Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Flight prices starting to drop

Just checked EK for a BKK-LHR-BKK April 01 -Jun 23 £635. A bit better, but I need anothe £100 off before pushing the boat out.

I don't want to start getting a visa, until the flight is sorted.

The problem is, getting a non airline quote from BKK. All the discount web sights are ex LHR.

Not true, you need to use Thailand based outfits. Try these for an idea on prices.

I would say that since the prices are based in Thai baht, they look expensive! :hijack

http://www.traveltech2000.com/default.asp

http://www.bluenwhite.com/

Thanks for the links jacko, I will give them a try.

Spoke to Si today, she saw on TV that the baht is too strong and the Government are worried about it's affect on tourism and exports.

Perhaps, things may get better on the Xchg rates.

Thanks for the links jacko, I will give them a try.

Spoke to Si today, she saw on TV that the baht is too strong and the Government are worried about it's affect on tourism and exports.

Perhaps, things may get better on the Xchg rates.

Government interference normally gets me worried!
Just checked EK for a BKK-LHR-BKK April 01 -Jun 23 £635. A bit better, but I need anothe £100 off before pushing the boat out.

I don't want to start getting a visa, until the flight is sorted.

The problem is, getting a non airline quote from BKK. All the discount web sights are ex LHR.

If you use the Emirates website, Emirates are doing BKK flights from £497 providing you book before 15th January.

BHX £497 rtn

MAN £532 rtn

NCL £535 rtn

GLA £548 rtn

LHR £506 rtn

LGW £497 rtn

I inputed your dates and it came back with a quote of £508.10.

If you hurry you can push the boat out!!!! :D

If you use the Emirates website, Emirates are doing BKK flights from £497 providing you book before 15th January.

BHX £497 rtn

MAN £532 rtn

NCL £535 rtn

GLA £548 rtn

LHR £506 rtn

LGW £497 rtn

I inputed your dates and it came back with a quote of £508.10.

If you hurry you can push the boat out!!!! :bigsmile:

I'm on it- ta ! Oh is that BKK_LHR-BKK ?

Edited by nidnoyham
OOPs, Sorry..... didn't notice that you wanted BKK-LHR-BKK

Easy mistake mate.

I wonder who is filling the plane BKK-DXB ? It must be them Ausies flying away from the cold Aus' winter weather to get tickets for the Ashes. :bigsmile:

I know from experience that tha DXB-LHR leg gets filled with Indians and Pakistanis, it is a popular route for them to Europe.

I wonder who is filling the plane BKK-DXB ? It must be them Ausies flying away from the cold Aus' winter weather to get tickets for the Ashes.

Before Xmas I flew BKK-DXB on the evening flight - the one that is a DXB-BKK-DXB diagram and the flight was loaded to less than 20%, whereas the DXB-MAN sector was virtually sold out!

I think all the airlines need to drop BKK flight prices to try and stimulate tourism in Thailand again.

Before Xmas I flew BKK-DXB on the evening flight - the one that is a DXB-BKK-DXB diagram and the flight was loaded to less than 20%, whereas the DXB-MAN sector was virtually sold out!

I think all the airlines need to drop BKK flight prices to try and stimulate tourism in Thailand again.

Not sure that is the responsibility of all the airlines.. . Thai Airways need to start things off then others would need to compete!

Agree 100% but from here (NZ) being such a small market they show no inclination towards doing this until very near flight date when they can see that it will be half empty,of course by then to late for most people!

The only airline here that offers sensible fares is Royal Brunei which I used last Oct/Nov and found their service surprisingly 2nd to none! Only drawback was a 4am departure time but more than made up for by a NOON arrival in LOS !

Normally use moneysupermarket.com for flights, but just seen flight on lastminute.com , heathrow to bkk return via Kuwait, with Kuwait airlines 365 pounds !!! :bigsmile: in March

Normally use moneysupermarket.com for flights, but just seen flight on lastminute.com , heathrow to bkk return via Kuwait, with Kuwait airlines 365 pounds !!! :moon in March

Now try it the oposite direction- it don't make sense. :kissing

£650-£750 :moon