Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

About to Buy a Condo

Just an update on the Condo situation.

It appears that Soi 15 developments are progressing well with Pride Condo's almost complete

Pride.jpg

City Garden is also looking good

City_Garden_1.jpg

City_Garden_2.jpg

City_Garden_3.jpg

And finally, my condo at the Urban is on target for completion in June as promised

Urban_1.jpg

Urban_2.jpg

Urban_3.jpg

Here is a link to show what it will look like when its finished (click on "Gallery" and mine is the 2-story model shown in the last pic):

http://www.theurbanpattaya.com/index2.html

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, I was thinking of buying a condo but my TGF atm if we decide to get hitched wants to build a house.

Rick, I trust you read the earlier posts in this thread about why I decided not to buy a House. Even though you get much greater value from a house, I'm obviously much more comfortable having the Condo fully in my name.

Edited by aussiexpat
...Here is a link to show what it will look like when its finished (click on "Gallery" and mine is the 2-story model shown in the last pic):

http://www.theurbanpattaya.com/index2.html

Hi aussiexpat,

I looked at the picture and then I hope for you

that you will not have direct sun in your big windows...

and that there is not an other apartment with direct view in yours...

Idefix

I looked at the picture and then I hope for you that you will not have direct sun in your big windows...

and that there is not an other apartment with direct view in yours...

umm, not sure which way the sun goes in Patts (my apartment windows are running parallel to 2nd road towards walking street) however there are things called curtains mate :clap1

The good part is that my apartment directly overlooks the 2 pools so curtains might not be drawn too much anyhow :rolleyes:

Edited by aussiexpat
Nice, I was thinking of buying a condo but my TGF atm if we decide to get hitched wants to build a house.
Well of course, you can put a condo in your own name...a house is not so straightforward. :rolleyes:
Well of course, you can put a condo in your own name...a house is not so straightforward. :banghead

Well at least it gives me something to think about, maybe I'll buy both a condo and a house. :allright

just checking the SCB website shows the bank buying rate for USD is 34,49 for T/T, i am going to assume that would be the bank transfer rate?

this seems to be inline with XE.com, and this usually wasnt the case, when i saw it i thought that the BOT stopped the dual exchange rates, anybody know whats really going on?

This is the exchange rate from the Bangkok Post today. You should get the buy rate on a bank transfer.

Buy Sell

USD 35.56 36.24

GBP 49.20 51.09

EUR 45.78 47.01

JPY 35.81 36.89

HKD 4.52 4.71

13-03-09

I hope NOBODY is paying for "the view" because it doesn't exist in any of the pics above.

But my condo has a view of 2 swimming pools directly below :banghead

I think Soi 15 is more about the location than the view. Right behind 3rd avenue shopping centre, a couple of minutes walk to 2nd road baht bus and of course the very cheap Bodega and Wonderful Bars :eyecrazy

Well of course, you can put a condo in your own name...a house is not so straightforward. :bigsmile:

It is my understanding that not all condo projects can be legally owned by foreigners. There must be at least 50% owned by Thai's to qualify for foreign ownership.

But my condo has a view of 2 swimming pools directly below :D

I think Soi 15 is more about the location than the view. Right behind 3rd avenue shopping centre, a couple of minutes walk to 2nd road baht bus and of course the very cheap Bodega and Wonderful Bars :finger

Some of those buildings are so close you don't even need a telescope to spy on your 'nekkid neighbors. :D :bj2 :bj1 :bigsmile: <huh

Edited by LTGTR
It is my understanding that not all condo projects can be legally owned by foreigners. There must be at least 50% owned by Thai's to qualify for foreign ownership.

Just to clarify, any condo building can only have a maximum of 49% owned by falangs, with remaining 51% to be owned by Thais, or Falangs through Thai companies.

Hey Aussie,

Are you still going with the duplex? Please show it off once you get in there. :bigsmile:

Ummm, of course I'm still going with the duplex :bigsmile:

Personally, I couldn't move to Los for a studio or 1-br apartment, as I wanted a spare bedroom for friends or family to stay when they come visit us in paradise....probably would have been cheaper to just put them in a hotel though :bigsmile:

Edited by aussiexpat
Because you can't legally own a house in your own name. As I said earlier, I know you can buy a house in a company name however I wasn't comfortable with shelling out $6mil Bt and not actually owning the place.

btw, I do plan to buy a house when I finally settle in Los, as I'm told mama, papa and little Sis will need to move in, however that will be in my wife's name (with 30-year lease to me). Also, as any property owned by you before marriage stays yours, it is nice to know that the Condo will always be mine if she ever kicks me out, or if I need a short break from my new family :D

Although you can get away with buying a house or more accurately the land in a company name, it is still actually illegal but.................UP TO YOU :D

• 1 month later...
btw, I do plan to buy a house when I finally settle in Los, as I'm told mama, papa and little Sis will need to move in, however that will be in my wife's name (with 30-year lease to me).

So, you're going to buy a house (and therefore the land it sits on) for your Wife and then get her to lease it to you for 30 years?

Good idea :banghead

Edit: :clueless

Edited by papillon

That old black thai magic has me you its spell, that old thai magic that she weaves so well.

Those icy fingers up and down your spine

That same old witchcraft when her eyes meet thine.

The same old tingle that you feel inside, and then that elevator starts its ride

And down and down you go, round and round you go, like a leaf that's caught in the tide.

You should stay away, but what can you do?

You hear your name and you're aflame

Aflame with such a burning desire that only her kiss can put out the fire.

For she's the lover you have waited for, the mate that fate had her created for.

And every time her lips meet thine, darling, down and down you go, round and round you go

In a spin, loving the spin you're in, under that old thai magic called love.

• 3 weeks later...
So, you're going to buy a house (and therefore the land it sits on) for your Wife and then get her to lease it to you for 30 years?

Good idea :clap1

Edit: :bow

And let the wife dictate who lives there!

I think the whole project starts out with Thai ownership, or at least ownership by a Thai corporation. They keep track of the sales at the land office so as to not exceed 49% foreign ownership.

J

Fellows BMs correct me if I am wrong, but I thoguht as a farang you could buy a house, but the actual land must be owned by a Thai ie: two separate titles - one for the house and one for the land.

This is not including the corporations side of things just as individuals.

Edited by Kev
umm, not sure which way the sun goes in Patts (my apartment windows are running parallel to 2nd road towards walking street) however there are things called curtains mate <grin

The good part is that my apartment directly overlooks the 2 pools so curtains might not be drawn too much anyhow :thumbup

If the windows are facing 2nd road I think the afternoon/evening sun will be directly in your apartment. (if your on Pattaya beach the sun is directly in your face in the evening) From that point of view i think its best to have an apartment that faces towards Nakula or Jontiem.

If the windows are facing 2nd road I think the afternoon/evening sun will be directly in your apartment. (if your on Pattaya beach the sun is directly in your face in the evening) From that point of view i think its best to have an apartment that faces towards Nakula or Jontiem.

Thanks for the info. I had said my windows run parallel to 2nd road (therefore towards Jomtien), not facing 2nd road so it should be fine

Edited by aussiexpat
Thanks for the info. I had said my windows run parallel to 2nd road (therefore towards Jomtien), not facing 2nd road so it should be fine

The windows would have to run perpendicular to 2nd road not to be facing 2nd road, unless you mean the windows face East ?