Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi

I have visited pattaya on many occaisions and always like every one been amazed at the changes.

Having done most of the family shows,one trip a year yes I take family before having my holiday,so I am always looking for live shows on this trip.

Last year I took the mob to a fast change act in the Garden Plaza, what a rip off show lasted 15mins

Has any one been to the ALANGKARN Cultural show? is it value for money?, only seen details on the web which appears exspensive.

Have in the past visited one on city road good value I thought,spoilt by not enough inthe audience

BOB 99

I took 3 girls out there a couple years ago. Car picked us up from Hotel and drove us out there. Worked ok, but we got there very early, only thing to do was spemd a bit of cash on some small time carney type games, ok but not that great. Dinner was a large buffet meal , again ok, but not as good as many place in Pat's to eat. Show was very nice and wrth going to see,, at least once. Same type show is done in Puket.

If we could have gotten there when the meal was to be served and then the show right away wold have been good, but the waits between getting there , the food, the show made for a long evening..

All said was still happy I went, and the girls seemed to like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I have been I think it's a traditional Thai story and for a Farang it's difficult to follow,I was with a Thai girlfriend and she couldn't seem to explain what was going on.It didn't last that long maybe an hour and fifteen minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last month and not too impressed. They oversold the show (it was mobbed by tour buses of Chinese), and I was sold a VIP ticket for a seat which didn't exist. My wife and I didn't even end up sitting next to each other. No photos are allowed, the ushers will flash a red laser light in your face and admonish you. Found out if you buy a ticket on-line you can get it for half as much as they charge at the theatre. There is not enough time to eat for everyone so people will be running around making you get up and sit back down for the first 20 minutes of the show which is very distracting.

Off season may be better, it was late April I was surprised to see a full house. Basically it was similar to the show you'd see at Nong Nooch which costs a lot less.

Edited by spgfcs