Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Air Asia X (update)

Manila,Ho chi minh,and Bangkok

I know I can go via KL to all of these

but would only be interested in a direct flight.

Never say never,but I doubt you'll ever see them fly to other cities from London.First,you must have permission to fly from a country other than your own (KUL) and you always start new service from your home base,which provides traffic feed through that hub.Not that there would not be sufficient traffic between BKK-LON.London-Manila and London-Saigon isn't in the cards IMO.But.....

He Who Dares ......... and all that. <grin

I've just booked up for a quick trip back to UK in March as I'll be in KL with my truck beforehand anyway. The total cost for everything I need came out at just under 1k GBP.

The picture being touted at the moment is that of the XL seats used on the current KL-Oz services. However, the aircraft being used on the London route doesn't go for its internal fit until January and their site shows a typical lie-flat/flatbed configuration for the A330/A340 (2-2-2) rather than the recliner layout (2-3-2) used on the Oz services. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised at what they come up with.

Kuala Lumpur to Oz Services Seat Layout

Kuala Lumpur to London Services Seat Layout

KL to London Pricing and add-ons

Now Tom if you do end up with the lie flat seat,you could possibly squeeze a small TG into your carry on bag......

Edited by LTGTR
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure racist nonsense.....again.

An Australian girl I spent time on a kibubutz with, had a ticket from LHR to SYD via KUL. On arrival at LHR she was refused boarding on MH due to the Isreali stamp in her passport. She had to change her route via SIN.

Anothet PC post from someone who knows fcuk all.

You think I made that up ? Just to be racist ? Pathetic ! A classic example of the Liberal mind. God preserve us from the knowalls who get all their info from the media as opposed from life. If I post something it is what I know, not what I think. When you enter Israel, they offer to put the entrance stamp on a seperate piece of paper that can be removed later. They know the problems a stamp can cause in other countries. You wouldn't know that would you ?

Try to help others and you still get pilloried by the Lib's. What a world ! :D

Edited by nidnoyham
An Australian girl I spent time on a kibubutz with, had a ticket from LHR to SYD via KUL. On arrival at LHR she was refused boarding on MH due to the Isreali stamp in her passport. She had to change her route via SIN.

You think I made that up ? Just to be racist ? Pathetic ! A classic example of the Liberal mind. God preserve us from the knowalls who get all their info from the media as opposed from life. If I post something it is what I know, not what I think. When you enter Israel, they offer to put the entrance stamp on a seperate piece of paper that can be removed later. They know the problems a stamp can cause in other countries. You wouldn't know that would you ?

Try to help others and you still get pilloried by the Lib's. What a world ! :D

There's no problem entering Malaysia with Israeli stamps, only Israeli passports.

He Who Dares ......... and all that.

I've just booked up for a quick trip back to UK in March as I'll be in KL with my truck beforehand anyway. The total cost for everything I need came out at just under 1k GBP.

The picture being touted at the moment is that of the XL seats used on the current KL-Oz services. However, the aircraft being used on the London route doesn't go for its internal fit until January and their site shows a typical lie-flat/flatbed configuration for the A330/A340 (2-2-2) rather than the recliner layout (2-3-2) used on the Oz services. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised at what they come up with.

Kuala Lumpur to Oz Services Seat Layout

Kuala Lumpur to London Services Seat Layout

KL to London Pricing and add-ons

this will certainly help with the budget .. now let gets the pound vs dollar back up . $149 each way.

Edited by hybrid
There's no problem entering Malaysia with Israeli stamps, only Israeli passports.

Tom

I knew when I posted that info, you would be the one to get an up to date on it.- My man in Malasia.

Babs Was lucky she was at LHR on a full ticket with oodles of alternative routes to SYD.

My thought when posting was of some poor UK BM at STN on an Air Asia ticket. He would not know about the Isreal stamp situation until he handed over his passport at check-in.

Connection flight/ hotel all booked and nowhere to go. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not even a P.C Liberal.

Try to help others and you still get pilloried by the Lib's. What a world ! :banghead

Hahaha... if you were standing in front of me you would know first hand as to whether I had a liberal mind. ;)

I'm pretty sure that I've had a LOT more travel experience than yourself and since Malaysia Airlines used to be my airline of choice, I think that I am more well placed to comment on this than yourself.

