Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi All

at some stage with the airports closed and standard flights not going tourists who are here will run out of money.

i have a freind waiting to go back to the UK and we were at the airport when it all kicked off the other night.

many phone calls give replies of no solution and nothing we can do.

so assumedly other goverments will have to consider repatriation flights operated under militiary control.

how long i wonder ?

Hi All

at some stage with the airports closed and standard flights not going tourists who are here will run out of money.

I wonder how the insurance companies/airlines are treating it. The general exclusions of UK travel insurance usually contains a clause similar to this (issued by Legal and General) .......

For the purpose of this exclusion terrorist activity means an act, or acts, of any person,

or group(s) of persons, committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes with the

intention to influence any government and/or to put the public, or any section of the public, in fear.

Terrorist activity can include, but not be limited to, the use of force or violence and/or the threat

thereof. Furthermore, the perpetrators of terrorist activity can either be acting alone, or on behalf of,

or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s). Also excluded hereon is any loss or

expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with

any action taken in controlling, preventing, or suppressing any, or all, of the above incidents.

The advice offered by the British embassy seems to be next to useless for those folk that are caught up in the closure. I would imagine that at some point the embassy has to start taking responsibility for it's nationals since there must be a considerable backlog of passengers now that aren't going to be able to be rebooked on the next flight ........

Major political demonstrations have been taking place in Bangkok, with outbreaks of violence. A large number of demonstrators at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport have forced the closure of the airport. Departures have been suspended and arrivals are being diverted to other airports. Please check with your airline or tour operator if you intend to travel via Suvarnabhumi.

Edited by CheshireTom

phone calls this morning to the embasy and emirates airline

embasy official advise was phone the airline and thaialnd tourist authority.

airline advise was airport is closed. however taking provisional cahnges of booking from 2nd december but no promises of course. no help offered above this as its political unrest and therefore they are not obliged to do anything.

TAT advises they will put people up in hostels and there is a fund for food it seems.

unoffical chat with the guy at the embasy as i was pushing the point about repatriation flights operated by the military was that currently they are not considering them but are awaiting instructions from london.

more pushing about waht scenario would make it possible indicated that should lots of brits head to the embassy blankets in hand and start refusing to leave then it could start to become a possibilty. however as it stands with most of those stranded seemingly manageing then nothing will happen soon.

I wonder how the insurance companies/airlines are treating it.

Hi,

You can be sure they will weasle out of any compensation if at all possible.

Hi,

You can be sure they will weasle out of any compensation if at all possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_majeure

Although Wikipedia states 'frees both parties from liability or obligation', normally one party is getting off the hook! :banghead

For the latest information the Pattaya City Call Center 1337 can be contacted and for those who need to leave Thailand urgently can also contact 1337 and decisions on whether to accommodate requests to leave Thailand urgently will be decided case-by-case by an emergency committee which has been set up.

For the latest information the Pattaya City Call Center 1337 can be contacted and for those who need to leave Thailand urgently can also contact 1337 and decisions on whether to accommodate requests to leave Thailand urgently will be decided case-by-case by an emergency committee which has been set up.

Stuck in Pattaya. How awful...