Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What bars do you go into that charge 200-250 per beer? Please name them so I can avoid going in. :bigsmile:

The original figure was quoted by cinali who said that the guys spend their money on girls and beer. So the figure of 1k for 4-5 beers (+ 4-5 LDs) sounds a pretty fair guesstimate.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even assuming that a drink in the US costs $30 (which I find extremely difficult to believe), what does the cost of drinks (or sex, etc) outside of Thailand have to do with anything?

I've never paid $30 for a drink in the US, although I think I have paid in the $20s for a tumbler of very very nice scotch once, and if you go for fancy brands in mixed drinks it is pretty easy to pay over $10 for a drink in my part of the US... BUT if you go for well drinks or beer the only place I have ever seen prices hit $10 are at ballparks or similar events. Even with that $6-7 is a very pricy beer.

• 4 weeks later...
5000 baht for 5 people that averages 1000 baht per person, which is about $30 dollars. One drink in the US is $30 dollars. Big spender you guys!...NOT.

:drunk $30 a beer? Shit prices have risen since I was last in the US! A LOT! 1k each is a decent amount to spend in any bar!

dotcom got it all wrong. Anyway 1kBaht per person per bar is not great but its about 4 to 5 beers so it's not too bad either!

Man the inflation in the US and now Thailand appear to be in line with each other 200/250B a beer?

Shit you must drink in bars that rip you off big time. Can meet up sometime and I will show you pattaya where beers range from 40B to maybe 100 a bottle?

To the OP I think most issues have been covered and 2 of the main offenders guilty of discrimination named. I would say however, it is a reputation earned by other India's and Arabs who have treated the girls very poorly. It doesn't take long for word to get about. You also have to remember Muslim's are bombing the south of Thailand regularly, unlike the west, Thai's DO NOT have a lot of time for races/people who attack them and tend to tar everyone with the same brush :clap2

I have met up with a couple of arabs previously and spent a few nights in their company and it is WEIRD the look Pattaya takes on with these guys beside you! I felt sorry for them on so many instances. The worst was Soi 8, sexy girl agogo, I love this gogo and although was amazed this night it would not prevent my return as it was not the gogo at fault.

As we entered (unhindered) a couple of the girls waved as got to know a fair few of them over various trips. As I walked to a seat one girl (who I didn't know) was sat in the seats and I gave her a little 'grope'. No problem, just a smile. As one of the young arabs guys with me went to do likewise, she screamed and ran off. A lot of it is down to ignorance. But there are so many horror stories about Indian's and arabs gang raping BG's etc.. You are not going to change their opinion or the way they think, so you got to combat it and just accept it.

Edited by The Jock Bomb
But there are so many horror stories about Indian's and arabs gang raping BG's etc..

You got any links to the stories? :allright

You also have to remember Muslim's are bombing the south of Thailand regularly, unlike the west, Thai's DO NOT have a lot of time for races/people who attack them and tend to tar everyone with the same brush

Except that they welcome the Muslims from Malaysia, Indonesia etc. AFAIK, no Arabs, Muslim or otherwise, have been bombing the south of Thailand.

Edited by CheshireTom
Cheshire Tom.

how do you know that muslim extremists or arabs are not helping the muslims of the south to pay or give them bomb making equipment.

bratpack,

I quite deliberately didn't mention muslim extremists, only "Arabs, Muslim or otherwise".

It's well-documented that many young guys attend Islamic schools in Pakistan, Indonesia and the Middle East but it's also equally well-documented that the insurgency is about nationalism, politics and cultural identity rather than part of some global Islamic Jihad. If you think it is then you're barking up the wrong tree.

how do you know that muslim extremists or arabs are not helping the muslims of the south to pay or give them bomb making equipment.

"The Muslims of the South" do not have bomb making equipment any more than the Muslims of the US or the Muslims of Saudi Arabia. Therefore, they aren't taking help or money for the bomb making equipment they don't have.

You seem to be mixing up the idea that terrorists and extremists of the South are Muslim, with the idea that the Muslims of the South are terrorists and extremists. By that logic, the English are football hooligans and the Americans are searching for schools and malls to shoot up.

They aren't. Nor would you find ONE BG in Pattaya who shared your lack of logic in any of the above cases.

You got any links to the stories? <huh

Except that they welcome the Muslims from Malaysia, Indonesia etc. AFAIK, no Arabs, Muslim or otherwise, have been bombing the south of Thailand.