More than 20 flights per year over the previous ten years, not including short haul flights.

Personally, I've seen Israelis being refused entry(but they were arseholes, so it was ok). At that time Israeli travellers had a horrible reputation, but since the Israeli goverment urged them to behave themselves whilst abroad, things appear to have improved.

Might be worth noting that I had an Israeli stamp in my passport too(much to my chagrin).

Anyway, you are a racist. I've seen some of your other posts. I'm about as conservative as you can get without having extreme views. But you are just an extremist....but can't see it.

They think their views are normal. Whilst most everyone else sees them as extreme. Rather than accept their views as extreme, they try to paint everyone to the left of their view(which happens to be almost everyone, as liberal. :)

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Get your facts right Dickhead before spamming an increased post count !!

Certainly is correct.

What pray tell me, are the facts? Let see who is really "spamming an increased post count".

My post had validity, as indicated in my reply. Where is yours?

Good call,Goats!

Ditto, Mr Sheep. I await your reasoned reply. :)

Edited by valentinoxxx

Hahaha... if you were standing in front of me you would know first hand as to whether I had a liberal mind. :banghead

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure that I've had a LOT more travel experience than yourself and since Malaysia Airlines used to be my airline of choice, I think that I am more well placed to comment on this than yourself.

I don't care if you're an Astronaught. Travel has nothing to do with a fact of life. If you read my post it was ' just a thought' to warn others of a possible drawback to travel to Malasia. As I said, it is worth checking out. I was not concerned about Isrealis ( or Arseholes as you called them) travelling, but fellow BM's.

MH office was next door to ours, we used to pop in for a chat, you're right I know bugger all about travel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than 20 flights per year over the previous ten years, not including short haul flights.

Having worked at LHR for 26 years, some in passenger contact, one thing I have learned is that the purchase of an airline ticket, bears no reflection on a persons intelligence. We had the lot. Fruitcakes by the barrel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might be worth noting that I had an Israeli stamp in my passport too(much to my chagrin).

Bit of a Racist remark ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, you are a racist. I've seen some of your other posts. I'm about as conservative as you can get without having extreme views. But you are just an extremist....but can't see it.

They think their views are NORMAL. Whilst most everyone else sees them as extreme. Rather than accept their views as extreme, they try to paint everyone to the left of their view(which happens to be almost everyone, as liberal. :)

Thank you for your oppinion, it is a perfect example of all I dissagree with. You are 'most everyone else ' are you ? Define 'normal' for me. No don't, you have hijacked this thread enough.

As Henry James once said " It is the right of every man to see life from his own point of view "

I keep my eyes open in life. What I see, is what I say. I am not worried by the oppinions of others who dissagree with my philosophy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post had validity, as indicated in my reply. Where is yours?

Here it is. How you ever got the R word from a heads up post to others is beyond me.

What was your job at LHR?

Certainly not administrative, your spelling is appalling.

No wonder you had little contact with passengers. Your behaviour appears Neanderthal-like.

After being a member of the board since 22-April 02 and having 3481 posts to your name, you still haven't mastered how to even use the quote function of the board.

Your post was just idiotic, based on your 'heresay'....which I take with a large pinch of salt.

My experience is with using Malaysia Airlines for many years with an Israeli stamp in my passport.

Maybe there was another reason for your 'Australian friend' not being allowed on the flight. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't trust the word of an extremist such as yourself. I would look for a more balanced source and as such your story has been given no creedence.

Since you state,

MH office was next door to ours, we used to pop in for a chat
why did you not confirm as to whether this was their policy??

Personally, I know that you are full of it... and you are still a racist....and not a particularly intelligent thinker.

I say what I see. :banghead I hope you don't mind and all that.

Those Israelis were arseholes. I witnessed their manner and can understand why they weren't allowed in.

Is it only me but the airline of low fares AirAsiaX have already increased their fares ex Stansted to KL

Example fares for May 09 =

£413

£463

£484

£513

£534

Theses fares ere excluding the usual add on's /Baggage/Meals etc

What was your job at LHR?

