beside the hotel, direction of beach, but pretty close. During my stay the noise was not much. The staff attitude, as you state, I would not accept but I suppose theres nothing they can do regards construction noise. If I experienced the same as you I would try another hotel, probably Sabai Resort.

I just hope you have just been unlucky with your experiences and this is not now the norm.

Regards,

Stop the fucking world,the man has lost a sock !

Just get a hotel miles east of Pattaya,its quiet there.

I was a little more pissed off about the silk shirt , whichn cost me about $400 in the States. But hey looser, I'm only reporting my experience there. If stuff like that never bothers you, then the Sabai lodge is made for you. <grin

fopa,

I was considering Sabai Lodge for a stay in July. I appreciate your up to date comments re construction noise and will abandon any plans to stay there. :D

It is regrettable that extremely useful reports like this can at times be subjected to silly comments. :bigsmile:

I've stayed in the Sabai Wing at Sabai Lodge 7 times and always enjoyed myself. The last 2 trips i played cheap charlie and moved across Soi 2 to the Sabai Inn. I'm coming for a 17 day trip in late July and thought i would go back to the Sabai Wing.

I just got a reply to my reservation request and all is well and they are glad i'm coming back! Ked, the reservation girl has been there for awhile and remembers me. I'm going to ask about the noise and new employees and see what she says. I will update when i get a reply.

LTC

I stayed at the Sabai Lodge from May 7 to May 18, at the south end of the large pool in the rooms on the first floor that you step down to. I didn't notice that much noise from construction, but what did annoy me some was the sweeping of the pool deck that would start about 11 AM. The other annoying factors were the extremely hard beds, however, they were king size beds, so if you do not want to cuddle at night, you & your girl can go to each side of the bed and not know she is there. The other problem was the AC was lacking. The room had a recirculating AC, which should be able to freeze the room out, and while it was not uncomfortable, I did not need any blankets to sleep at night. As to the hotel staff, who cares. All I ever said to the staff was "Room 130 please" and after a couple of days they knew who I was. They did however, have a very good system of checking the girls ID.

All in all, I will stay here again on my next trip, however I will stay near the smaller pool.

Here is the reply i got when i asked about the construction and new employees with bad attitudes. I told her that a friend told me it was noisy and the new staff had bad attitudes.

Dear Mr. Eric,

Thank you very much for your reply. We would like to inform you that the building under construction is not of Sabai Lodge and now not noise because it is during decorate.

Thank you very much for you comment about our new staff. We will find out. For Sabai Wing staff we have some person is new.

Please let us have your friend name. We would like to apologize him.

I'll take my chances about the noise. I've booked my room for 17 nights. I've always liked this hotel.

LTC

Edited by Long Tall Cowboy

Wanted to add to Fopa's comments.

Fopa - you turned me on to the Sabai.

Dolphin Pool rooms are being remodeled. Should be done by 2nd week of June.

Next, Ruen Thai rooms will be remodeled. (I love that, this is where my room always is)

The noise is coming from an adjacent condominium building that is being built. Not part of Sabai.

This will continue for another 4 weeks. It is somewhat noisy now at that end of the hotel because they are cutting tile and sheetrock.

Construction has been on for well over a year.

Some new staff at the front desk from Sabai Resort. Get to know them. They are great.

Most of the staff is the same. I loved Bua at front desk, but she is gone. Ked is still great.

I like Sabai Lodge. Great restaurant. I get great service. Great swimming pools. A little pricey without free internet is my biggest complaint. I make noise about internet problem every time. Eventually they will get it I figure just to shut me up. You can get paid wireless in the Sabai wing or come to the lobby.

Fopa, sorry about your bad experience, but I wouldn't give up on Sabai if you had good experiences in the past. The shirt thing could have happened at any hotel in Thailand and probably would have been handled the same way.

Sky at the Sabai. (ps-I am not receiving commission for this post.)

The noise comes from a completely new structure which I presume is a new wing. It is going up directlly between the Dolphin Pool area and the New Wing. So if you stay at the large pool, there is probably little noise. I have always enjoyed the relative quiet and privacy of the Dlophin Pool and had stayed there often in the past. By the time I moved to the LK Renaissance, nearly all the other guests that had been staying on the Dolphin Pool had moved out because of the noise as well.

Here is the reply i got when i asked about the construction and new employees with bad attitudes. I told her that a friend told me it was noisy and the new staff had bad attitudes.

Dear Mr. Eric,

Thank you very much for your reply. We would like to inform you that the building under construction is not of Sabai Lodge and now not noise because it is during decorate.

Thank you very much for you comment about our new staff. We will find out. For Sabai Wing staff we have some person is new.

Please let us have your friend name. We would like to apologize him.

I'll take my chances about the noise. I've booked my room for 17 nights. I've always liked this hotel.

LTC

I was a little more pissed off about the silk shirt , whichn cost me about $400 in the States. But hey looser, I'm only reporting my experience there. If stuff like that never bothers you, then the Sabai lodge is made for you. :banghead

Not sure that I'd give a $400 shirt, nevermind a silk one, to a cheap hotel laundry. Don't think I'd pay that for a shirt but it would be going to professional dry cleaners if I did.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason you lost your shirt is cos they fucked it up in the wash or her boyfriend is wearing it.

You really sent a 400$ silk shirt to a hotel laundry? now that is not smart

as for 20$ socks i feel your pain :bigsmile: