Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 235 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Fun Golf 2009 With PCEC and Bobby's Eat it all for B99.

A group of like minded golfers meet once a week (Tuesdays) at 8am for breakfast at B99 all you can eat (Bobby's new place) on Soi Diana Inn. Then on to Plutaluong Golf course. (challenging 36 hole course) for a fun day of golf. No reservations, No Handicaps, no betting, just go out and play a fun game of Bingo Bango Bongo. Nobody will ask you what you shot on that last hole because “honors” goes to the first one who tees up. In US we call it “ready golf”.

There are no 2’s, closest to the pin, or longest drives that might embarrass the average golfer. If you are used to shooting 120 or 80 this is the place to come out and enjoy amateur golf with a bunch of fun loving guys who like to laugh and have fun. We play a format called “Bingo, Bango, Bongo”. Each group only competes with their own group, 3 points per hole, thus Bingo, Bango, Bongo, Bingo point goes to the first one on the green from the farthest away from the green. Bango point goes to whichever golfer is closest to the pin once everyone is on the green. Bongo point goes to whoever makes the longest putt. (Don’t try to learn the rules, someone in your group that knows the rules will keep score)

It does not matter how many strokes it took you to reach the green, nor, how many putts it took you to sink the longest putt, you still will win the point. We do have a few variations to the Standard PGA rules and most standard rules are ignored.

Examples. (*with no penalty)** only penalty is, you cannot win a Bingo point with that shot

• *Lift, clean and place within 12” allowed anywhere (no penalty).

• *Local rules of the course apply.

• ** Mulligan (tee up and hit again) allowed on every hole only if 1 of these apply.

1. If it didn’t go past the ladies tee.

2. It went into the water.

3. It went into the deep rough.

4. It went OB

• ** you are allowed to pick up your ball at anytime and move it to where you wish it had landed but didn’t.

• ** If you put the ball in the water and don’t want to waste another ball OK to drop on other side of the water.

• ** If you are in a sand trap with a high lip and you are having a difficult time getting out, it is OK to pick it up and throw it out if you want.

There are a few more slight variations to the rules but someone in your group will know the variations and keep the score. The best way to find out is to come out and join us. Remember the purpose of this group is to have fun, get some sun and exercise. It is not to learn the rules of golf or to embarrass anyone because of their stroke count.

Some of our recent winners

For more information call Hawaii Bob @0878296824 or e-mail Hawaiibob4you@yahoo.com, or PM or just show up at Rabbi's Elephant bar. No reservations required, transportation available for B200 r/t club rental B300 at course.

We play Plutaluong golf course every week because it has 36 challenging holes, we can always get on without reservations and it is among the least expensive courses around Pattaya

Edited by Bob4you

Looks like one of Hawaii's fabulous courses. Yes we play 12 months of the rear, we don't play on holidays because rates are as much as triple regular rates. See you in May

Last weeks winners. Congratulations to to John S. he has been playing with us since we started 8 months ago, never winning his group, until last week. He attributes it to the fact that unlike previous weeks he did not 7 putt 1 time in 18 holes. Well done John (far right in photo)

1_13_09.jpg

Yesterday's winners. The largest group of players we have ever had. 5 groups of 3 and 4 ball and most groups had 3 possible winners going into the last hole so fun/exciting finishes. Everybody had a great time and unless they were not going to be in town next week would return and play again. Don't forget we have a free tournament on Friday the 30th of January.

1_20_09.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some recent winners who's photos were not posted. We continue to have fun on a not so serious note, regardless of how you feel Tuesday morning :drunk_Party: come join us. Everyone that comes out for the first time vows to come back again and play some Fun Golf. Come join us.

Golf_champ_009.jpg

Huego_and_Golf_006.JPG

Huego_and_Golf_008.JPG

Last Tuesday's winners, hope to see many of you this Tuesday either 8am at Rabbi's or 9:30 at the starter at the golf course. Come have fun.

March_17.JPG

• 1 month later...

Winners for the last 3 weeks including our youngest winner ever, 15 years old. Our golfing is called fun golf, no handicaps or stroke count, come join us.