A link to many BG's and my personal experiences? ..... I dont think so, but there are well documented cases in other forums. Also having gone to Thailand countless times, like yourself I presume, you know only too well about similar such cases. Peppermint being one of the main offenders where BM's from other forums have not been permitted entry!

As for bombings in the south, I beg to differ. I have watched BBC and many other news related stories clearly documenting the bombings carried out by muslims both Thai and from Malaysia, I NEVER SAID THAT WAS THE ONLY ONES UNDERTAKING THESE DEEDS. I have also seen it on Thai TV.

South Thailand is mainly Muslim, if not totally and has 'annexed' off several years ago.

This may assist you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency

It doesn't really matter about the political or diplomatic stance, to a Thai that is not important and that is what I was referring too! That is how a Thai views it, that muslims/islamists are bombing and they will view it that way. The problem is the islamic violence is spilling over into neighbouring areas. We have offices in the area for Baker Hughes, for offshore work and there are constant warnings with regards to employees who work there, regarding the bombings and threats by islamic militants on operations etc..

I also never said WHY they were bombing and killing.

Now back to the OP? Lets not get into an off topic, political debate. Religion and politics are 2 big no no's on boards IMO, always ends up in a cluster fuck of abuse and finger pointing :poke

thanks for correcting the guy,i couldnt be arsed with the PC brigade.Where there is fighting and Muslims are involved,there is always the extremests sticking their oar in.

FACT

NP, YW.

I just don't see why it should go unanswered when so obviously incorrect and is taking what I posted completely out of context. Anybody can twist things to suit their argument or debate, that is easy.

There is no point in debating this as what he posted is incorrect and unfactual. On top of that I hate debating religion and politics, NEITHER of which I have a belief in. Both are full of hypocrits and bigots IMO! Give me beer, woman, sun and Pattaya, thats all I am interested in :)

Unlikely. But irrelevant. Let us again revisit the actual claim and see if this time you choose to address it or admit you were wrong:

no Arabs, Muslim or otherwise, have been (involved in) bombing the south of Thailand.

To the OP. I pity you...Why don't you just forget Thailand and focus on Mexico...Walking distance actually from the CA border... Why travel all the way if you are so apprehensive????

Unlikely. But irrelevant. Let us again revisit the actual claim and see if this time you choose to address it or admit you were wrong:

no Arabs, Muslim or otherwise, have been (involved in) bombing the south of Thailand.

AND WHY DON'T YOU READ WHAT I WROTE RATHER THAN TRYING TO BE A SMART ASS?

As I said, and will repeat so its crystal clear, it matters not what you, I or anybody on this board thinks IT IS WHAT THE THAI's THINK that causes discrimination, remember, discrimination? The OP?

Nothing to do with who or what bombs where! It was to do with Thai perception of who bombs, which incidently includes muslim extremists, insurgents and militants among others!

But seeing as you appear hell bent on :D if its not muslims, and they have nothing to do with it, WHO then? Because I have SEEN offical US Government warnings about muslim extremist attacks in the south aimed at oil installations. But of course all the news reports and the US Government could all be completely incorrect?

I am not getting involved in laborious, futile debates when I know for a fact what I state is as reported over the years. I am not replying to this thread again as you are trying to run completely off subject and it is unfair on the OP who wanted straight answers. I have given my views from experiences I have witnessed and even been involved in over the years in Pattaya, including wandering the bars with 2 arab friends and from close friendships with Thai's and their views on it all.

Bottom line, Muslims, India's but more so Arabs have treated many BG's very badly over the years and there is an unfortunate under lying fear with many Thai's that this could happen to them. That will not change, end of debate. Thai's have also expressed in my company a hatred for muslims due to the violence and bombings in the muslim south, which has caused Thailand many problems for many years.

None of this is going to change, regardless of what you are trying to put over. I am more than happy to introduce you to my GF who will try to explain this to you. She wouldn't even come near my 2 arab friends because of her fear of the stories of arabs, both of their treatment of women and of the problems in the south. It comes down education and making Thai's understand that they are being stupid. But don't hold your breath!

Now I hope that is crystal clear? I also said I am not getting involved in a religious or political debate, which this is!

What I was going to say, if there are indians/arabs, out in June/July I will happily meet up with you for a few beers. I have no problems facing up to any bar who refuses entry, if thats what you fear may happen. 99% of the bars have no problems what so ever :) I am sure you will have a great time :)

Why is it, whatever board you come on, people can say, Americans just want to rule and bomb the world, English are thugs and piss heads, Scottish are greedy bastards, French are this, Germans are that bla bla bla, but mention a muslim or an arab and people argue like hell? WTF?

