Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Which Cell Phone company are you guys using? I am guessing that an unlocked quad band GSM phone will work with with a SIM card from i Thai phone co? I have used this in Colombia and Dominican republic. I was wondering about th ecost here in thailand?

kdogg your phone should work fine - just check to make sure the charger is 220V, otherwise pick up a little stepdown transformer at the mall for about 300 baht before you plug it in.

You always are within 100 feet of a place that sells SIM cards including 7-Eleven shops and other convenience stores. AIS is the biggest company, DTAC works okay in Pattaya too, I doubt you'd notice the difference.

Orange not so bad also if the official Point moved from Royal Garden Plaza ( 2nd floor ) to Lotus Tesco in north pattaya ( ground floor )

Edited by philippo

There hasn't been Orange for two or three years. The No 3 company is all-Thai and called True Move. As you say, it's "not bad".

kdogg your phone should work fine - just check to make sure the charger is 220V, otherwise pick up a little stepdown transformer at the mall for about 300 baht before you plug it in.

You always are within 100 feet of a place that sells SIM cards including 7-Eleven shops and other convenience stores. AIS is the biggest company, DTAC works okay in Pattaya too, I doubt you'd notice the difference.

Thanks for the info

I checked the phone power supply is 100-240V so I should be ok.

Orange/True has not a good quality in Pattaya, but if you go to Andaman coast south of Ranong down to Phuket it's the best, much better than 1-2call and DTAC.