Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Need 1000 baht hotel recommendation please

Hey there,

Planning another trip to Patts in March 2009. I've been a few times and have really enjoyed Eastiny Inn on Soi 8 in the past - it is clean, cheap ($850 baht) and has a nice little pool. Unfortunately it was also extremely noisy being right in the heart of the action on Soi 8.

Can anyone recommend something similar but in a slightly quieter area of town? Something close enough to stumble home to but so close to a bar complex that I'll hear thumping all night long. I also would like to stay in the 1000 baht range too.

Thanks for your suggestions! :bigsmile:

Why not try Opey de Place. It's next door to JP Court but away from the construction - should be able to get a room for less than a 1000.

Pattaya Bay Resort behind Avenue Mall on 2nd road.Clean;friendly staff,excellent free breakfast-both English and Thai choices,rooftop pool and restaurant to enjoy bkfst,WiFi plus 2 computers in lobby for guest use.Tuk-tuk available.Newspapers in lobby and 2nd floor reading room and small gym.

Pattaya Bay Resort behind Avenue Mall on 2nd road.Clean;friendly staff,excellent free breakfast-both English and Thai choices,rooftop pool and restaurant to enjoy bkfst,WiFi plus 2 computers in lobby for guest use.Tuk-tuk available.Newspapers in lobby and 2nd floor reading room and small gym.

I normally stay at Opey but last trip stayed at PBR instead. What LTGTR says is true but you can hear what goes on in the standard rooms next door unless you have VERY quiet neighbours. Also, March still high season so the room is 1399 thb.

Have you checked out the Baron's. Thats the recently remodeled hotel thats located between Sois 8 & 9. The rooms near Soi 9 should be quieter than those on Soi 8. The mall thats currently under construction is scheduled for opening Jan 09.

Have you checked out the Baron's. Thats the recently remodeled hotel thats located between Sois 8 & 9. The rooms near Soi 9 should be quieter than those on Soi 8. The mall thats currently under construction is scheduled for opening Jan 09.

If that Mall fully opens in janusry 2009 will personally stand rounds for every board member for a year !!

Its miles from being finished.

September 2009 at best :gulp

If that Mall fully opens in janusry 2009 will personally stand rounds for every board member for a year !!

September 2009 at best :gulp

When they first put up the fences, they had opening in early 2009 on the fences. When I returned to Pattaya last month I noticed many signs that had just been put up around town that said opening Jan 2009. Also at the BigC, a fitness tenant to be in the new mall had a sales area set up selling memberships also saying that they would be open in Jan. I thought that those dates were a bit optimistic but they do have two shifts working on that site and I believe that the mall will be open well before Sep. I don't think that all retail space will be leased by then and if they are building a Hilton on top of that mall as rumored I'm not including that when I talk about the mall.

The Avenue which is alot smaller first began construction in Dec 2006, they were open in August 2007.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

Will be arriving in Pattaya tomorrow or next day and want to revisit this topic.

Any more suggestions about a place for around 1000 baht?

I checked out some of the links above, like the Pasadena Lodge, and the prices seem a bit high. Are hotels negotiating at all right now? I am in BKK - should I give them a ring and check the price?

Thanks,

Camus

From your opening post I get the impression that you like soi 8.

My 1st time in Patts I stayed at Flipper Lodge. Never again. The hotel is fine but I tend to go to sleep between 3 and 6 am hence I sleep all day.

My solution:

I've stayed at LK Mansion

LK Masion home page.

It's quiet, the staff is friendly, joiners allowed, ID at reception up to you, rooftop pool, black out curtains!!! etc...

No in room safe but they have safe boxes down stairs.

It's less than 5 minutes from soi 7-8, safe, food along the way any time of day.

I was almost always the last one to leave the room on my floor. Usually I'd have the maid ring the door bell at 15.00 asking if I wanted room cleaned.

The rates on the site are out of date.

I paid 4500/week. (that's 644 per night)

They also have apartments but I haven't had a look at them.

I can't compare with any other hotels for now.

Go and have a look. I think the place is good.

C.

September 2009 at best :banana

Anyone taken Chivas up on the deal. :clap2