Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Cooking lessons

Any suggestions on cooking lessons in Pattaya? I took an afternoon lesson at the Pattaya Cookery School last time I was there and was looking for something new. Nothing more than a few hours. (don't want to interfere with the REAL reason I'm there) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Might be nice to find one that I can take a girl with me.

62 days and a wake up!

Edited by Char

The Happy Home Cooking School opened last year but got to say that the "menu" is a bit uninspiring.

Class #1 - Penang CurryWednesday

Class #4 - Red CurryThursday

Class #3 - Green CurryFriday

Class #2 - Yellow CurrySaturday

Class #5 - Thai DessertsSunday

http://www.happyhome-thaicookingschool.com/classes.html

81/65 Nongplue, Banglamung

Pattaya City, Chonburi 20260, Thailand

+66-84-417-5258

Guest Fatboyfat
The Happy Home Cooking School opened last year but got to say that the "menu" is a bit uninspiring.

Class #1 - Penang CurryWednesday

Class #4 - Red CurryThursday

Class #3 - Green CurryFriday

Class #2 - Yellow CurrySaturday

Class #5 - Thai DessertsSunday

http://www.happyhome-thaicookingschool.com/classes.html

81/65 Nongplue, Banglamung

Pattaya City, Chonburi 20260, Thailand

+66-84-417-5258

That looks like the course that an employee of mine said he tried in Pattaya. His thoughts were that money would be better spent on a good decent cookery book, and that his own Red Curry recipe was way better than the one taught.

That looks like the course that an employee of mine said he tried in Pattaya. His thoughts were that money would be better spent on a good decent cookery book, and that his own Red Curry recipe was way better than the one taught.

Yes, I think you'd be better off buying 4 tubs of curry paste at Wing Yip ............ :gulp

• 4 weeks later...
Any suggestions on cooking lessons in Pattaya? I took an afternoon lesson at the Pattaya Cookery School last time I was there and was looking for something new. Nothing more than a few hours. (don't want to interfere with the REAL reason I'm there) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Might be nice to find one that I can take a girl with me.

62 days and a wake up!

mmm .. well , now of all the lessons i'd thought of taking in patts cooking was not one of them ..

but ... mm ... i'll get the mrs to give you a freebie (cooking lesson) after we pick you up from the airport .

the theory being , you get to know her, and she feels guilty about complaining that i'm out every night with you and LTC :bigsmile:

she is a very good thai cook though .. so if you really want lessons i'm sure she ill oblige. save the baht for other activities

In the bookstore (B2S)on 2nd floor (some call it 3rd) royal garden they are now selling a thai cooking dvd.(just beside the newspapers)

Quite pricey at 500baht odds but looked interesting never the less.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I am the co-owner of the Happy Home Thai Cooking School. I am interested in what kind of menu that Cheshire Tom would like to see? For our 1 year anniversary we will be adding a Lanna Thai Course and an Issan course to the menus.

As for whoever said their "friend" went there and was not happy with the red curry, I would like to hear more about this. Our email is no secret so if there is any complaint or problem why don't they contact us directly? This is the only complaint that I have heard about, but it is from a third party so I have to be sceptical. Please have your friend contact me and tell me what the problem was.

Of course, you can buy a pack of curry paste but it does not help you learn how to cook. Eating instant foods does not mean you know how to "cook" them!

Finally, contrary to popular belief not everyone goes to Pattaya to fuck themselves silly although that does have its place :-) Some people do actually go there for other reasons.

Also, please skip all the useless flaming and give it a try. I would love to hear from the experience of a sceptic.

Sincerely,

Harvey