Certainly not administrative, your spelling is appalling.

No wonder you had little contact with passengers. Your behaviour appears Neanderthal-like.

After being a member of the board since 22-April 02 and having 3481 posts to your name, you still haven't mastered how to even use the quote function of the board.

Your post was just idiotic, based on your 'heresay'....which I take with a large pinch of salt.

My experience is with using Malaysia Airlines for many years with an Israeli stamp in my passport.

Maybe there was another reason for your 'Australian friend' not being allowed on the flight. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't trust the word of an extremist such as yourself. I would look for a more balanced source and as such your story has been given no creedence.

Since you state, why did you not confirm as to whether this was their policy??

Personally, I know that you are full of it... and you are still a racist....and not a particularly intelligent thinker.

I say what I see. ;) I hope you don't mind and all that.

Those Israelis were arseholes. I witnessed their manner and can understand why they weren't allowed in.

When you are allready in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging.

I suggested a stamp in a passport may scupper travel plans and I'm racist.

You call Israeli people arseholes, because you wittnessed their behaviour and that is perfectly O.K ??????

Any post I make, is about what I have wittnessed, but that makes me racist. :banghead

In my job, I used to meet people from all over the world. I helped those with problems and I was bloody good at it too. None of them worried about my spelling or computer skills. I refuse to explain myself to a Dipstick any more. I will not respond to any more posts by a self apointed moral crusader of the forum.

Valintino xxxxxxxxxxx

You will find that unlike yourself I know what Im talking about.

Avram Grant (work it out yourself) was a holder of a Dutch and Israeli Passport when his team toured Malaysia.

He was obliged to obtain special dispensation from Malaysian Authorities prior to travel due to Israeli stamps within his Dutch passport.

Check it out yourself Mr Spammer. <grin

Avram Grant (work it out yourself) was a holder of a Dutch and Israeli Passport when his team toured Malaysia.

He was obliged to obtain special dispensation from Malaysian Authorities prior to travel due to Israeli stamps within his Dutch passport.

Grant, as with all Israeli nationals, was required to gain special permission to enter Malaysia because of his nationality (Israeli), not because of entry stamps in his Dutch passport.

Malaysia gives okay to Israeli pair

Chelsea's Israeli boss Avram Grant will be allowed into Malaysia despite a lack of diplomatic relations [AFP]

Malaysia will lift a travel ban on Israelis to allow Chelsea coach Avram Grant and midfielder Tal Ben Haim to travel to the South East Asian nation in July as part of the English Premier League club's pre-season mini-Asian tour.

Rais Yatim, foreign minister said that "although we don't have diplomatic relations with Israel or direct trade with the country, we don't have objections over their visit."

"They are a sports team with two Israeli members.

"We don't see it as something wrong," Rais was quoted as saying by the official Bernama news agency.

Malaysia does not have diplomatic ties with Israel and its citizens must obtain special permission to travel to the country.

Edited by CheshireTom
Valintino xxxxxxxxxxx

You will find that unlike yourself I know what Im talking about.

Check it out yourself Mr Spammer. :D

Perfect example of sub intelligence. :bow

I see Tom has put you right.

When you are allready in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging.

I suggested a stamp in a passport may scupper travel plans and I'm racist.

You call Israeli people arseholes, because you wittnessed their behaviour and that is perfectly O.K ??????

Any post I make, is about what I have wittnessed, but that makes me racist. :bow

In my job, I used to meet people from all over the world. I helped those with problems and I was bloody good at it too. None of them worried about my spelling or computer skills. I refuse to explain myself to a Dipstick any more. I will not respond to any more posts by a self apointed moral crusader of the forum.

Yes, I called those particular Israelis arseholes. Because they were arseholes. I can't say that it wasn't because they were Israeli; because at that particular time, let's say young, Israelis abroad had a particularly poor reputation. They had no idea how to show the proper respect and therefore no one had any respect for them.

If you are inclined to disbelieve me; http://www.dogood.org.il/default.asp?posti...&dest_type=

My view of you being a racist is taken from the content of some of you other cut & pastes posts.

