Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Do you support capital punishment?

Statistics from around the world confirm that capital punishment does not lower crime rates.

Nonsense,the proper way to deal with offenders and reoffenders is to lock them up or kill them and in the case of the death penalty there has never been a case of reoffending whilst those locked up don't seem to rob my house whilst they are locked up.

What you refer to is the recidivism that you get when you let the thugs and thieves out of prison after totaly unsuitable terms of imprisonment and much to good surroundings which in no way make the offenders want to stay out of prison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm all for capital punishment...if the evidence is overwhelming and for crimes involving torture and/or death of a victim.

I know that the argument is that capital punishment doesn't lower crime rate but I don't care. What capital punishment does, without argument, is increase the percentage of good people on the planet. That's a good way to start cleaning things up.

As for Harris Black? He shouldn't be killed. Scum like him, deserves to live a long lonely miserable life.

Thank you, the jury may be excused!

Suitcase

maybe it doesnt reduce crime but the evil doers cannot commit any other crime.

death to the infidels i say

which must effectively reduce crime!!! :bigsmile:
which must effectively reduce crime!!! :banghead

Yes, let's hear from those who have gone through capital punishment as to whether they would have re-offended or not..

I do not support capital punshment but I certainly understand the impulse to have this punishment particularly for heinous crimes.

As was stated statistics show it does not deter crime and with many examples of DNA evidence clearing convicted people the system is too corrupt or unrefined to be sure of the guilt.

Here corruption is so rampant and the police are quick to find scapegoats....for example trying to blame the singer in the band for the latest nightclub fire and evidence soon showed they lied.

Thailand is not alone in this corruption...this morning the paper reported US judges giving unusually harsh sentences to juvenile offenders to send them to PRIVATE FOR PROFIT prisons and get cash kickbacks from these prisons.

Things are too corrupt to send someone to die when he/she may be innocent.

I grew up with the idea it is better to let guilty go free than convict innocent people....

Is the purpose of capital punishment revenge? To save money?

But, I get pissed with the idea taxpayers have to support these people in prison...and find myself in the same situation as Jacko "I can't get my head around this one, my cool head says who has the divine right to order the death of another... my hot head says they have rejected society, society owes them nothing and the world would be a better place without them..."

I've changed my mind so many times on this issue...If someone committed a grotesque crime against one of my loved ones, I'd probably dust off my service 45 and blow them to hell and I do cheer when I read about someone taking out a slimeball.

But....at the end of it all I do not support capital punishment...It seems that the poor and powerless are the ones sucking the gas or getting the needle....Wall Street Bankers and corrupt politicians fuck up everyone's lives and they get a slap on the butt...we've got torturers in the US government collecting pensions and some argue to turn the police free to be judge, jury and executioner. We as a species are just too fucked up.

I support capital punishment as long as you get rid of the unlimited sham appeals. It is a joke that a serial killer can sit on death row 20+ years or so until he finally dies of natural causes anyway.

I'm also for total FULL castration of rapists (and I don't mean chemical castration). If a guy thinks his pecker is going to be cut off if he's caught, I bet he starts having second thoughts. And if not, well he'll have trouble being a repeat offender...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm..

absolutly, the argument that some people that have been executed and later may have been proven innocent may be valid, but there are innocent people doing long sentences in goal (getting there but holes expanded by inmates, and all the other agonies associted with imprisonment ) who would probably like to be executed.

I think I would prefer death than a long term prison sentence.

The death sentence will never be an inncentive not to commit a crime, eg terrorists etc.. otherwise we would never have wars (Palistine, Iraq, Vietnam etc...), where crimes are commited against innocent victims condoned by our own law makers and leaders.

umm.. I better stop the :brokeheart rave here..

Cheers Malzy