Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Old Germany, an Ex-Pat fave

I had a 90-day reporting at Maptaphut immigration today. :D

Old Germany is probably the most popular western restaurant in Maptaphut with the ex-pat crowd. It is located just west of Soi 19 on Sukhumvit, near Maptaphut immigration, and has ample parking. They have revolving buffets, a different one for each day of the week. The cost is 140-180 baht. Thursday was the international buffet, but I was too early for the Christmas special buffet.

The food is German-continental. A little on the heavy side for my preference, but I must say it was very good. The food is well-prepared and well-spiced, with liberal amounts of pepper. I particularly liked the sausages, sauerbraten, chicken meatball soup and both the mashed potatoes and oven-baked potato wedges with onions. The restaurant does get busy at lunch, but the staff remains friendly and helpful. There wasn't one buffet item that I didn't like. I had a plate and a half of food, soup and a coke for 200 baht. There's a good selection of imported German beers.

If you're looking for a Christmas or New Year's place, and don't mind the drive, I would highly recommend it, particularly if you have to go to Maptaphut immigration.

P1010891.jpg

P1010893.jpg

P1010894.jpg

P1010898.jpg

P1010897.jpg

P1010896.jpg

• 2 weeks later...