Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Really cheap deals on American Airlines for the Holidays

EDIT: MM, looks like I gave AA more credit than they deserved. Move or Delete post.

Normally a holiday ticket an American Airlines just to get to Narita from the US east coast is around 3k.

Suddenly

AATicket.JPG

The flight above returns on Jan 3rd.

Edited by short

These are pre-tax tickets. Run it through to purchase and see what the real total is.

I just tried to purchase this same itinerary, and the lowest available fare is $2793 + tax and fees. The total is: $3672.90

BTW, Birmingham is not quite East Coast. :banghead

AA2.JPG

Looks like I got snaked by the pricing the legs separately trip. This must be something new AA is doing.

That basically doubled the price. I also had to select a return date of Jan 1st.

This happens in Europe a lot..

Tickets can cost €1.00

Then with taxes....40/50

Eva can put an ad thro at £ 455...

Then when you get going on the booking ...taxes etc..can add on £100s

Try Ann at Angel Travel. She always finds the best rates. Her phone number is 800-922-1092 and the web site is www.angeltravel.com. Taxes and fuel surcharge are very high for all airlines. Fuel prices are way down but they still charge their high prices. In some cases over 50% of the ticket price.

I've been searching airlines for the last month for cheaper fares from USA, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen, despite the lower fuel prices. I think the airlines are fairly full over the Xmas holidays and they are looking at this as an opportunity to maximize profits. One week later in January sees fares about 1100 USD.

I have been looking for tickets from Savannah, Ga -BKK Dec 23-jan 11th, man are they killing me with prices.....either it cost too much or the times won't fit into my timeline :cry1 Everytime I find a price under $2000 and click on it, the price suddenly changes drastically upward :banghead freaking airlines are thieves and nothing more than :grin

I have been looking for tickets from Savannah, Ga -BKK Dec 23-jan 11th, man are they killing me with prices.....either it cost too much or the times won't fit into my timeline :D Everytime I find a price under $2000 and click on it, the price suddenly changes drastically upward :D freaking airlines are thieves and nothing more than :D

Well that's a rough period. 1-11th of december and you can go for under 1200.

Also, I found a series of flights for you 1763. delta to atlanta, korea to well.. korea :) then korea to bkk. return is bkk to seoul to iad on korea and iad to sav on united. Check out vayama for that flight. Total time is 28hrs.

Not the most convenient series of flights, but at least you would only have to suffer delta for the short hop.

Edited by oblong
Well that's a rough period. 1-11th of december and you can go for under 1200.

Also, I found a series of flights for you 1763. delta to atlanta, korea to well.. korea :) then korea to bkk. return is bkk to seoul to iad on korea and iad to sav on united. Check out vayama for that flight. Total time is 28hrs.

Not the most convenient series of flights, but at least you would only have to suffer delta for the short hop.

Delta has cancelled some of its atlanta-seoul flights and so they actually put you on Korea Airlines for the long haul sometimes.

I told you guys about Ann at Angel Travel. Gave her phone number and web site. Why don't you try it??? Every time I have gone on the internet to make reservations it was always more than what she could get for me. Give her a call especially if you have to make connections in the states. I went on the internet and found the cheapest price I could from LAX to BKK. Then found the cheapest flight from Las Vegas to LAX. Then contacted Ann and she gave me a price from Las Vegas to BKK for less then the price I found from LAX to BKK. Give her a try. She is Thai and this is basically all she does is fly people from US to Thailand. Call her toll free number. It doesn't cost you anything and maybe will save you some money. If she can't do anything you have only lost a little time nothing else.

Edited by dad

dad: angel travel is just a standard consolidator. There is nothing special (that I can see) about their services. The prices are fairly similar to the prices I am able to procure through a number of other ways.

For instance : 695 flight from angel. Add in the fees, taxes etc it comes within 15 dollars of the price for the same flight on vayama. (1300 something).

Those fees are killer...