Posted_5.jpg

Posted_6.jpg

Posted_4.jpg

Anyone who would like to join us can either pm me or Hawaii Bob, i am happy to help out with transport to and from and a small group of us meet at the Caddy Shack for a great breakfast first

Im hoping to come and join you guys to play on Tuesday 12th may. Is it 8am at Rabbi's Elephant bar or at the Caddy Shack?

Either place works, but best to call us first to let us know for sure you will be there, then make sure you set your alarm so we are waiting for you.

No probs Bob. I will give you a buzz the day before. Dont worry mate i wont keep you waiting as im really looking forward to a day of Bingo Bango Bongo. Im staying in Lk metro, which place is closer?

Rabbi's is much closer, around the corner about 3 blocks on Soi Boukaou heading North.

Your board name may indicate you are a Aussie. Rabbi's is a Aussie Bar with a great Aussie breakfast for B100 2 eggs, sausages, bacon, french fry's, toast, coffee, juice, beans.

Last week's winners and the wait staff who wanted in on the pictures. The restaurant has new management and new menu and staff. The cook is a major improvement although I thought the last one was good until I tried some of the items from the new chef. Come join us every Tuesday for inexpensive and fun day of golf.

posted_7.jpg

Your board name may indicate you are a Aussie. Rabbi's is a Aussie Bar with a great Aussie breakfast for B100 2 eggs, sausages, bacon, french fry's, toast, coffee, juice, beans.

Rabbi's it is and yes i am an Aussie and i love a good fry up for breakie. Especially after a night on the turps. :clueless

• 3 months later...

Important Notice.

We no longer meet at Rabbi's Elephant Bar, we now meet up Tuesday mornings (except holidays) at Foodland Cafeteria on Pattaya Klang, 8am for a full inexpensive breakfast, leave at 8:45 for golf course tee off at 9:45. Current prices are B720 green fee and caddy fee, Caddy tip B200, private cart B300 best deal in town.

If you require transport to and from the course it is B200, please let me know in advance if you need a ride via PM or call me day before at 0878296824. Come have fun playing golf.

posted_7.jpg

Edited by Bob4you
  • 4 weeks later...

We moved again, Foodland has plenty of parking but not enough stools at the counter for all of us to eat at same time so now we will meet at B99 on Soi Diana Inn in Renaissance Hotel. At 8am parking should be easy. For B99 you get all you want to eat eggs, omelets, ham, bacon, sausage, pancakes, French toast. You must buy a drink for 20-40 Baht but everything is cooked to order.

We still meet every Tuesday and golf at Plutoluong with a tee off time of 9:45. Only exceptions are holidays because we don't want to pay the exorbitant rates. I have not updated photo's in quite some time and want to catch up. Posted are photos of some winners who did not get the recognition they deserve, my apologies to all.

If you want to have fun playing golf let me know if you need transport from B99 or meet us at the course.

Mahalo

1.jpg

218.JPG

237.JPG

237.JPG

19052009_001_.jpg

August_25th.jpg

Golf_Champs.jpg

Not long now, im back in town on the 29th, ill see you all the following tuesday for a great day out, looking forward to seeing you all again

Thanks, this is the only forum that allows me to change the original post. I was not aware that I could.

Edited by Bob4you

We met for the first time at Bobby's "eat a lot for 99 Baht" All you can eat restaurant, every one was happy but one person, he never eats breakfast so only has tea and toast, previously cost him b45 at Foodland now B134 at Bobby's but the rest of us made up for his loss.

Posted_16.jpg

Edited by Bob4you

Met up at Bobby's Eat all you Want on Soi Diana.

Never a dull moment, always something to laugh about.

Then off to Plutaluong Golf club, where we NEVER have to wait to get started, and its even fun when you don't win !

After the game a bite to eat and a drink.

Another enjoyable day out !

Derycolin

Met up at Bobby's Eat all you Want on Soi Diana.

Never a dull moment, always something to laugh about.

Then off to Plutaluong Golf club, where we NEVER have to wait to get started, and its even fun when you don't win !

After the game a bite to eat and a drink.

Another enjoyable day out !

Derycolin

The king of love and golf will be back next week ( or the week after) watch out caddies !!!

Winners from Sept 15th. I was absent that day and just got photos from the designated photographers. Winners from left to Right. Tim, John, Tom, Joe. Come join us if you want to have fun playing golf inexpensively.

Posted_17.JPG