Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all,

I plan on making a trip out to Patts at the end of November for about 8 days and need some hotel advice. I've stayed on Soi 2 in the past (Sabaii) and figured that since I am only going to be there for 1 week, the heart of the action is the best place to be. My hope is to find something for about 1200 bt that has a room safe.

With that criteria in mind, I've seen the Eastiny 7 (Superior Rooms) have room safes, but some of the reviews of the place have been mixed at best (on this site and others). Therefore, I'm open to suggestion with the above criteria in mind.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Thanks for the suggestion, but I email the Flipper Lodge and they don't have in room safe, just safe deposit boxes in the lobby.

Same here looked good after the renovation but they said no in room safe which is a must for me.

What do you carry that needs an in-room safe? Lobby units are not too inconvenient to keep wallet, credit cards, travellers checks, extra cash, and such. If you worry too much that girls are going to rip you off, stay home.

Flipper house on Soi 7 has contruction on new wing next door. Pouring 4th floor this week. It won't be too long before all rooms in old section city side will be covered.

You are much safer and better off having a reception/lobby safe, in somewhere like the Flipper Lodge or Flipper House then an in room safe at a less well known hotel, whereby staff come and go, and the cleaners have free access to have a "pop" at your room safe if they desire.

Most of the reception at the FL have been there 10 years plus and main receptionist since it opened in 1989.

Edited by Chivas
I checked and it appears as if the Eastiny Plaza on Soi 8 doesn't have room safes

Are you sure?

Hotel Room facilities

* Air – Conditioning with individual control

* Hot and Cold water

* Bathroom amenities

* Mini-Bar & refrigeration

* Cable TV.

* Internet

* Key Tag

* Private balcony

-> * Safe in Room

source: http://www.eastinypattaya.com/eastinyplaza...m_standard.html

Stayed at the Flipper lodge my first few trips but they upped the prices.

Stayed Eastiny on soi 8 as well. Past 2 visits I have stayed at Eastiny 7 and have booked to stay again in Nov.

Superior rooms are 1280 bt including the breakfast you cant get out of. I didnt make it down once last trip.

Never had a problem there. Would suggest getting a room on the north side if you dont like the noise from soi 7.

Oh and a standard loom at the Eastiny plaza on soi 8 in nov seems to bee 1600 bt !!

http://www.eastinypattaya.com/eastinyplaza/index.html

Edited by ozijeff
Hi all,

I plan on making a trip out to Patts at the end of November for about 8 days and need some hotel advice. I've stayed on Soi 2 in the past (Sabaii) and figured that since I am only going to be there for 1 week, the heart of the action is the best place to be. My hope is to find something for about 1200 bt that has a room safe.

With that criteria in mind, I've seen the Eastiny 7 (Superior Rooms) have room safes, but some of the reviews of the place have been mixed at best (on this site and others). Therefore, I'm open to suggestion with the above criteria in mind.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Try the kleinvaalderen hotel on second road opposite soi7 its belgian owned in the heart of the action clean quiete the food is superb the rooms have a safe and the best bit of all its only 500 bht per night

Try the kleinvaalderen hotel on second road opposite soi7 its belgian owned in the heart of the action clean quiete the food is superb the rooms have a safe and the best bit of all its only 500 bht per night

I beg your pardon its kleinvlaanderen google it and you can book on line but you better be quick its very popular

Myself and 3 friends have just spent the last 4 weeks in the Eastiny 7 and payed 900 baht per night for superior rooms, superior rooms do have an in room safe and we found the hotel to be very good, staff are very friendly and the location is great. Would stay there again.

here's a little unkown/known place that do offer safe deposti boxes in the rooms. rooms are pretty decent as well. they don't have a website...i don't think but its worth a look when you get there. check out samsara/dennis the mennis bar. the rooms in the back are quiter than the front for obvious reasons but they are nice. the owner is a really good guy. jsut tell them ricky sent you. :D

The Areca Lodge Hotel Soi Diana. Rooms from Bt1100 No joiner fee for the first lady Bt300 for the second. Two great pools, clean rooms with key code safety deposit box.

Have a good en!

thanks everyone for the great input. I have booked at the hotel through their website. The current rate for a superior room appears to be 1290 BHT.

Did you do it through email Calii or was it done on the Eastiny websites homepage?

I actually had a bit of a problem when I tried to do an online booking. Specifically, I received an error message something to the effect that they didn't recognize my email address. Therefore, I just sent an email to their general reservation email address and heard back from someone at the Soi 7 property. After giving them the particulars, they sent a confirmation email back.

Hope this helps

I actually had a bit of a problem when I tried to do an online booking. Specifically, I received an error message something to the effect that they didn't recognize my email address. Therefore, I just sent an email to their general reservation email address and heard back from someone at the Soi 7 property. After giving them the particulars, they sent a confirmation email back.

Hope this helps

Yeah thats how i booked and paid on arrival, definately 900 a night, still have my confirmation email, dont know if it was cheaper because the length of time i stayed.