Z class is the same thing, 3300 turns into 4500-5000 adding in the fees the airlines charge.

Can you give us an actual example of how much you saved?

dad: angel travel is just a standard consolidator. There is nothing special (that I can see) about their services. The prices are fairly similar to the prices I am able to procure through a number of other ways.

For instance : 695 flight from angel. Add in the fees, taxes etc it comes within 15 dollars of the price for the same flight on vayama. (1300 something).

Those fees are killer...

Z class is the same thing, 3300 turns into 4500-5000 adding in the fees the airlines charge.

Can you give us an actual example of how much you saved?

And, according to the angel site, the cheapest tickets don't accrue FFMs. I'd much rather pay a few hundred more through another site and get my 20k per trip.

I agree with Dad!.....I've used Anna several times and they have ALWAYS found me the best deal. It may very well be close to internet specials advertised by the airlines but going thru Angel Travel saved me many hours of searching the web and calling airlines.

it took me AT MOST 30 seconds to find a host of different prices using farecompare which can display with taxes and surcharges included. They include FF miles on most flights.

So I am still baffled. lets go over specific prices you saw. If you don't want to name them, I'm betting you have some other affiliation with angel travel and we need to move on.

oblong-I have no affiliation with Ann and/or Angel Travel. I have used them since 2001 and every time I have tried to get prices myself they have always beat the prices I get. You have to call them though because their web site is not always correct. As for FFM's I have always recieved my miles with no problems no matter which carrier they have me booked on. As for giving you specific examples I would have to call Ann and ask for prices since I have not flown there for almost a year. The trouble with that of course is you need dates to get prices cause certain times are more expensive than others such as the upcoming holidays. As I said before give her a call. How difficult is that and what harm does it do? I am only try to help save people some money. But as is the usual case, my friend always says to me, no good deed goes unpunished.

Hah, no, just had bad enough luck in the past with some interesting groups. It seems to always pay to be a bit of a dick right off the bat, then be a bit more forthcoming after. Now that I don't think you are a shill I'll give 'em a call.

Depending on who you fly they might not give you your FFMs. Singapore definitely not, korea maybe, but the regular USA carriers should though it will probably just be pure luck.

It all depends on the carriers FF plan rules and the ticket fare code.

FYI...

I booked my last Asia trip thru gatewaylax.com and took China Airlines to Taipei and then to other cities. I noticed that China Air had some of the lowest taxes/surcharges so try that airline and see what net fares you get.

I just booked my flight from Savannah, Ga to BKK Dec 23-Jan 11, $2100

It's through Delta/Korean air from SAV to ATL then Korean to BKK via Seoul and Korean on the return to D.C. then United picks it up to SAV......the same time frame I could of gotten for $1700 3 weeks ago if my boss wasn't such an ass, but hey....now it's all irrelevant, I'm on count down now! :wanker :bj2 :party

travlling :bigsmile:

I have booked China air through Angel at cheaper than internet rates. If you fly from one of their main cities maybe it won't matter but I have to make a connection to get to one of their cities and it costs me less with Angel.

OK! Try this option. It may save you some money,,,,,,,,,then again, it may not. This is the way I have booked all my flights to Thailand from Minnesota.

Go to NWA.com. Select their World Vacations site then enter your travel departure and destination (BKK) and dates. Then look to see if there is a little box that you can check that states you need a hotel for only part of your trip. This is important as it's the way I have saved a lot of money for tickets. In the box for nights at the hotel, enter the first and 2nd night only. You should then get a menu of hotel options such as the Royal River, Century Park, Marriott, etc.

I just checked using dates of Jan 16 with a return of Jan 31 for a single traveler and the total cost from MSP to BKK with two nights at the Century Park and airport pickup was about $1,450. I've stayed at the Century Park the last two trip to BKK and will be staying there again the end of November for the 1st two nights. Nice place but it's a cab ride to the bars on Suk.

Hope this helps someone save some money.