Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

UA airfare sale from US

I can book a r/t Philly to Bkk for $943 on UA. February-March departures.

I just paid $1142 for Korean Air from Chicago Apr 8 - Apr 27. Really had to mess with the dates as for some reason all flights leaving Apr 9 (Thurs) or returning Apr 26 (Sun) were $1292. Of course my luck those were the original dates I was planning on. Oh well, that means an extra two days in LOS! Hope my boss ain't too mad about that...

Some cheaper flights out there (I didn't see any under $1000 though), but they typically had 10 hour layaways and two stops instead of one. Also frequently the takeoff time was inconvenient (8:30 in the morning vs 11:30 - I have to take a three hour bus ride to O'Hare so 8:30 is nasty for me).

Also I have a ton of SkyMiles, I collect almost 20,000 each trip to LOS! :(

Edited by spgfcs

Out of Chicago UA has one stop flights to BKK. The Narita flight leaves around noon and about a two hour layover in Narita then on to BKK..

What dates are you looking at spgfcs?

I have found United out of Twin Cities via Chicago for around $1200 in March. Northwest is asking $1400 from Twin Cities. What a monopoly.

Also I noticed that since they are merging with Delta they are taking the A320 out of service from Narita to BKK and will be using the 757. To bad as I liked the A320 with the screens in the seatback.

I think www.kayak.com is a great site for checking airline prices. They find the best prices and then direct you to the web site for booking. When it comes to booking I usually go to the airlines web site. I fly Northwest quite often and book directly through them.

Only $16,400 for first class! (United)

I looked at several sites but never tried an agent.

I've booked Korean Air on the Priceline site before but in this case there was no difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking recently at tickets. Around $900 SFO-BKK, SFO-Cancun Mexico 240 OTD, SFO-SJO(San Jose Costa Rica)$303 OTD. All RT These are some of the best prices I have seen in years. Travelocity is allowing flexible date searches again with international fares. :bigsmile: