Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Got to Pattaya on the 5th of May, I already made a booking and one night payment for 1800 Baht payment to the Whitehouse condotel in Soi13 when I found out later that deluxe rooms only had the benefit of the kitchen I changed my booking to standard room.

On arrival to the Hotel at 1800 hrs I was shown the room by the hotel porter on entrance to the room there was water all over the floor from a defected fridge. So went back to the hotel reception and I was given another room, on entrance to this room the inside of the door lock fell on the floor again went down to reception and given another room on inspection the shower was defected by a missing drain water cover.

Again I went down to reception but they had no more room available I also asked if the deluxe room was free but they did not have available. As the rooms where defected I asked can I be refunded my money but the reception lady refused to pay back this. No offer was made to rectify the problems with the room.

Also the storage space inside room for clothing is limited and the units are of low quality and looking much worn now.

So I was very lucky when I went next door to the Dynasty Inn where I have stayed there six times before and they had a well maintained room available.

This experience has put me off looking for another hotel specifically if you have to pre pay.

Trip report to follow. :bow

Not a great start to your trip, but look on the bright side! At least you only paid for a couple of nights up front as a deposit and not all upfront for your stay!!!!

I read on here, and have met guys that paid in full for a hotel, that they have never stayed in before, and paid months in advance before their stay. They arrive, think its crap, want a refund, hotel says no, so they feel caught and stay as they can't afford to write off the money they have already paid for hotel!! I first experienced this in Areca Lodge.

I think its crazy to pay a hotel for more than for a couple of nights upfront if you don't know the hotel and have not stayed there before. At least you could change, though its still annoying and a pain in the arse.

Regards,

I always stay at the Whitehouse, in a deluxe suite, and they are fantastic rooms - never had a problem of any kind

Well let me tell you I did not make this up, book there at a risk. I don’t went BM losing out on there money and also trying to find alternative hotel.

I have stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel four times now and never had a problem with the rooms. However, since some of the rooms are condos that the hotel part is renting out for absent owners maybe there is an condo owner or two that is not maintaining his unit.

If I had a problem with one of the rooms then I would try asking to be moved to another room. If the front desk can't help you ask for the Joe Banks, he is the boss.

I have stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel four times now and never had a problem with the rooms. However, since some of the rooms are condos that the hotel part is renting out for absent owners maybe there is an condo owner or two that is not maintaining his unit.

If I had a problem with one of the rooms then I would try asking to be moved to another room. If the front desk can't help you ask for the Joe Banks, he is the boss.

The rooms are the standard rooms the hotel use for holidaymakers and only owned by the hotel, yes asked for him but the woman insisted she is the manager that deals with this. As I said I tried all of the rooms that where available, all had defects which they where not willing to repair or refund my money.

• 3 weeks later...
Got to Pattaya on the 5th of May, I already made a booking and one night payment for 1800 Baht payment to the Whitehouse condotel in Soi13 when I found out later that deluxe rooms only had the benefit of the kitchen I changed my booking to standard room.

On arrival to the Hotel at 1800 hrs I was shown the room by the hotel porter on entrance to the room there was water all over the floor from a defected fridge. So went back to the hotel reception and I was given another room, on entrance to this room the inside of the door lock fell on the floor again went down to reception and given another room on inspection the shower was defected by a missing drain water cover.

Again I went down to reception but they had no more room available I also asked if the deluxe room was free but they did not have available. As the rooms where defected I asked can I be refunded my money but the reception lady refused to pay back this. No offer was made to rectify the problems with the room.

Also the storage space inside room for clothing is limited and the units are of low quality and looking much worn now.

So I was very lucky when I went next door to the Dynasty Inn where I have stayed there six times before and they had a well maintained room available.

This experience has put me off looking for another hotel specifically if you have to pre pay.

Trip report to follow. :D

Sorry you had such a dreadful experience Steve but thanks for sharing this with the rest of us.. This board is about raising awareness of poor standards as well as good. It is often the case that a BM reports a bad experience and he is jumped on by people who have had better fortune when using that service.

well I am booked in and will arrive tomorrow for my 9th/10th stay

as I said before, I have always had a great time, and I think the rooms are fantastic- though you can always get cheaper elsewhere

what can I say?

