Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How to get the FLB rate for LK Group Hotels

The LK Group consists of the following upscale hotels : LK Metropole, LK Renaissance, LK Royal Suites and Mantra Pura.

The LK Group has a special rate for FLB PattayaTalk members. At times, when they are not running a deep discount, it is the best rate available, because FLB gets travel agent rates without taking a cut.

LK Group is concerned that some people are simply claiming to be PattayaTalk members, because they have heard about the discounted rate. Word travels fast, and prior to this, it was only necessary to request the "FLB rate" to get it. They have changed their reservation/booking policy so that it requires an email from an account/userid on this forum to place the reservation.

So, here's how we are going to do it from now on:

If you want to book with the LK Hotels using the FLB rate, send an EMAIL using the CARD button associated with this post to send an email to LKHOTELS. Click on the CARD button, and then click on SEND EMAIL.

Please do not send a message to MM or any other user in this thread.

Give the following information in your email:

Subject : Hotel Name

Body of email:

Booking dates, type of room

Your email address

This email will be received by the LK Reservations people, but it will originate from this internet forum, so they can be assured you have a membership on the forum. Once they have received your email (through this forum), they can reply to you directly via the email address contained in your request.

This post was written by MM on behalf of the LK Group.

Edited by MM
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The procedure above is a bit different from that suggested by LK Group. Their procedure required a customer to send me an email, and then I would forward it to them. Being lazy and having no interest in being in the middle, I opted for the procedure above.

Unfortunately, it won't be until tomorrow (July 4) that I inform them of the change to the suggested procedure.

Martin,

Any chance that you could list the current prices for the different types of rooms including the FLB discount?

Cheers,

Knorty.

Martin,

Any chance that you could list the current prices for the different types of rooms including the FLB discount?

Cheers,

Knorty.

I have a multi-page document/contract that they sent me. If I can figure out the way to post it with the least work possible, I will. Until then, just check the rack rate against the FLB rate and see which is better.

:thumbup

do not see a contact button or is it just me

Oops. The button says CARD. My mistake.

See the arrow in the attached picture:contact_button.jpg

Martin,

Cheers,

Knorty.

I didn't get prices for the LK Renaissance, but these are the prices for the other 3 hotels. The FLB rate is the column labeled "Corporate".

lk1.jpg

lk2.jpg

Has anybody had any success using this new method of contact?

I emailed them using the above procedure on Monday but haven't had any reply. :banghead

• 2 weeks later...
The LK Group consists of the following upscale hotels : LK Metropole, LK Renaissance, LK Royal Suites and Mantra Pura.

The LK Group has a special rate for FLB PattayaTalk members. At times, when they are not running a deep discount, it is the best rate available, because FLB gets travel agent rates without taking a cut.

LK Group is concerned that some people are simply claiming to be PattayaTalk members, because they have heard about the discounted rate. Word travels fast, and prior to this, it was only necessary to request the "FLB rate" to get it. They have changed their reservation/booking policy so that it requires an email from an account/userid on this forum to place the reservation.

So, here's how we are going to do it from now on:

If you want to book with the LK Hotels using the FLB rate, send an EMAIL using the CARD button associated with this post to send an email to LKHOTELS. Click on the CARD button, and then click on SEND EMAIL.

Please do not send a message to MM or any other user in this thread.

What about the new LK hotel Four season place? Do FLB PattayaTalk members get anny special rate at this place?

Egget

Give the following information in your email:

Subject : Hotel Name

Body of email:

Booking dates, type of room

Your email address

This email will be received by the LK Reservations people, but it will originate from this internet forum, so they can be assured you have a membership on the forum. Once they have received your email (through this forum), they can reply to you directly via the email address contained in your request.

This post was written by MM on behalf of the LK Group.

What about the new LK hotel Four season place? Do FLB PattayaTalk members get anny special rate at this place?

Sorry, never heard of the place. That might be because I'm not privy to all the developments of the LK Group. Where is it?

http://www.fourseasonsplace.com/

Looks pretty good.

From looking at the website, what makes you think it's an LK Group development?

I checked with some staff and they say it isn't an LK Group property, so it looks like you're on your own there.

Has anybody had any success using this new method of contact?

I emailed them using the above procedure on Monday but haven't had any reply. :D

Did you ever get a reply from them? I've gone over the new system with them, so they should be on top of it now.

BTW, I found the wine! Thanks!

Hope this is okay to post MM, however I think you posted previously that in low season the rate direct may be cheaper than FLB rate (35%) and therefore I just received the following quote.....

Dear Sir

Thank you for your kindly to Lk Metropole. We are gald to inform you that right now we have Discount 40% from daily rate

-standard room which rate THB 1,500 per night

-studio room THB 1,800 per night

-superior room THB 1,920 per night

-One Bed room Suite THB 2,700 per night

THe price are not included Breakfast would you like to book please let me know

Best regards,

Nout.

Did you ever get a reply from them? I've gone over the new system with them, so they should be on top of it now.

Martin.

