Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Cheap flights out of Australia

http://www.webjet.com.au/flights/specials/

Some good specials advertised here!

I checked out Emirates site and I can get a flt out of Sydney Feb/March return for $720

http://fly.emirates.com/IBE/SearchAvailability.aspx

or

Jet star site and in June I get a return flt Syd to Phuket for $880

http://jetstar.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

Was planning a trip in June/July next year so might book Jetstar.

I can't pass up the $720 with Emirates might have to do a 6 day trip as well in March :banana

Well Mr Aussiechic said we can you only do one trip next year for now we have to wait and see how money and jobs go.

So we have booked out June trip with Jetstar $900 each for return Syd to Phuket.

Will do a couple of days in Phuket fly to Bangkok and down to Pattaya for most of the time.

Stay a couple days in Phuket on the way back.

Now just have wait for some cheap domestic fares to come up to make it a good all round deal. :clap2

They are soem good prices.

The Jetstar prices from Melbourne are pretty similar but its to Bangkok.

Unfortunately Emirates dont go to Bangkok from Melboure which leaves Thai as the only other direct alternative.

Thai fuel surcharge is over $600 for a Mel to Bkk return which is bloody ludicrous but as i'm one flight of gold frequent flyer with them i'll be using them for my next trip.

Was looking at the Melbourne to Bangkok but non of the domestic flights lined, up so would have meant an over nite in Melbourne. We would rather go to Phuket than over nite in Melbourne its gone down hill since you know who moved there. :bigsmile:

Edited by aussiechic
Was looking at the Melbourne to Bangkok but non of the domestic flights lined, up so would have meant an over nite in Melbourne. We would rather go to Phuket than over nite in Melbourne its gone down hill since you know who moved there. :D

If i could move somewhere else ( you know where!!) i'd go tommorrow. :bigsmile:

"Now just have wait for some cheap domestic fares to come up to make it a good all round deal. biggrin.gif"

I meant closer to the date but couldn't go pass this deal.

5 nights in Patong for $15 au. Virgin Blue hotel bookings.

2 return airfare with Air Asia for $70 au each.

So far this trip is under $1000 each our Xmas trip so far has cost $2420 flights only. :tits:

Thanks Planter I have checked them out many times but the time schedule is out of whack for our domestic side of the trip and this soon adds cost to the trip with 2 overnight stays on the Gold Coast and the train fare to the Gold Coast from Brisbane and the taxi's fare in Australia it is just not worth the Hassle.

Have used Air Asia many times while in Thailand and have got half price fares for next June booked for Phuket to Bangkok and return.

Happy Travels

Edited by aussiechic

Best deals out of Sydney are with Emirates plus there one of the best carriers IMO, good food and entertainment on board, join there frequent flyer club, its the best of all the airlines and book online for extra points, there specials are always good and even if you book peak times because there fuel surcharges etc are far less than other carriers the flights are usually cheaper than Singapore, Thai or Qantas.

Only down side is the very late arrival into Bangkok but return, the early evening flight is good.

Jetstar IMO are utter shit and to be avoided unless desperate, note if you want to change any detail of your flight after payment you will get slammed with extra surcharges, plus if your flight is delayed for a long period, your on your own, Singapore and Emirates in this regard will look after you, Meal vouchers, Hotel if delay is overnight etc.

Edited by Alfred

Yes flew Emirate out of Sydney to Bangkok on a spur of a moment trip cost $700 return this is available again but only till 31 March. Over all a good trip but both ways the service was shit. An hour and half late leaving Bangkok as the staff (two air hostess) were trying to remove a sick passenger who was on the flight from Dubai, eventually two Kuwait baggage handles came on and loaded her into a wheel chair. She had a broken leg it was scary to see how inept the staff were, would hate be in emergence situation with them.

Would try them again can't be any worst than Qantas.