Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Where to spend New Years Eve

Guest Irishfella

I have just booked my post Christmas flight to LOS and by god did it cost me an arm and a leg.

I arrive in BKK on Dec 29th.

I'm having trouble decided where to spend News Years Eve.

I was in Pattaya last New Years Eve and it was great craic. However I wouldn't mind trying BKK this year. Is it any good? Or should I just head straight to Pattaya?

Any other suggestions are also welcome

Thanks

Bangkok.

I can't imagine it would be bad. After all, it's only one night. But if you're getting there on the 29th, then you'd have a few days. One day at Nana Plaza, one day for Soi Cowboy, one day for Soi 33. Something like that. And those places are just be beginning.

J

I have spent new year in Pattaya for the last few years and every year it gets worse. The show at bali-hai is poor and they never get the countdown right. Add this to the insane crowd trying to get thru the arch back to walking st and its a recipe for disaster.

This year im looking at khosan rd in bkk. I hear good things about the atmosphere and will post a report to let you all know how it was.

vid

Northpoint Condos soi 18 Naklua throws their annual bash complete with free food, ice sculptures, a live band/dancers, and A FREE OPEN BAR! The fireworks at midnight is amazing too and the party is well guarded as there are many big wigs there. The level of hot girls from Bangkok is always staggering. As the booze is free, they are nice and lubricated by 10pm. I will be attending with a few board members. To join us and be on the guest list, send me a PM around Christmas.

Edited by azharleyboy
  • 2 weeks later...
I have just booked my post Christmas flight to LOS and by god did it cost me an arm and a leg.

I arrive in BKK on Dec 29th.

I'm having trouble decided where to spend News Years Eve.

I was in Pattaya last New Years Eve and it was great craic. However I wouldn't mind trying BKK this year. Is it any good? Or should I just head straight to Pattaya?

Any other suggestions are also welcome

Thanks

Given the current problems with the PAD, it looks like you will be spending your entire holiday in the arrivals lounge.

On a night that big, tying yourself down to 1 place just don't seem right. I know that Esco has a New Years Day bar-bash crawl planned. Everyone is meeting up at 3Som bar for some appetizers and food, then off to the bars on LK MEtro and the surrounding areas, back to 3SOM , then off to walking street.

Have to ask Esco a bit more on this one.

As for NYE, I think picking a nice place to watch the ball drop and get totally hammered would be a great idea. Then from there, head out to a place you've never been before, have some fun and make it like its your first trip to Pattaya again. There has to be some things some of you guys haven't done yet that will feel new to you, you just have to look for them.

Edited by ackademik1