Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Greetings... wow, been a long time since I've been on this board. Heading to LOS today and wondering if a kind soul can guide me to wear there are any gyms in Pattaya that have running treadmills. I'm staying on Soi 13 in the Lek/Dynasty Inn area so if there's one close to there that would be great. I'm not too keen of taking my life in my own hands anymore by running on Beach Rd due to the falling coconuts (?). The last time one just missed me head!

Cheers

Never mind treadmills, does anyone know of any place that offers/sells proper rowing ergometers? These are the rowing machines with the flywheel/bike chain and the moving slide seat. Have not seen even one in any fitness store/gym in Thailand despite looking countless time.

Here's a link with a couple of pics to show what I'm asking for:

Rowing Machine Pix

I always go to the Universe Gym on Sukumvit Road. Its located about 300 yards from the junction with Central Road in the Bangkok direction. There is a good selection of equipment including free weights, treadmills, rowing machines & bikes. Cant remember the charge but I think it was modest. My only criticism was that the air-con was not very effective. You can buy 10 visits or join for a month/year or just pay as you go.

Talking about fitness - Is anyone entering one of the marathon races on July 15th ?. Two year ago I did the half marathon, but now I think I could only manage the quarter marathon - 10.5 kilometres.

Talking about fitness - Is anyone entering one of the marathon races on July 15th ?. Two year ago I did the half marathon, but now I think I could only manage the quarter marathon - 10.5 kilometres.

I admire you for running those sort of distances in that heat. I have done over 50 half marathons in the UK but never done a full marathon. Have applied for the London Marathon on a number of occasions but have never got in. Probably just as well. I had an x-ray recently and the doctor told me I do not have a full marathon in me. :clap2

I am going back to 2001 now. Does anyone know the name of the gym on Beach RD? (If its still there)

Do Life Fitness have punching bags?

In a word, yes.

Never mind treadmills, does anyone know of any place that offers/sells proper rowing ergometers? These are the rowing machines with the flywheel/bike chain and the moving slide seat. Have not seen even one in any fitness store/gym in Thailand despite looking countless time.

Here's a link with a couple of pics to show what I'm asking for:

Rowing Machine Pix

Tony's has rowing machines at all the facilities but "Concept 2" machines only at the Fitness Center and the Gym on third road.

Edited by Ergodyne
I am going back to 2001 now. Does anyone know the name of the gym on Beach RD? (If its still there)

I have never noticed a gym on Beach Road. If one exists I would be very interested to learn more about it. Whereabouts on Beach Road was it located?

Universe Gym (refer post above) used to be on Beach Rd near Soi 9 - but moved a couple of years ago - a shame really - nothing like a workout and then dropping into a few Beach Rd bars on the way home - which really defeated the purpose of the workout I suppose :chogdee

Edited by PlanetWave
Universe Gym (refer post above) used to be on Beach Rd near Soi 9 - but moved a couple of years ago - a shame really - nothing like a workout and then dropping into a few Beach Rd bars on the way home - which really defeated the purpose of the workout I suppose :chogdee

Thats the one! Beach Rd SOI 9. Bloody convenient. Used to stay at BJs guest house. And walk on the "other side of the road" to avoid the early beer bar temptations. Oh those were the days my friends. All in holiday at about USD 50 a day.

i believe you can use gym in metopole hotel for 100 baht. mostly machines.soi diana.

best aircon was at the new gym at royal cruise hotel best equipment pattaya expensive but.

Shauna

The gym you refer to on Beach Road was the Universe but the building was demolished about 2 years ago to make way for the new Mall development. All the equipment was relocated to the gym I refer to in my earlier post on Sukumvit Road and this has the same name - Universe. Its run by a rather friendly Welshman, but when I was there In March there was a notice to the effect that it was for sale. It seems to be patronaged mainly by ex-pats who have the transport to get to the rather difficult location.

Gentlemangeoff:

When I ran the half marathon 2 years ago the heat did not seem to bother me until the hill on the road from Jomtien. It felt rather stange running (or shuffling) along Walking Street being watched by the late night drinkers and ladyboys etc. I've done the London Marathon 5 times - the first in 1984 and my last in 2004, when I decided that would be my last. I do a bit of running when in Pattaya on the paths around Buddha Hill, which is better and quieter than the crowded Beach Road.

Gentlemangeoff:

When I ran the half marathon 2 years ago the heat did not seem to bother me until the hill on the road from Jomtien. It felt rather stange running (or shuffling) along Walking Street being watched by the late night drinkers and ladyboys etc. I've done the London Marathon 5 times - the first in 1984 and my last in 2004, when I decided that would be my last. I do a bit of running when in Pattaya on the paths around Buddha Hill, which is better and quieter than the crowded Beach Road.

I would be happy to meet up with you in Patts at some time for a run.

• 2 weeks later...

I belonged to the Royal Garden/Marriott Spa until their fees went stratospheric. Now in my second year at Tony's Fitness Center on Soi 16. Cost is so low it's ridiculous! I pay only 3999 B for a FULL YEAR! Good equipment, AC, very clean, saunas, steam rooms, swimming pool. And I go every other day. I forgot to mention that towels, soap, and shampoo are furnished. Quite a bargain.

Little Roy :llaugh

• 2 weeks later...
I belonged to the Royal Garden/Marriott Spa until their fees went stratospheric. Now in my second year at Tony's Fitness Center on Soi 16. Cost is so low it's ridiculous! I pay only 3999 B for a FULL YEAR! Good equipment, AC, very clean, saunas, steam rooms, swimming pool. And I go every other day. I forgot to mention that towels, soap, and shampoo are furnished. Quite a bargain.

Little Roy :D

I remember posting a year and a half back, a lifetime special for 10,000 baht and it included all of Tony's facilities...

best aircon was at the new gym at royal cruise hotel best equipment pattaya expensive but.

Expensive is no joke. List price as I recall around 500 baht a day, unless you are a guest at the hotel, then it is 250 baht a day. I would negotiate a weekly rate of 1000 baht, a shit load of money for Thailand standards, but then again I am paying $25/day in Las Vegas, so usually I pay for it at all costs.

Equipment is new and comparable to top tier gyms. Small gym but at that price, no waiting.