go figure the room rates

last time i stayed 2 weeks an it cost me 12500

this time booked for 1 month at a cost of

have 2 pay water and lecky

but its not a lot

chek it out

steve

Yes looks like good value for me too.

What about noise from the soi and other rooms?

What nationalities are users?

hi goldwing

tycoon place is about 40metres

up a small soi off pattaya tai

approx 20 metres south from the intersection

at 3rd road

the soi has very little passing traffic

after midnight soi is usualy noiseless

hotel rooms are facing north and south

with balconys

hotel is vey quiet at night

mostly english clientel

few yanks

nice size pool that is not used a lot

altogether a good choice for short or long stay

email them at

nugget_mayom@hotmail.co.uk

steve

this time booked for 1 month at a cost of

have 2 pay water and lecky

but its not a lot

chek it out

steve

What about housekeeping? Many places that have monthly rates do not provide this service or cut it back to once a week.

What about housekeeping? Many places that have monthly rates do not provide this service or cut it back to once a week.

Been staying here every trip for the last 3 years now.

Room cleaning and bed made everyday!

Linen and towels changed twice a week!

Free Internet for your laptop in rooms via cable, you can by at Tuk.com down the road for 50 baht!

No inroom safe, only at reception!

Room furniture simple but sturdy and has lots of drawers to put your things!

Special table with chair for your computer!

Nice balcony but without chairs or tables!

Food can be ordered to the rooms via inroom phone in daytime!

Lighting in room at night very poor, not enough for reading!

Getting to show some worn edges, some rooms has matresses that hits the bottom if you sit on them, be sure to check room before check in!

Many expat longtimers live here, most are ok, but some can be very loud speaking and some have their doors open so that wind can blow thru so that they don't need to open aircon, and that way trying to save on the electric bill!

Ladyboys are frawned upon and not generally allowed in rooms!

No joiner fee for girls though, id registered and kept at reception!

Friendly staff, especially the maids like to frolic and chat with the guests, so that they sometimes haven't cleaned your rooms until evening!

Last trip there was no night-guard only girl in reception at night, used to be one but he drank too much and got fired, the moto-taxi guys outside keeps an open eye on things as well!

No baht-buses pass by in the night, brisk walk from Walking Street about 15-20 minutes only, taxis charge from 100 baht and up!

Only a couple of hundreds meters from Friendship Supermarket, and "Talaat Nut"-Market on soi Bua Khao, and near to everyday fresh-market as well!

Place can be recommended!

Plahgat

Here's a slide-show I made:

Click on picture to start!

th_1TycoonPlace1-1.jpg

Edited by plahgat
Linen and towels changed twice a week!

No baht-buses pass by in the night, brisk walk from Walking Street about 15-20 minutes only, taxis charge from 100 baht and up!

Towels not a problem if you have TGF, if your butterflying then one may want to purchase a few extra as many BGs aren't too keen on using a towel already used.

Baht buses travel Pattaya Tai, so for 10 baht you could get from the 2nd RD intersection to the Soi Buakaow intersection. Then for another 10 baht jump on a baht bus heading up Soi Buakaow.

Towels not a problem if you have TGF, if your butterflying then one may want to purchase a few extra as many BGs aren't too keen on using a towel already used.

True... I always have an extra one just in case! :rolleyes:

Baht buses travel Pattaya Tai, so for 10 baht you could get from the 2nd RD intersection to the Soi Buakaow intersection. Then for another 10 baht jump on a baht bus heading up Soi Buakaow.

Have only seen bahtbuses go along Pattaya Tai pass by soi 9 and further up to third road in the daytime!

As you say one can take the bahtbus from Second Road Crossing (start from opposite the school) up to Soi Bua Khao Entrance at any time and then walk across to Friendship Supermarket and walk home to Tycoon Place for the last few hundred meters, but buses wait for customers until they are full, so I think it is more convenient and fast to take a taxi from in front of Soi Diamond straight to the entrance of the hotel when I have a girl with me home for a shorttime although it costs me 100 baht!

