Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flight prices starting to drop

:banana

A combination of competition, reduced passenger numbers and plummetting oil prices starting to kick in, flight prices look set to drop dramatically in the coming months.

Even Emirates has dropped Bangkok prices by 20%.

Etihad has flights from Manchester in Feb for £418,amazing for this time of year,am very tempted by that despite the lousy exchange rate.

Thai Air have some great prices for Melbourne to Bangkok for February.

Have dropped from over $1500 to just over a $1000.

Time for me to book.

I might just hang off a bit longer until mid-Jan to book, but will be keeping a close eye on the airfares.

£395 rtn with Etihad for May :)

I booked it via Top cashback (quidco also) which gets a 1.4% cash back.

Yes also £403 end of January via Etihad.Especially cheap for time of year.

Just booked for a month and would have expected around £460 on Etihad.Etihads own website has fares from £392 via London.

LAX-BKK route down to 725 + from china airlines (yeah, I know).

EVA cutting prices too. But be careful as promotional fares still

in the mid 800's and do not qualify for frequent flier miles. :moon

Edited by The Mook
Etihad, BKK-LHR-BKK April rtrn Jul £810.90.

I tried varying the return to June but still the same price on their website.

To early to book although I appreciate some guys like to get it done and dusted early.

Depending on exact dates youre still only looking at a 3 month ticket.

Me I would be viewing prices mid march for early april departures. Is that sterling equivalent at present forex rate or are they quoting sterling anyway ??

Edited by Chivas
Me I would be viewing prices mid march for early april departures. Is that sterling equivalent at present forex rate or are they quoting sterling anyway ??

They quote sterling after prices first shown in Baht. Taxes £222 , fuel charge over £100- ouch !

nidnoyham, most times its not a good idea to buy on the airlines web site you pay more. I looked on 2 sites lon/bkk/lon 13 apr to 17 july. westeast had cathay pacific 484.00 etihad 523.00 .... expedia had jet air 502.80 ba and qantas 587.00 hopes this helps and happy new year

prices are total with all taxs

Edited by gerald
LAX-BKK route down to 725 + from china airlines (yeah, I know).

EVA cutting prices too. But be careful as promotional fares still

in the mid 800's and do not qualify for frequent flier miles. :wtf

that is a dramatic decrease for sure from LAX to BKK :banghead . That sucks though about not giving the flyer mile points though :clap1 .

I've been checking on Cathay Pacific and seems they have some good deals as well.

Checked EVAs website today. Out Oct 23, back Nov 22 (dates I'm looking at) £542. Not bad for direct.

Now, if I just knew what the pound was going to do, and inflation, and my employment........... the lottery numbers would be nice too. :banghead

Ahhhhh :ang2 couldn't wait any longer, I finally booked my ticket and it's non refundable so I'm committed to coming to Pattaya in May. 2guns :D :D :clap1

Will be arriving on May 6th and leaving May 30th, hope to catch up with some BM's during my time there :D

nidnoyham, most times its not a good idea to buy on the airlines web site you pay more. I looked on 2 sites lon/bkk/lon 13 apr to 17 july. westeast had cathay pacific 484.00 etihad 523.00 .... expedia had jet air 502.80 ba and qantas 587.00 hopes this helps and happy new year

prices are total with all taxs

Yes but he wasnt going Lon-Bkk-Lon, but in reverse.

Fares not the same.

I first tried a Thai based Travex ? sight for a flight ex BKK-LHR.

Last month the cheapest direct flight was £1,0018.

Have tried several airlines EK/TG/BR and others. From memory Jet Air has a super economy about £500+ via Bombay. I really would prefer a direct flight for Si. I had a missed call on my phone last night from a mate at Air Canada, He keeping an ear out for any deals. I'll give him a call later.

Happy new year to you too gerald

Just came across this web site 30% off the best fare you can get from uk

http://www.flightswithdiscounts.co.uk/howi...l#place%20order

Very interesting if it does what is says on the tin ?

Will give a sample booking to them and report back.

Edited immediately !

Once you submit the details of sample booking/genuine enquiry they purchase without further notice and bill you.

Theres no option to enquire only !!

Edited by Chivas
Very interesting if it does what is says on the tin ?

Will give a sample booking to them and report back.

It's an obvious scam of one sort or another. Report back after you've sent them your CC details. Whoever "them" are. :unsure:

They popped up before from the same Dublin address .............. not surprisingly the site doesn't exist any more.

Edited by CheshireTom

I've been watching fares since August ( I had origanilly planned on going in January) and the prices haven't come down any. :banana

Fares from Chicago

Asiana -

August 1,115

Today 1,117

United -

August 1,370

Today 1,375

Korean -

August 1,459

Today 1,459

I pretty much stuck to these three as options because everything else was around 2,000

BA did come down from 2,000 to about 1,500 but with long layovers in London. I'm still waiting :unsure: :allright but if I don't see them move by this week I'm pulling the trigger.

I'd sure hate to see something happen with fuel prices and have fares shoot up on me.

Edited by wetwillie
International flights to Thailand might be coming down, but I have noticed domestic flights inside Thailand have risen. :allright

They seem pretty firm Ex LOS to the UK too. Could it be the old- less passengers, higher prices syndrome ?

Just checked EK for a BKK-LHR-BKK April 01 -Jun 23 £635. A bit better, but I need anothe £100 off before pushing the boat out.

I don't want to start getting a visa, until the flight is sorted.

The problem is, getting a non airline quote from BKK. All the discount web sights are ex LHR.