Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I'm rocking into Patts next week and I've booked to stay at the Pattaya Bay Resort.

I've read some of the threads and there are some reports of building and construction noise going on. Is it enough to worry about?

I know theres plenty of other places to stay, but I wouldn't want to mess the hotel about and I like to "settle" in for the duration.

Thanks boardies.

I'm rocking into Patts next week and I've booked to stay at the Pattaya Bay Resort.

I've read some of the threads and there are some reports of building and construction noise going on. Is it enough to worry about?

I know theres plenty of other places to stay, but I wouldn't want to mess the hotel about and I like to "settle" in for the duration.

Thanks boardies.

I was there last month, there is a lot of constuction going on around the area but noise from that was not a problem at all, however if you can get the top floor it is better as you can hear some noise from above in that the floors are all tiled and you can here things being moved and walking sometimes, but still a very good hotel

Was there early Sept. for 10 days.

I was upgraded free of charge to a one bed room from a deluxe so I got a really good deal.

I was on the third floor, rm 310 i believe but i don't remember exactly.

Noise from construction wasn't a problem.

When in the living room, noise from the click-click from heels walking outside or the cleaners talking was more evident.

When in the bedroom, hardly heard anything except a loud motorcycle or scooter every once in a while.

Don't matter what hotel you're in, you would've heard that any way.

no construction noise last month during my trip, however the walls are paper thin and can hear the next room easily, great hotel though, have stayed there 2 times

Yes, the walls are paper thin (you can hear every word spoken in the adjacent room) and noise reverberates along the corridors. If you can put up with that, it's a great place. Personally, I will not be returning.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from a trip, thought this was a great little hotel.

Yes the walls are a bit thin but it wasn't really an issue for me but I hope I didn't keep the neighbours up too much!

Highly recommended.

Thanks for your contributions

• 3 months later...
Has anyone stayed here since high season started? Is the construction noise around there and the backside of the Areca any better?

I was there for all of November, my room faced Soi Bukhaow, I didn't notice any noise.

I was there for 3 weeks in Jan outside noise is not a problem

Same same me, I was there for a few days in late Jan, no construction noise to worry about.

The only downfall to the hotel I could find was that the hallways are tiled, meaning you hear every pissed punter coming back to their room and slamming doors at all hours as the hallways echo, mind you I have no doubt the pissed punter was me many nights also and people would have been cursing me. The cleaning ladies start at about 8.00am and once again the hallways echo all their movements.

onelilley.

• 2 months later...

Can somebody tell me if there is a black curtain at the door of the private balcony of the standard room because I understood that there is the curtain at the window but I don't know if the same is for the balcony and I'm a little concerned before booking, as I usually sleep till late in the afternoon and the sunlight could be a big problem. Many thanks in advance.

When I stayed there noise was not a problem.

have booked again for 7 nights in 9 weeks.

I like the fact that you have a private balcony and a safe. :banghead

Edited by Raistx

i am about to book my holiday to pattaya for early july, i was looking at either the aisawan or amari garden and tower resort. does any1 know if they are BG friendly and also i am british asian (parents bangladeshi), does any1 know if they will have any problems with that, as i know some hotels don't like anyone that looks indian

Can somebody tell me if there is a black curtain at the door of the private balcony of the standard room because I understood that there is the curtain at the window but I don't know if the same is for the balcony and I'm a little concerned before booking, as I usually sleep till late in the afternoon and the sunlight could be a big problem. Many thanks in advance.

There isn't a window, just the double glass doors to the balcony, there's a good blackout curtain on them.