Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about discrimination against indians in thai a go gos. I am an Indian american planning to visit pattaya next year. Can anyone guide me if this is a HUGE problem in pattaya or any specific places to avoid?
I would not say HUGE problem. It might happen you will be blocked in some of the Thai owned places. But Indians with money are becomming common here and mostly welcome. Tag along with a few new pals from the FLB!

/Agree with Jacko.

Come to FLB... someone there will invite ya along and show you what places will likely cause issues... then take you in those places lol. I will do it myself if nobody else is around.

If your with someone they know or have seen, you wont see a problem. the problem is that there are a number of Indian tourists that are notorious cheap charlies - like buying one beer between 4 of them and trying to get the girls to go with ALL of them (one after the other) for 1000 baht lol. (True story! - well... I was TOLD its a true story LOL).

You wont see that attitude from Falang owned or managed places I dont think, and many of the best gogo's on WS are falang owned or managed.

Just IMHO.

frosty

some bars do discriminate against indians/pakistanis/muslims etc and many are cheap charlies who try to lure a thai girl to the room and all gangbang.however some bars have a policy to save them from sin so if they dont go in a bar they cant smoke,drink or fornicate,which is against most of thems religion.Go to south pattaya it will be much better there.

There are some 'bells and whistles' type bars which cater for tour parties. These tour parties are from Korea, India, China, etc. If you go to these bars then you will definitely be welcome.

However, there are some well known Walking Street bars e.g. Peppermint, Happy which are known to discourage Indians/Arabs from going in by saying that the bar is 'full' or it is 'members only'. Some even try to make a door charge for these nationalities.

But there are 70+ go go bars in Pattaya and only a few operate this sort of practise.

To clarify, are we talking about "India Indians" or Indians from the Americas??

Do you perhaps mean native Americans or Indians from the Asian Sub Continent? I personaly think they should all wear a big hat and boots and tell anyone who asks that they are Cowboys, who the fuck can argue with a Cowboy.

Edited by sinbinjack
Do you perhaps mean native Americans or Indians from the Asian Sub Continent? I personaly think they should all wear a big hat and boots and tell anyone who asks that they are Cowboys, who the fuck can argue with a Cowboy.

Yes, the Monglians that may have walked through Russia and into the Americas over 10,000 years ago when Alaska and Russia probably were joined. The two are only separated by 51 miles now so very likely.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree there is discrimination all pattaya against anyone that isn't white. I am indian myself and i have been turned away a number of times at various bars around pattaya. When it happens i just move on, there loss!!

Lack of an education from bar owners or even there thai bar owners or girls is there problem not mine. I spend above average on a night out, so its there loss!!

Everything in the world is not perfect so get on with it!!

some bars do discriminate against indians/pakistanis/muslims etc and many are cheap charlies who try to lure a thai girl to the room and all gangbang.however some bars have a policy to save them from sin so if they dont go in a bar they cant smoke,drink or fornicate,which is against most of thems religion.Go to south pattaya it will be much better there.

You know, we all have seen tacky behaviour in Pattaya by both the guys and girls and I do not consider 1 person as an example of an entire race of people. With that said, I was at a beer bar a few days ago and a gentleman, who appeared of Indian descent, came in with his partner and ordered 1 beer. The partner drank the beer while the other guy just hungout. How can 2 people go to a bar and order 1 beer?

It was really sad to see as the guy seemed to play into the stereotype.

FatherMojo

• 3 weeks later...

its not just the doormen that u have to worry about. think of how the girls acts..

what fun is there if u are by your self the whole time while a bunch of lonly girl wouldnt even take a ladydrink from you. i say. if a place has a hard on about not letting certain people dont even bother going in.. even if u get in you wont have fun.. BELIEVE ME!

With that said, I was at a beer bar a few days ago and a gentleman, who appeared of Indian descent, came in with his partner and ordered 1 beer. The partner drank the beer while the other guy just hungout. How can 2 people go to a bar and order 1 beer?

It was really sad to see as the guy seemed to play into the stereotype.

Perhaps it was the other guy's turn to drive ..........

This sometimes happens. I met a group of my citizens (Turkish) in pattaya. When we try to get in some gogos didnt let us. But the day before i entered there. Althought Turkish guys like to spend money on alcohol and girls. We went to a bar - forgot the name- and spend neraly 5000 bht for 5 people.

/Agree with Jacko.

Come to FLB... someone there will invite ya along and show you what places will likely cause issues... then take you in those places lol. I will do it myself if nobody else is around.

If your with someone they know or have seen, you wont see a problem. the problem is that there are a number of Indian tourists that are notorious cheap charlies - like buying one beer between 4 of them and trying to get the girls to go with ALL of them (one after the other) for 1000 baht lol. (True story! - well... I was TOLD its a true story LOL).

You wont see that attitude from Falang owned or managed places I dont think, and many of the best gogo's on WS are falang owned or managed.

Just IMHO.

frosty

Frosty hit the problem spot on the head, it´s all about too many Indians that in past time have had problems to pay what they previously had agreed too.

Whilliam :D

This sometimes happens. I met a group of my citizens (Turkish) in pattaya. When we try to get in some gogos didnt let us. But the day before i entered there. Althought Turkish guys like to spend money on alcohol and girls. We went to a bar - forgot the name- and spend neraly 5000 bht for 5 people.

5000 baht for 5 people that averages 1000 baht per person, which is about $30 dollars. One drink in the US is $30 dollars. Big spender you guys!...NOT.

5000 baht for 5 people that averages 1000 baht per person, which is about $30 dollars. One drink in the US is $30 dollars. Big spender you guys!...NOT.

Even assuming that a drink in the US costs $30 (which I find extremely difficult to believe), what does the cost of drinks (or sex, etc) outside of Thailand have to do with anything?

This is the same kind of misguided thinking that says, "Hey, hookers in the US commonly get $200/hour. So, that gogo girl asking only 3000 baht for short time is a good deal!"

On top of that, anyone spending 1000 baht in a bar is a VERY good customer. And a 5000 baht bill for 5 customers is enough for them to get treated like royalty.

How did you arrive at your comment? It's way off base.

Edited by sabaidii2
  • 4 weeks later...
dotcom got it all wrong. Anyway 1kBaht per person per bar is not great but its about 4 to 5 beers so it's not too bad either!

What bars do you go into that charge 200-250 per beer? Please name them so I can avoid going in. :bigsmile: