Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Afternoon / Evening Freelancer promotion

My vision of the Beer Garden included plenty of freelancers in the afternoon. We started quite well in that regard but as time has passed we have been getting fewer girls in the afternoon. The reason for this is simply that most of the guys hanging out in the daytime have been here to chill rather than look.

The girls have stopped coming because they are not finding any guys interested in them. It may be that there is too much else to do in Pattaya during the day but I don’t think so. I think it is more a matter of getting to a critical mass of both girls and guys in the afternoon. So to grease the process we will be running a special promotion for the girls for the next 6 weeks or so.

We started today (Friday) and are already getting quite a good response. I expect it to increase rapidly over the first week and the result should be lots of girls looking between 2 pm and 8 pm. After 8 pm we are already getting a good number of girls in.

The promotion is only for the girls so there is no direct benefit to you other than there should be a lot more girls in the bar at these times and they will stay longer. However I do need your help.

We can get the girls in and encourage them to stay but they will only keep coming back if they find some willing punters. So guys come on in and check out the talent. Even if you don’t want to drink or eat, you are welcome to cruise through and see what takes your fancy. Remember . . . . no barfine . . . . .. no lady drinks.

Another comment I have had which I think is relevant is that the big bar is too big to easily make contact with the girl you like the look of. To help with this we are adding a new smaller bar right by the entrance. We will encourage the girls to hang out there and it should make it much easier to make contact with them for the guys that want to. People chilling out can still use the big bar where you won’t be to close to anyone else. Construction on the new bar should start tomorrow and be finished by next Saturday.

Finally we have appointed a customer liaison person. Her name is Nok and she will be working from 2 pm to 10 pm. She is not a mamasan as such but she is there to ease the whole process. She speaks excellent English and can help if you have language problems. It is not her job to find guys for the girls but if you see someone you like and would like Nok to ask her to sit with you, she will be happy to oblige. If you are showing a green (looking) coaster and a girl expresses interest in you to Nok then she will mention it to you. No obligation of course.

So over to you guys. I am giving it my absolute best shot over the next six weeks. Does Pattaya need an afternoon freelancer hangout? If you think so then drop by and lets get this off the ground properly.

Pete

20-May-08.jpg

23-May-08.jpg

29-May-08.jpg

21a-May-08.jpg

39-May-08.jpg

43-May-08.jpg

51-May-08.jpg

53-May-08.jpg

bloga7.jpg

DSC_4624.jpg

DSC_4625.jpg

11-May-08.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good idea Pete

I will glady drop in from 24th of feb for a month to do my bit

PBG has to be the best spot in town for an afternoon beer/food and extra freelancers.Sounds like a winner to me :D

All the best for 2009 to you and your friendly staff :D

Bruiser

I hope this really takes off for you Pete, I'm not there until May but if it is a success now then it might be still flowing on when I do get there. Thanks for the pics, some of those girls definatley have my interest. :D

Great idea having the small bar area Pete. I've not been to your place as yet but it did pass through my mind, with the size of the place, that things may become a "little distant" regarding rubbing shoulders with others. The liaison lady also an excellent idea, an ice breaker for those like me possibly a little shy to make an approach :D

The pictures of the ladies are very nice .Thanks. See you all soon !

Edited by N3RGT
Does Pattaya need an afternoon freelancer hangout?

Yes sir it does!...perhaps a few coconut trees planted in the middle of the bar might make these girls feel more at home :drunk

This one's a looker. Got any more pics of her? Preferably without all those clothes on? <grin

I think it would be fair to say that she is probably not the usual PBG fare.

Great idea. A few weeks ago, i was "interacting" with a girl on the other side of the bar, it was only when i went over to her, that i saw what she was really like, as i walked up to her i was thinking "OH OH ! how can i get out of this ? "

Pete:

A for Effort, and I appreciate that you are always trying! It is just finding the "right combination!"

If I were in Pattaya, I would be coming out and be a participant. I just hope it is going strong when I do make my next visit.

There is no reason, IMO, that this shouldn't work as well as the one in BKK.

Good Luck and don't give up in your attempt to get the ladies in PBG in the afternoon.

Hi Pete, cain't wait to come over and try your place. It sounds like you

have hit all the bases. Hope to be there in 3 months.

whittler

I must be missing the Point here Pete but what exactly is involved for the girls during the 6 week promotion?

Free Drink, Free Food, ?? What exactly. I will call in next week and wish you well.