No, I never got any reply using this method. I tried twice and waited a week each time. I eventually contacted them just using their normal email address and was booked within 2 days.

Roll on 21st October. :bigsmile: :banghead :banghead

Martin.

No, I never got any reply using this method. I tried twice and waited a week each time. I eventually contacted them just using their normal email address and was booked within 2 days.

Roll on 21st October. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Sorry to hear that. They asked me for a way to verify that requests were from FLB site members. I provided a very good way to do it, they completely ignored the procedure. :bigsmile:

I'll follow up on it this week and see what's up with them. See you in Oct!

I've notified the LK Group that emails to them are going unanswered. Unfortunately, the person who can resolve the issue is off today.

I'll follow up on the problem.

I've notified the LK Group that emails to them are going unanswered. Unfortunately, the person who can resolve the issue is off today.

I'll follow up on the problem.

Just thought that I would post about the email that I sent about four days ago that has not been answered. It is for the September timeframa. MM, thanks for checking up on this.

Have a Great Day,

Evades

Right now, because they are suffering from low occupancy, the special rates they are offering are better than the FLB rate. Go with the low season we-can't-fill-our-rooms rate for now.

Hope this is okay to post MM, however I think you posted previously that in low season the rate direct may be cheaper than FLB rate (35%) and therefore I just received the following quote.....

Dear Sir

Thank you for your kindly to Lk Metropole. We are gald to inform you that right now we have Discount 40% from daily rate

-standard room which rate THB 1,500 per night

-studio room THB 1,800 per night

-superior room THB 1,920 per night

-One Bed room Suite THB 2,700 per night

THe price are not included Breakfast would you like to book please let me know

Best regards,

Nout.

Just thought that I would post about the email that I sent about four days ago that has not been answered. It is for the September timeframa. MM, thanks for checking up on this.

Have a Great Day,

Evades

I'm getting quite frustrated with this situation. It appears they gave me they wrong email forwarding address...or the staff is reading the wrong email address and management didn't tell them they had changed. The marketing manager has been absent for 2 days. I've spoken with the lowly reservation clerk, not the big boss, and she confirmed she can't open the email account the big boss gave me. WTF?

The saga continues. As posted here, however, the low season rate is better than the FLB corporate rate now anyway, so you can contact them directly at lk_rsvn@yahoo.com for that rate.

I sent a Card msg to them the day before and also have not heard back from them. An odd thing is that... Im tyring to stay at the LK Renessance, and i sent a email to a fo_renaissance@lkpattaya.com and asked how much the 1 Bed room suite was ..Checking in Oct 4th and checking out Oct 18th and was told I can get the room for 4500 - 20% for a total of 3600 THB. Now, if i go to their website lkpattaya.com and click on the Quick Reservation button, and put in the LK renessance, and the dates from above, It shows i can get the room for 2700 THB.. thats 4500 - 40%.. and it says that... Sent an email back to FO asking why i was being quoted More than what they have on the website.. and also have not heard back.

Duno what to do.

Lou

EDIT: Just read the email above... Emailed the lk_rsvn@yahoo.com and told them my request. Will update when i get a responce.

Edited by pdxlou

So, yesterday after sitting around and work and tired of waiting for the reply, I went ahead and booker the Superior room at LKR for 1800 per their website. When i was finished, it said to print the confirmation number, So i click on the Print link on the page. I get a pop up block and i tell my PC that its ok for this site.. So the page is refreshed... I notice something different. The confirmation number has changed.. I'm like WTF. I Hit the print button and a box pops up with a print friendly version of things. I print and close that window. I check my email real quick and see that i have 2 emails from LKR . One email with one confirmation number and, the other email had ANOTHER confirmation number. So now I'm freaked out, cause they are going to charge me for 2 rooms now unless this is fixed.. So i send a quick email to info@lkpattaya.com and tell them what happened and to cancel one of the reservations.. and to confirm everything.

I go back to the LKR page I was a when i booked the reservation, I notice a Modify/Cancel link in the top right. I click it, and enter in one of the confirmation numbers and my last name.. yea, reservation is made.. So I close that window, and do the modify/cancel link again, and give that confirmation number and last name.. yes... another reservation. So i hit the cancel reservation button and there is a comment field and i say that i want this reservation canceled due to double booking made by the website.

I go back and shoot info@lkpattaya.com another email telling them that i canceled one of the reservations and to PLEASE confirm that i have a booked room for the confirmation number i kept and to please confirm everything.. I give my cell phone number as well so if they need to call, they can.

I have not heard back from the info email address.

I have heard back from Fo.. but not really a reply, as he never addressed WHY i was quoted more over email than what they were charging on the website. All he did was reply back with "You already book on website" Fo.

So who knows whats going to happen lol

Lou

I would like to note that i have not received any reply from the lk_rsvn@yahoo.com address.

Tong has replyed back with confirmation of my reservation. So i guess im set. I cant say that there is any One best way to contact LKR by email to get prices. Good luck =)

Lou

Edited by pdxlou