Edited by The Jock Bomb

i had a few indian freinds from the UK turn up here in pattaya last week. they called me so i took them on a quick tour. one bar, sliver star go go on soi 7. i went in 1st with one guy, the rest dissapeared so we thought they were talking outside. after 20 mins we left and found them in the bar next door. they had been refused entry to the gogo.

AND WHY DON'T YOU READ WHAT I WROTE RATHER THAN TRYING TO BE A SMART ASS?

As I said, and will repeat so its crystal clear, it matters not what you, I or anybody on this board thinks IT IS WHAT THE THAI's THINK that causes discrimination, remember, discrimination? The OP?

Ah yes, well indeed you brought that up after refusing to discuss the previous given - you seem to feel you know that the Thais have a negative feeling about Muslims because Muslims do such terrible stuff in the South.

And I say such a claim is ridiculous. You don't know at all what Thais think about Muslims OR the South with such a statement, that the Thais rather obviously do NOT have such a feeling about Muslims given their rather obvious and observable action towards people from the world's biggest Muslim country and Malaysia for starters, not to mention the roughly 10 per cent of Thai citizens who are Muslim and have ZERO problem about it, where by "zero" I mean none at all in any form, ever.

You DO know there are quite a few Muslims and actual mosques in Pattaya, right?

A link to many BG's and my personal experiences? ..... I dont think so, but there are well documented cases in other forums. Also having gone to Thailand countless times, like yourself I presume, you know only too well about similar such cases. Peppermint being one of the main offenders where BM's from other forums have not been permitted entry!

As for bombings in the south, I beg to differ. I have watched BBC and many other news related stories clearly documenting the bombings carried out by muslims both Thai and from Malaysia, I NEVER SAID THAT WAS THE ONLY ONES UNDERTAKING THESE DEEDS. I have also seen it on Thai TV.

South Thailand is mainly Muslim, if not totally and has 'annexed' off several years ago.

This may assist you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency

It doesn't really matter about the political or diplomatic stance, to a Thai that is not important and that is what I was referring too! That is how a Thai views it, that muslims/islamists are bombing and they will view it that way. The problem is the islamic violence is spilling over into neighbouring areas. We have offices in the area for Baker Hughes, for offshore work and there are constant warnings with regards to employees who work there, regarding the bombings and threats by islamic militants on operations etc..

I also never said WHY they were bombing and killing.

Now back to the OP? Lets not get into an off topic, political debate. Religion and politics are 2 big no no's on boards IMO, always ends up in a cluster fuck of abuse and finger pointing :bigsmile:

Jock,

You raised the point about the activities in the south, so you shouldn't get upset when people respond to you.

We have offices in the area for Baker Hughes, for offshore work and there are constant warnings with regards to employees who work there, regarding the bombings and threats by islamic militants on operations etc..

I actually live in Songkhla, about 3 kms from your company's offices on Thanon Kho Yo and would disagree somewhat with your assessment/perception of how things actually are in that neck of the woods. Yes, there are warnings, just as there are warnings in London, Glasgow etc. In fact, you're more likely to get caught up in acts of Muslim extremism in Glasgow or Manchester than you are in Muang Songkhla. Fact.

Edited by CheshireTom
Jock,

You raised the point about the activities in the south, so you shouldn't get upset when people respond to you.

I actually live in Songkhla, about 3 kms from your company's offices on Thanon Kho Yo and would disagree somewhat with your assessment/perception of how things actually are in that neck of the woods. Yes, there are warnings, just as there are warnings in London, Glasgow etc. In fact, you're more likely to get caught up in acts of Muslim extremism in Glasgow or Manchester than you are in Muang Songkhla. Fact.

I am not getting 'upset' but it does some what piss me off when someone twists posts and takes them out of context then starts up a whole new argument about something that was never said or certainly not said in the context he is taking it in.

It is just as likely something could happen in the south of Thailand as it is in UK or USA. Mores so mainly due to the lower standards of policing, security and the general lack of peace in the area and how unsettled it is. I don't see what you are disagreeing with though? You agree there are warnings out in that area and that is all I said about it? All overseas companies in high risk ventures will receive communications from their respective governments. To fail to heed these can result in the loss of billions.

I accept your take on the area, and I accept my knowledge of the area, but I would still be considerably more aware of my surroundings there than I would be in Scotland, that I assure you. Just like going to Nigeria, you are very much aware of your surroundings and take heed of the warnings fully.

