Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Of course you can. There are several restaurants with imported Argentinian steak that's quite good.

And Australian, American and Thai-French. I think a couple have Japanese, but not sure.

My kids always claimed they liked the Nang Nual steak. However, for a good steak, I would usually go to a good hotel - Royal Cliff, say. Manhattan is perfectly okay, and of course there is always Sizzlers for a very dependable steak - never an adventure.

ALL of that said, Thailand isn't the mecca for beef eaters. The pork is the best in the world, the chicken and seafood are top rank.

Shenanigans has an excellent top surloin. Bit on the pricy side but good food. I waddled away a satisfied customer. Be warned. The steak, baked potato, soup, and desert took the heart out of a 1000bt note. I got a small number of coins back in change.

I'd also try Tequilla Reef on Soi 7.

Be careful at the Tequila Reef, I'd ordered and sent back a few t-bone steaks that were mostly gristle. No hassle having them replaced but still a hassle. The replacements were good.

Manhattan is perfectly okay, and of course there is always Sizzlers for a very dependable steak - never an adventure.

I've eaten at Sizzler a few times because my daughter lub's the food there. IMHO the steak is mediocre but cheap and that's all it has going for it.

Great steak (Australian I think) at Brunos. IMHO the best restaurant in Pattaya. But it doesnt come cheap.

Havent yet tried Manhattans or some other places that are springing up on (or relocating to) Thappayra Road.

Any reports please?

Charlie's on Soi Honey every Tues and Thurs has a quite nice selection of T-bone steaks. You pick the steak and then they barbecue it for you. Served with baked potato, corn, bread, and salad. 380b.

Get there about 6pm to get the pick of the steaks.

Shenanigans has an excellent top surloin. Bit on the pricy side but good food. I waddled away a satisfied customer. Be warned. The steak, baked potato, soup, and desert took the heart out of a 1000bt note. I got a small number of coins back in change.

Sounds good, but way expensive for top sirloin. Do you know where the meat was from?

I've eaten at Sizzler a few times because my daughter lub's the food there. IMHO the steak is mediocre but cheap and that's all it has going for it.

Agreed. The steaks at Sizzler are okay, at best. The salad bar is a pretty good deal though.

Sizzlers cheap? I wouldn't pay what they're asking for a steak here let alone in Thailand.

Kiss is reasonable value but nothing special food wise.

Charlies sounds interesting though. Might try that myself next time in town.

Shananagins had a good deal each day, but my buddy got really sick from something he had there on his last day.

Sizzler had the rudest service I experienced in a Pattaya restaurant. Food was nothing special either.

Where is Brunos?

Brunos is now at 306/63 Chateau Dale Plaza, Thappraya Road, Pattaya. A bit of a trek but well worth it. Very smart, great food and no more expensive than the "up market " places in the middle of Pattaya. I have been going to Brunos for over 10 years and it never disappoints.

Try the beef carpaccio to start or main course duck, if you like that sort of thing.

About a 10 min drive from Walking Street.

The best steak I ever had in Pattaya was at a little German place on the darkside, Soi Siam Country Club. The owner is a retired German butcher / restauranteer. He claims there is nothing wrong with Thai beef, it just needs to be hung and trimmed for enough time. I can't say I have ever had any steak elswhere in town that was anything special, Beefeater, Big Horn wherever. Best I ever had was at an Outbacks in Kansas City Mo.

Edited by jacko
The best steak I ever had in Pattaya was at a little German place on the darkside, Soi Siam Country Club. The owner is a retired German butcher / restauranteer. He claims there is nothing wrong with Thai beef, it just needs to be hung and trimmed for enough time. I can't say I have ever had any steak elswhere in town that was anything special, Beefeater, Big Horn wherever. Best I ever had was at an Outbacks in Kansas City Mo.

Sounds interesting. Can you give additional information as to location, general directions, name of the restaurant and/or a description of what it looks like?

Sounds interesting. Can you give additional information as to location, general directions, name of the restaurant and/or a description of what it looks like?
It's not even a restaurant, just an open air place about 1km down Soi Siam CC, from Suk, left side, pass the 2 mosques and it is just after the subsequent 7-11 on the left. Little sign in German, Fleishmaster it says. No menu, it is what is available on the day. It is next door to a singing girl and karaoke place and before a Thai noodle place, a pond at the rear. As it is not far from where I live I sometimes visit when I need some unhealthy fried and over salty food. :allright But I do enjoy his goulash...with chips which always amuses him. Edited by jacko

Linda's restaurant on Thappraya Road (just past the entrance to View Talay 2) serves a very nice pepper steak - though it's not cheap. A bit over 400 baht for the steak, baked potato and salad.

Alan

Try the Queen Vic on Soi 6 had a great new yorker there the other week asked for a blue one and got it a fantastic slab of meat best I've had in Thailand anywhere

It's not even a restaurant, just an open air place about 1km down Soi Siam CC, from Suk, left side, pass the 2 mosques and it is just after the subsequent 7-11 on the left. Little sign in German, Fleishmaster it says. No menu, it is what is available on the day. It is next door to a singing girl and karaoke place and before a Thai noodle place, a pond at the rear. As it is not far from where I live I sometimes visit when I need some unhealthy fried and over salty food. :banghead But I do enjoy his goulash...with chips which always amuses him.

Thanks for the excellent visual directions. It shouldn't be hard to find...now to find the time to go out that way. :banghead

Thanks for the excellent visual directions. It shouldn't be hard to find...now to find the time to go out that way. :bigsmile:
I sometimes feel it is better to just stick to the places you know.. so many restaurants in town are poor, pretending they represent some region. Hit one last night after watching the Bond film, little Italian place on 2nd Rd. I just had a 'pasta pang'. They brought my pasta 10 minutes after my entree, when I mentioned this they told me Penne was not pasta! :bigsmile: Edited by jacko