Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BA no longer Interline.

Not sure about the other European carriers but BA have stopped "with immediate effect" transfering any bags onto domestic flights within Thailand, what this means is that if you are going to say Phuket or Samui and are flying from U.K. or Oz with BA you will have to go through immigration, pick up your bags then go upstairs and check in for your onward flight, no reason for the change seems to have been given.

Do you have a link to the article? BA's site still shows both Thai and Bangkok Airways as having interline agreements with BA. <huh

BA Interline Agreements

Agreed Tom.I believe IATA may have a say in their reluctance to perform this menial task.

Unless BA is trying to save a few quid here and there.

Agreed Tom.I believe IATA may have a say in their reluctance to perform this menial task.

As my original post says this only applies to Domestic transfers, and I think IATA have bigger problems on their minds such as the state of the Industry.International transfers are not affected.

Also can you please pinpoint the saving? BA still have to load the bag in London and pay to have it unloaded in Bangkok.

As my original post says this only applies to Domestic transfers, and I think IATA have bigger problems on their minds such as the state of the Industry.International transfers are not affected.

Also can you please pinpoint the saving? BA still have to load the bag in London and pay to have it unloaded in Bangkok.

Hilarious.Online means BA to BA.Offline means BA to other carriers.Let IATA worry about what concerns them And yes,it does cost more to transfer a bag to another carrier instead of dropping it off at the local/domestic carousel.