But none of this has anything what so ever to do with the OP? So back to the OP again:

I think anybody that says thai's all accept muslims and arabs need to seriously spend some time with some of them. I have, great guys and the manner in which they were treated in Patts certainly opened my eyes. It wasn't every bar but there certainly were a good few.

The mere fact that we have guys posting on here about Indian's and arabs who were not permitted entry into certain gogo's SHOWS the Thai's attitude to muslim's in general and to say that these guys going out will not face any problems is bullshit IMO.

Its not how it should be, but it is also not our country so we have no right to question their stance IMO.

Edited by The Jock Bomb

Going back to the OP, bottom line, for what ever reasons, Indian's and arab's DO face unwarranted discrimination regardless of what ever anybody says, I have witnessed it, been there with friends when it happened to them, read it on 'another forums' where MANY were discriminated against and have it 1st hand from Thai's themselves as to why.

It is a fact that Thailand doesn't have any anti racist laws like we do in the 'west'. Like it or not that is the way it is and nobody will change that until the Thai's realise it.

Its great to get away from all the PC bullshit of the west and all the rules and regulations but there are prices to pay for that in other ways.

I am more than happy to point you in the direction of the 'other posts' but am not prepared to do it in the forum. That is unfair on this forum.

That is my experiences and my take on the OP, with nothing else to add I hope the OP and those who may face this discrimination enjoy their time in Pattaya and as I said, I am always happy to meet up for a beer or 10! I don't discriminate unless you are a lady boy :chogdee

I am not getting 'upset' but it does some what piss me off when someone twists posts and takes them out of context then starts up a whole new argument about something that was never said or certainly not said in the context he is taking it in.

But you were advising on the cause of the racism and then when faced with challenges, you dissembled.

My follow-up to your post was about WHY the Thais have attitudes about Muslims. You said it was because of all that stuff Muslims do in the South. I said it was not and provided some proof to back up my point.

You can back up your point and continue, concede, or do nothing. It's just an Internet forum. But you were the one who brought the "why" into the convo. It *is* a valid point to discuss, I think. You were definitely in context when YOU raised the issue. But I definitely and strongly think and know you have the wrong take on it.

Thank god we all can have different points and ideals.Would be great if there was a happy medium,so UK wouldnt be so POLITICALY CORRECT,and Thailand would be less racist against others and there own darker skinned Thais.

If i was Indian/Muslim etc i would be more happy in the uk due to the racist laws and would milke the situation like many do.Thailand suits me because i am white and i cannot complain too much as one of the reasons i moved here was the unstable situation in the uk against anybody thats not a minority ethnic

Going back to the OP, bottom line, for what ever reasons, Indian's and arab's DO face unwarranted discrimination regardless of what ever anybody says, I have witnessed it, been there with friends when it happened to them, read it on 'another forums' where MANY were discriminated against and have it 1st hand from Thai's themselves as to why.

It is a fact that Thailand doesn't have any anti racist laws like we do in the 'west'. Like it or not that is the way it is and nobody will change that until the Thai's realise it.

Its great to get away from all the PC bullshit of the west and all the rules and regulations but there are prices to pay for that in other ways.

I am more than happy to point you in the direction of the 'other posts' but am not prepared to do it in the forum. That is unfair on this forum.

That is my experiences and my take on the OP, with nothing else to add I hope the OP and those who may face this discrimination enjoy their time in Pattaya and as I said, I am always happy to meet up for a beer or 10! I don't discriminate unless you are a lady boy :D

Ok, Jock. I hear what you are saying. The Thais are so racist towards Muslims and Indians that they have built a town that exists for no other reason than P4P. Their customer base? 75% Muslim and Indian (the other 25% is Chinese).

Old, fat, ugly, completely lacking in personality...it just does not matter, you will still be able to fully satisfy you sexual desires in Pattaya.

The only true discrimination is against the guy with no Baht.

Well that was the concept that was originally sold to me about P4P in Thailand anyway.....

But how can it truly be Fun Town and a sexual Jizzney land if some of our members are consistently coming up against racist practises from the Dark ages (if you'll pardon the pun) whenever they visit?

Old, fat, ugly, completely lacking in personality...it just does not matter, you will still be able to fully satisfy you sexual desires in Pattaya.

The only true discrimination is against the guy with no Baht.

Yep, in the end, Thailand is pretty much like everywhere else. Except for the hot season and Songkran of course.

I read about discrimination against indians in thai a go gos. I am an Indian american planning to visit pattaya next year. Can anyone guide me if this is a HUGE problem in pattaya or any specific places to avoid?

yeah avoid villa park :gulp