Regards

Griffo

Sorry Pete but its not going to happen. Youv'e gone to far in establishing the garden as a place to get good falang food at a good price. The reason folks are waiting an hour for food is because they like the food. When you get a complaint its because the standard youv'e set for quality is so high.

My vision of the Beer Garden included plenty of freelancers in the afternoon. We started quite well in that regard but as time has passed we have been getting fewer girls in the afternoon. The reason for this is simply that most of the guys hanging out in the daytime have been here to chill rather than look.

The girls have stopped coming because they are not finding any guys interested in them. It may be that there is too much else to do in Pattaya during the day but I don’t think so. I think it is more a matter of getting to a critical mass of both girls and guys in the afternoon. So to grease the process we will be running a special promotion for the girls for the next 6 weeks or so.

We started today (Friday) and are already getting quite a good response. I expect it to increase rapidly over the first week and the result should be lots of girls looking between 2 pm and 8 pm. After 8 pm we are already getting a good number of girls in.

The promotion is only for the girls so there is no direct benefit to you other than there should be a lot more girls in the bar at these times and they will stay longer. However I do need your help.

We can get the girls in and encourage them to stay but they will only keep coming back if they find some willing punters. So guys come on in and check out the talent. Even if you don’t want to drink or eat, you are welcome to cruise through and see what takes your fancy. Remember . . . . no barfine . . . . .. no lady drinks.

Another comment I have had which I think is relevant is that the big bar is too big to easily make contact with the girl you like the look of. To help with this we are adding a new smaller bar right by the entrance. We will encourage the girls to hang out there and it should make it much easier to make contact with them for the guys that want to. People chilling out can still use the big bar where you won’t be to close to anyone else. Construction on the new bar should start tomorrow and be finished by next Saturday.

Finally we have appointed a customer liaison person. Her name is Nok and she will be working from 2 pm to 10 pm. She is not a mamasan as such but she is there to ease the whole process. She speaks excellent English and can help if you have language problems. It is not her job to find guys for the girls but if you see someone you like and would like Nok to ask her to sit with you, she will be happy to oblige. If you are showing a green (looking) coaster and a girl expresses interest in you to Nok then she will mention it to you. No obligation of course.

So over to you guys. I am giving it my absolute best shot over the next six weeks. Does Pattaya need an afternoon freelancer hangout? If you think so then drop by and lets get this off the ground properly.

Pete

Pete I have not been back to Pattaya since you opened your restraunt / bar. It sounds like a roaring success in the food and bar department.

From a distance, it seems that maybe you should change your business model - Go with what works (Good food, drinks and a great place to sit and chill out, and cut back on the things that do not work - Freelancers.

Welcome them of course, but do not worry if they do not show up in numbers - Plenty of girls in Pattaya!

Go with what works! - Sounds like you are making money in a place that very few owners are.

IMHO, of course

When does it start? I called in twice yesterday, at 200pm and 8.00pm and there were no girls there at all, except with partners. There were about 25 blokes on their own, sitting around the bar.

Look forward to seing the freelancer promotion in action.

13 days till wheels UP...................... :banghead

Sounds like a great idea to me, this is a good place and good menu, well priced...plenty of reasons to go for a look anyway and the bonus of some freelance action as well...not back for a little while but its on my list when I return...and no I have no interest in the bar :bigsmile:

'Walking Street' bar near the start of Walking Street is the equivalent freelancer bar to Gullivers in Bangkok.

Whenever I have gone in it has always been packed with an equal distribution of guys and freelancers.

I'm interested to know wt exactly is the special promotion for the girls, in the afternoon.

Same same me. I was in the PBG on saturday and sunday around 4pm and there was only a small number of FLs there on each occassion, (2 on saturday, 4 on sunday). In addition I did not see anything around, such as any additional signage in thai even, to indicate that there was a promotion.

Cheers

TG

The promotion is spread by word of mouth and flyers. Thai girls don't usually read signs, or the internet or newspapers for that matter.

The promotion which will run for at least 6 weeks is that we will give the girls a gift of 50 baht per hour that they sit in the Beer Garden and do not find a farang up to a maximum of 200 baht in one day. This only applies between 2 pm and 8 pm. Nok is administering the payments and is making contact with each girl as she arrives at the bar.

As I explained above we actually have plenty of girls who pass through in the afternoon but if they don't hook a farang quickly they tend to move on. The promotion is designed to keep them in the bar long enough for the passing farangs to find them.

It's early days yet and will take a few more days to get traction but I did count around 10 girls in the bar yesterday at 5:30 pm so it is starting to work. Construction on the new bar is moving along and I hope to have that operational early next week and that should give things a further boost.