Sorry you had such a dreadful experience Steve but thanks for sharing this with the rest of us.. This board is about raising awareness of poor standards as well as good. It is often the case that a BM reports a bad experience and he is jumped on by people who have had better fortune when using that service.

Thank you :clap2

well I am booked in and will arrive tomorrow for my 9th/10th stay

as I said before, I have always had a great time, and I think the rooms are fantastic- though you can always get cheaper elsewhere

what can I say?

I just hope all is well for you, and if not I wish you luck with getting your deposit back.

As I said before, due to the cheep quality of the fitting in the room, they are now looking much worn now.

And the Dynasty next door is mush better then the Whitehouse.

But in a nutshell, there are far better hotels in Patts then these at the price they change.

Since it opned I have stayed at the Dynasty there on soi 13 and that is my hotel of choice when I am Thailand and before that at the Dynasty Resort on the hill, but I have stayed at the white house 2 times in the deluxe suite. I liked the room. It was very nice. The reason I stayed there because I freind of mine stayed there and he told me the suites were nice. so that is why i stayed there. The room was kick ass. No problems with it. The times I have stayed there a bunch of friends stay there also. They also did not have any problems with the rooms. The rooms were great and the house keeping hehehee :nod . BUT!!! Yes there is a but. The reception does need a serious attitude :D adjustment and did not like the food. The Dynasty has a 24 hour kitchen so we would all just go next door. But as far as room no issues there but the last time I stayed there which was my second time, I got into an argument with the receptionist and I had only paid for like 3 days somthing like that so I paid the days I had already been there went up stairs and grab all my shit and went right next door to My real home while in Pattaya The Dynasty Inn. 3 of my other freinds had problems with them also. That was the last time I will stay at the Whitehouse and I had 5 friends that left with me :thumbup . So they felt like asses when they saw all of leave, but hey. We right next door and they took all of us in with open arms. I love the Dynasty Inn. lol

i stayed 1 night in the whitehouse about a year ago, i;d told them i would be there for 3 weeks and had waht they said was the best availalbe room.

view from the balcony was a brick wall next door :nod

the management seemed great on arrival, farang manager welcomed me and said any problems he was there to help .

my 1st night i took 2 ladies back. went upto the room and just after the action had begun the phone rang :thumbup

reception saying "excuse me mr, we see you take 2 ladies to room, we add 1000 baht to you bill, ok ?" ummm, no i say , i see manager in the morning i tell them.

well the morning came and i tottled down , had a word with the boss who now was no longer helpfull, they just pointed at a peice of paper on the front counter which was either covered by a guestbook when i arrived or had been put there just for me. hotel rules he says .. i point out i did not know, and that i was there for 2 week at full price with no dicsount and it would not hurt them to wave the rule.. no way on earth .. he was not moving on there rule.. so i tell them i will bring 2 lady many time, it not right.. make room very expensive. not interested .

si i then say that if they stick to the rule i will check out. this is low season. and that rooms are a plenty without rules like this. still no way ..

i packed my bag, paid the bin, and will never go back

the room itself was nice. had a kitchen area, but no utensils, plates or cuttlery at all so it was useless

the lounge part of the room was compact but tastefully decorated.

and the bathroom was nice as well .

so if you want a room with a kitchen that you cannot use. a balcony that looks at a wall and is dark.

and manangement that deserve a jobsworth award then stay there.

otherwise as i keep saying to anyone who asks me .

residence garden is the best. thye will move heavan and earth to please there. and i would really call that place my 2nd home

Those problems that you mentioned could have all been easily fixed. It would have been easy for management to move the bad frig out of the one room and moved the frig that was located in the room with the broken lock into that room. Then take the drain cover from the room with the broken lock and move it to the room with the missing drain cover. Now they would only have 1 room that was not up to par and that room could be fixed easily the next day by a maintenance person.

Those problems that you mentioned could have all been easily fixed. It would have been easy for management to move the bad frig out of the one room and moved the frig that was located in the room with the broken lock into that room. Then take the drain cover from the room with the broken lock and move it to the room with the missing drain cover. Now they would only have 1 room that was not up to par and that room could be fixed easily the next day by a maintenance person.

At the time I asked to speak to the manager which was a lady but still would not refund my moneys and make any attempt to repair the problems with the rooms.