If I'm alone I walk home anytime, unfortunately most bargirls are too lazy to walk! :unsure:

Plahgat

unfortunately most bargirls are too lazy to walk! :rolleyes:

Plahgat

Many won't walk in the daytime because they don't want their skin to get dark, also when you BF many BGs are not wearing shoes that are confortable for walking.

Many won't walk in the daytime because they don't want their skin to get dark, also when you BF many BGs are not wearing shoes that are confortable for walking.

So true again! :cry2

Only I barfine at night only and usually check their shoes and only asks girls with low heels if they wanna walk back!

Even so most declines and want to go by taxi! :cry2

In my case I think it's because my girls are all working GoGos and I only take them shorttime, they probably want to go back quickly to the bar for another barfine and don't wanna waste time walking! :cry2

Plahgat

hi guys

thanxs for the updates

my buddy stayed for a month early in year

had room cleaned every 2 or 3 days

but tipped cleaning girl a few hundred

for daily service

clean sheets and towels mean

56 days to go

wonder who owns that big bungalow

in front of tycoon

looks like it cost a pretty penny

think there were some appartments opposite tycoon that

looked ok

steve

My mate just emailed me to book a room for him in tycoon. Apparently they never answer emails at all and its difficult to get booked up (hence getting me to go in direct).

He has stayed there several times before and swears by it. He normally tries to get the corner room as its more spacious with the extra window. Make no mistake tho the standard rooms are tiny. I would hate to do a few months stay in that size.

1 good point is that they have introduced a secure keycard system to access the lift/all floors. So i guess this will keep undesirables from wandering in unchallenged.

The soi itself is a bit hit and miss and looks like an alcoholics dream in the small thai shop across the road.(drunks 24/7...staring into their large Leo).

The swimming pool is very small and being circular, its impossible to do any sort of swimming exercise.

Having said that,location is reasonable and it is cheap....ish.

An alternative could be the new tony's fitness joint (across from his old tennis joint). he has brand new rooms,nice furniture etc facing inwards (no noise) and youo get free tony membership during your stay. I believe they start at 9000baht+elec. (if 2person stayed and used gym everyday it would save you (220bt x 2per) x 31 days = 13,640baht).

Just a thought!

My mate just emailed me to book a room for him in tycoon. Apparently they never answer emails at all and its difficult to get booked up (hence getting me to go in direct).

Use this email adr..... realy fast respons

nugget_mayom@hotmail.co.uk

Just a suggestion,why not book 1 month initially as web-sites and pictures only don't show you the "finer" points! :banghead

Maby its sound stupid, ( but if I like the place and they have no room free whit next mont, then I have a problems) ... but there are no pay before I stay on the place, and there are only montly rent, so no problems to leave again if u don`t like u room after 1 monts.

[quote name=pattayaman' date='Aug 29 2008, 03:31 PM' post='58427

wonder who owns that big bungalow

in front of tycoon

looks like it cost a pretty penny

think there were some appartments opposite tycoon that

looked ok

steve

That's the private home of the owners of Tycoon Place, they also have a goldshop down near the freshmarket! :bigsmile:

Diamond City is just opposite nearer Third Road, they will have rooms with small kitchens.

Actually Tycoon Place also has suites on 5 floor, but I've never seen them.

You also have the Selina Place across the soi Webpage.

Plahgat

Hi All, I looked at the Tycoon this year while I was on holiday and found the noise of some disco or other was so loud that even in the rooms at the back of the hotel I thought that the music was to loud even with the door closed . I also think that the small room shown to me was way to small for any length of stay more than a week, the pool is also very small and of no real use to anyone who actually wants to swim .

Looks comparable to the Pattaya Bay Resort which is probably is a slightly better location.

One question though - does the Tycoon supply a small electric jug in room for a coffee in the morning and perhaps a cup of noodles for a late night snack ? Pattaya Bay doesn't which is a shame as when I stayed a few weeks ago I thought it was good value.

Looks comparable to the Pattaya Bay Resort which is probably is a slightly better location.

One question though - does the Tycoon supply a small electric jug in room for a coffee in the morning and perhaps a cup of noodles for a late night snack ? Pattaya Bay doesn't which is a shame as when I stayed a few weeks ago I thought it was good value.

Those small kettles go from 200baht in Big C. Buy one and give it to your last nights tilac when you go home.