I won't link to them here, as this is the travel forum. You posts are not always about what you see, but are your perception, which is flawed as best.

Grant, as with all Israeli nationals, was required to gain special permission to enter Malaysia because of his nationality (Israeli), not because of entry stamps in his Dutch passport.

Malaysia gives okay to Israeli pair

Chelsea's Israeli boss Avram Grant will be allowed into Malaysia despite a lack of diplomatic relations [AFP]

Malaysia will lift a travel ban on Israelis to allow Chelsea coach Avram Grant and midfielder Tal Ben Haim to travel to the South East Asian nation in July as part of the English Premier League club's pre-season mini-Asian tour.

Rais Yatim, foreign minister said that "although we don't have diplomatic relations with Israel or direct trade with the country, we don't have objections over their visit."

"They are a sports team with two Israeli members.

"We don't see it as something wrong," Rais was quoted as saying by the official Bernama news agency.

Malaysia does not have diplomatic ties with Israel and its citizens must obtain special permission to travel to the country.

CT and Lord Valentino

I dont give a flying fluck where the above quotes came from but Grant had to be given specific dispensation because of Israeli stamps in his Passport.

Whatever-the above quotes are stating just that.

The Malaysian immigration are not going to come straight out and admit their misguided FFS !!

CT and Lord Valentino

I dont give a flying fluck where the above quotes came from but Grant had to be given specific dispensation because of Israeli stamps in his Passport.

The Malaysian immigration are not going to come straight out and admit their misguided FFS !!

Chivas,

I don't understand what your argument is. It is a fact that all Israeli nationals need clearance to enter Malaysia and Grant is/was an Israeli national. His dual nationality was/is irrelevant.

Having Israeli stamps in your passport isn't an issue for the Malaysian immigration authorities.

Chivas,

I don't understand what your argument is. It is a fact that all Israeli nationals need clearance to enter Malaysia and Grant is/was an Israeli national. His dual nationality was/is irrelevant.

Having Israeli stamps in your passport isn't an issue for the Malaysian immigration authorities.

Tom,could you be just a little more explicit-some of us are a little slow on the uptake. <grin

CT and Lord Valentino

Words almost fail me. Are you really as stupid as you are indicating or are just having us on?

You must be known to CT, because he's being incredibly polite to you considering your language.

I personally think that you are thick. Before you accuse me of abuse, I think that fact has been clearly illustrated by your lack of understanding of the rules that were explained clearly to you.

If you were unsure, it would have been easy to use Google for confirmation, before you came here to embarrass yourself.

Dumb, dumb, dumb... :bigsmile:

Tom,could you be just a little more explicit-some of us are a little slow on the uptake. :hairout

Erm....weren't you all in support of chivas in post #33? :allright :D

Is it only me but the airline of low fares AirAsiaX have already increased their fares ex Stansted to KL

Example fares for May 09 =

£413

£463

£484

£513

£534

Theses fares ere excluding the usual add on's /Baggage/Meals etc

I read a half page article in the Evening Standard this week, headlined -12.5 hour flight for 99UKL. on Air Asia!

I logged on to see what a BKK-KUL-LHR rtn would be for Si in May. The KUL-LHR rtn leg was about 348UKL plus tax -200+ quid ? Add the BKK-KUL sector another 50, then there is the meal/ baggage.......

I am tempted to see if Thai have one of their seat sales in May. It may be comparable and direct too.

The events in BKK do act as a warning, that these cheap tickets will not be accepted by other carriers should the shite hit any fans. Add to that, the little equipment available to replace any that "go tech' " and it is a case of you get what you pay for.

My mates wife works for Thai and went to BKK Monday on a training course. He went with her an airline staff ticket, the same as I use for LOS. Thai moved them from the hotel at the old airport, for safety reasons. Thai will get her back when they can, on her working ticket. He is stuck there waiting for an empty seat to come available. I know it sounds ideal, waving the wife away at BKK while you stay alone, but he has a job to go to.

Spoke to my mate in Rayong today. The rumour is, things will get worse berfore they gets better.

If I get a nod on a Thai seat sale, I will let you know- after I have Si booked. :bigsmile:

• 2 weeks later...