Steve

You have really got a bug up your ass here

Chill out man

What is your problem? you connected in some way to this hotel?

Is the British owner a golf buddy of yours? :thumbup

Read the reports from others on this treed by members of this boards.

The way this board works is to inform others and learn from others experience.

If this hotel was ok, or very good I would post a good report.

I do not own or have a friend that owns a hotel in Patts, so I have nothing to gain.

I have stayed at the Whitehouse several times over the last 3 years. Generally speaking my experiences have been positive.

I stay in the standard rooms. My visits are usually 3-4 weeks. The costs difference for a deluxe room or suite really adds up. I have friends who have stayed in the suites or deluxe rooms. Seem very nice.

My rooms have always been clean and well maintained. About the only complaint I have is that they seem to have some kind of drainage problem. There can be a bit of a smell from the drains in the shower/bathroom.

They do have a hardwire ethernet Internet connection in the rooms which I prefer over wireless.

Surrounded by tall buildings most rooms do not have a view.

I would guess they try to run a more low key, sedate environment hotel. I do not think they want heavy drinking, loud partying types coming back with 3-4 girls. Something I used to do quite often in my younger days at the Flipper Lodge and/or the Nova Lodge.

No, I have no connection to this hotel and I don't play golf although I will admit that I have seen the owner - oldish guy from England - sitting at the bar sometimes

Anyway, I agree that this forum is here for people to exchange news, views & information -

I stayed at this place soon after it had opened and after 32 years of travelling in LOS - I think I have at least some experience of different hotels. This one is a hotel I will never return to! The room had a lot of errors, one was a flooding toilet that was never fixed though I repeatedly told front desk. Attitude from the staff, their training (non-existant) was however the worst. Customer service was not existing in their mind. And after I met the old english pinhead that owned/ran the hotel, I soon found out it was the same old story again. Expat retired, wants to set up business in PTTY, chooses the hotel world - even though he knows absolutely nothing about it. Ok - some guys with no demands for service may like it, we who wish to visit a HOTEL well serviced and organised - do NOT choose Whitehouse condo. It surprises me that they also do not seem to learn. By now they should have picked it up. But the house is obviously built by a scam artist since it has so many errors and wears down so fast. When I was there they also wanted to add a credit card charge of 4% on top of a already high price. Ridiculous! And when I refused to comply with that demand I was called names behind my back from that f----g english prick "running" the place when walking out the door!

This hotel is one of the worst experiences I have had over all these years - and it is a VERY good advice to any bro to look elsewhere in PTTY! We dont need amateur hotel operators. There are plenty of places to choose that are a LOT better! Cheers!

If a hotel is shit or fails to sort out a simple complaint then that is what this section is for, so that others can read about it, make a judgement call based on the post and the poster and decide whether to use that information should he be considering booking the aforementioned establishment.

For guys to knock people who criticise a place seems foolhardy to me.

Interesting read.

I'm staying at the Whitehouse Condotel right now and loving it!

The staff are pleasant and helpful, the room is spacious and in good condition and I'm in love with the bathroom. View from the balcony is rubbish but I just draw the curtains.

I do agree that the kitchen is a waste of space since there are no utensils, but I wasn't going to use it anyway when there are 3,000 places to get food within 500 metres of the front door.

Great beds too! And since I'm not a greedy bugger I've never run up against the extra charge for more than one guest :D .

Perhaps I've just been lucky so far, but I will definitely be back.

Interesting read.

I'm staying at the Whitehouse Condotel right now and loving it!

The staff are pleasant and helpful, the room is spacious and in good condition and I'm in love with the bathroom. View from the balcony is rubbish but I just draw the curtains.

I do agree that the kitchen is a waste of space since there are no utensils, but I wasn't going to use it anyway when there are 3,000 places to get food within 500 metres of the front door.

Great beds too! And since I'm not a greedy bugger I've never run up against the extra charge for more than one guest :bigsmile: .

Perhaps I've just been lucky so far, but I will definitely be back.

Mmmmm your Flag is set to Thailand? So do you live in the hotel or live in Thailand ? :bigsmile:

Why have a kitchen that you can’t use, and the price in the low season for a Deluxe Room is 1800 Baht and you still have no view from the balcony.

Edited by SteveB