Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Beer Garden – Growing Pains

I was there in August and ordered your mixed thai beer snacks 2-3 times both at night and during the day I also had a meal there also one night never had a problem with the time in being served.

Obviously Business has really picked up , however its such a nice relaxing place to kick back enjoy the view and the breeze I am sure not too many punters are complaining.

Pete, do you realize that you've gone from owning a little restaurant on (2nd or 3rd) road to owning a very large restaurant. Guess it was just meant to be.

If you can get the software to do it, record the time each meal was ordered and servered. Then produce reports by waitress, by meal type, by cook, by grill, by time etc.

The waitresses are your primary feedback on delays.

No reason you can't have more than one kitchen. Thats what make food courts work so well.

Pete,

Look at it this way... you are experiencing problems of growth. Those are good problems to have, especially these days. With your direct and open approach to dealing with the delays, I am sure you will have them ironed out quickly. It may be taking some time to get the meals out, but I don't hear anyone complaining of the end result.

Stopped by during Loy Krathog for a drink and was very impressed by the place and layout of restarant and bar. definatenly nothing like the Bkk beer garden.

Personally i think this place doesnt need freelancers to draw the crowds and maybe add a pool table area and would be mostly where people take a date rather than find one. Either way this place looks a big success already.

Have to go along with that, I was in last night. Mostly couples, quite full. Very pleasant to sit out over the sea on a cool evening.

Food took a while to arrive but we were warned, 5 minutes after ordering, but at 20 mins not excessive. I think the kitchen might have capacity issues during 'meal times'. A few freelancers and men at the bar, that would likely change later when dining hour was over.

Some staff exhibited a great attitude, but for some reason our waitress was a bit sour faced and was speaking by rote. (she messed up, she took a job where she is required to work :banghead )

Food was quite good, but as has been mentioned before some items were cold,namely vegetables which were also near raw.

From what I have read here these gripes will be resolved as attention to detail and critique is high on the owners business model, it most certainly will do well.

Edited by jacko

I finally got to visit PBG and really enjoyed it. Fellow BM bvthunder and myself picked it for our Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed the meatloaf. Pete was there to say hello and talk with us for a few minutes. I was suprised at the many falang couples who came in for dinner. I love the atmosphere and decor, and of course it has what might possibly be the best view in town. I'll have to bring Tilac in for a romantic dinner next time we're in town. :D

PBG1.jpg

PBGView.jpg

Great job Pete. :( You can chalk up one more happy customer. :D

I was suprised at the many falang couples who came in for dinner.
I was in last night. Mostly couples, quite full.

Wasn't this place supposed to be a freelancer hangout <huh

WOW! Maybe you should just forget about the Freelancers and stick to the food business! :banana

Fucking Pete, even when he fucks up he comes up roses :D

The spawny git!

image009.gif

Wasn't this place supposed to be a freelancer hangout :gulp

Sometimes a place like PBG just takes on a life of it's own. FLB stands for Free Lancer Bar and look where that went? Pete is probably just crying his heart out. Two failures in a row. Yerp, I'll just bet he is crying all the way to the bank.

:allright

While it is true that the restaurant side of the business has somewhat exceeded my expectations (to put it very mildly) the freelancer side is certainly still a very important part of the business.

The freelancer thing is a long haul operation. I knew that from the get go and I still expect it to be the biggest part of the business. The thing is to get enough business for the girls to make it worth their while hanging about. From about 8:30 pm most nights there is a good selection of girls in the bar. Considerably more than there are takers unfortunately.

As has been mentioned before there are very few girls about during the day or early evening. This is not because the girls are not interested but because they do not get any takers when they come in early. It's the old chicken and egg problem that all freelancer places experience. No girls and the monger types will not hang about, no mongers hanging around and the girls will not stay.

The good news though is that the chill out and eating with the girlfriend crowd and the late night freelancers provide a perfectly adequate business base. We could survive quite happily on those customers alone. However I am determined to put the Pattaya Beer Garden on the map as a great freelancer place and will continue working hard to achieve that.

When FLB started, I did not have the luxury of waiting out the chicken and egg problem. This time I do and believe me I am very, very determined. If you are a monger and you want to help then you can. Simply drop by the bar and cruise for suitable freelancers. Slim pickings in the day but plenty of fine candidates most nights. You don't have to have a drink or spend any money at all. Just cruise through on your way to or from Walking Street. If you find a good girl then you save yourself a bar fine and if you don't the walk is pleasant and the sea breeze refreshing and you can console yourself with the thought that you are helping to get something Pattaya desperately needs off the ground.

So come on guys, help our poor freelancers to make an honest living!