Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Big "C" Motorcycle Auction

Hello Expats,

On my last trip I met someone who told me he bought his motorbike at an auction at Big "C" on Sukhumwit by Pattaya Tai.

Today I took a ride out there to ask when the next auction would be. My lady helped me ask and it seems there is an auction that is held for three days each month, but we could find noone to tell us when. Is there anyone who knows about this auction and how to find out when it is held?

Thanks

Randy

The last auction was on the 12th January. It was actually a car auction but they had about 30 bikes as well. I have been along to this auction and also the other one they have opposite Theppesit market and I can honestly say there are very few bargains to be had. I think the company comes from BKK and all they are selling is the crap that they could not sell in BKK.

They are normally early in the month. Last time I found out by asking at the enquiry desk in BigC there.

My TGF has the following tel #s, she says is the auction company...02-934-7344---48

Also there is the chaotic auction on Threppasit, night market, every Thursday (edit...maybe Friday) at 5pm. I think the above comment is a bit harsh, yes there is a lot of crap, but as far as bikes are concerned, a bargain can be had. Make sure you know all the commissions and charges before you bid.

You can go the day before when the bikes are all arranged, pick the ones you are interested in. Beware the boy racer modified ones.

Try shopping around to get an idea of prices, maybe Platinum opposite BigC, or Mityon opposite Friendship on Tai. At auction pay substantially less, as these shop owners will be there too!

Why not read this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Buy-Motorbik...ya-t212606.html

Edited by jacko

They auction motorbikes every Friday afternoon/evening on Theparsit Rd opposite Tesco Lotus. Not too sure what time they start. We were in the area last Friday around 11am and they would have had around 100 bikes outside then.

Thanks so much for the replies gentlemen.

One more question. I posted this question on another board and it sure sounds like there are some things that could come back to bite me at an auction so do you think it a wise move to buy a used bike at an auction or just buy a used one from a good dealer in town? If the answer is a good dealer then do you have a recommendation for a good dealer?

Randy

BTW, on the other board one BM posted pictures of the Theparsit Auction. It starts at 1700 every Friday.

Thanks so much for the replies gentlemen.

One more question. I posted this question on another board and it sure sounds like there are some things that could come back to bite me at an auction so do you think it a wise move to buy a used bike at an auction or just buy a used one from a good dealer in town? If the answer is a good dealer then do you have a recommendation for a good dealer?

Randy

BTW, on the other board one BM posted pictures of the Theparsit Auction. It starts at 1700 every Friday.

You are buying 'as seen'... which of course involves risk. At the Big C auction, at least the bike is started and ridden to the front. If you go the day before and check them over, you can protect yourself against being scammed. If you are experienced and confident at knowing what to look for, I would say it's a great place for a bargain.

There are some repos, a kid can get a new bike in Pattaya on the road for 900 baht, but probably can't maintain the payments. I would bet a bike for 15k in the auction could be over 25k in the dealers.

Another option might be to buy a second hand one privately from a farang..... 'a lying bitch bike'.. he would be glad to see the back of it. There were some good deals in 'The Market' section of this board.

The last auction was on the 12th January. It was actually a car auction but they had about 30 bikes as well. I have been along to this auction and also the other one they have opposite Theppesit market and I can honestly say there are very few bargains to be had. I think the company comes from BKK and all they are selling is the crap that they could not sell in BKK.

I too have been to the auction on Thepprasit and found no bargains-mostly beaters that I wouldn't take a chance bidding on.

first post blah blah blah lol....

Make sure you see any scooter your interested in actually start up, have a mate who buys in bulk (not sure from where, BKK i think) and he has bought job lot's, got them home to discover some dont even have an engine in them.

Make sure you see any scooter your interested in actually start up, have a mate who buys in bulk (not sure from where, BKK i think) and he has bought job lot's, got them home to discover some dont even have an engine in them.

Hey n00b,you need to get a grip.Why the "first post blah blah blah LOL" comment?

Hey n00b,you need to get a grip.Why the "first post blah blah blah LOL" comment?

Ive pondered life on how to reply to your question, and im led to believe the sentence you have quoted me as saying is in direct relation to it actually being my first post here, is what i said an issue ??

Methinks LTGR is feeling sensitive!

We are discussing the BigC auctions, they sell one M/C at a time, and a few bits and pieces. They are started and ridden to the front, it they can be!. Anybody who isn't collecting parts, who bids on one pushed or brought in a wheelbarrow, should be aware of its failings. No job-lots here... your mate sounds a bit of a dope!

We are discussing the BigC auctions, they sell one M/C at a time, and a few bits and pieces. They are started and ridden to the front, it they can be!. Anybody who isn't collecting parts, who bids on one pushed or brought in a wheelbarrow, should be aware of its failings. No job-lots here... your mate sounds a bit of a dope!

No really-some n00b comes here w/her 2nd post and laughs at someone posting a legitimate question.

:bigsmile: the n00b.

And why slag the bikes?

ALL the bikes were better than the rental

that I had arrived on ! lol

And it is every monday wed and fri. It was all yamaha

Maybe different makes on other days?

I am dangerous at an auction. I get the fever.

No really-some n00b comes here w/her 2nd post and laughs at someone posting a legitimate question.

:D the n00b.

Get off your high horse you cock cobbler, read my fucking post in the correct context.

I lol'd at it being my first post, not lol @ the OP's question, most people's first post on a forum are in the newb section and its generally a "High Boi's im new here please be gentle" thread, ive been around these parts for long enough and are known by most.

yeah, i understand the Q was about the BigC auctions, was more of a caveat emptor reply on my behalf in general, as for my mate being a 'bit of a dope' when your buying multiple 10+bike lots in one day with out the chance to start them (not allowed at the bkk auction im told) even the most astute buyer will get a couple of duds.

Get off your high horse you cock cobbler, read my fucking post in the correct context.

I lol'd at it being my first post, not lol @ the OP's question, most people's first post on a forum are in the newb section and its generally a "High Boi's im new here please be gentle" thread, ive been around these parts for long enough and are known by most.

yeah, i understand the Q was about the BigC auctions, was more of a caveat emptor reply on my behalf in general, as for my mate being a 'bit of a dope' when your buying multiple 10+bike lots in one day with out the chance to start them (not allowed at the bkk auction im told) even the most astute buyer will get a couple of duds.

Well if he makes money at it perhaps I am the dope! :D Not a way I would buy a mtorcycle though! As to LTGR, seems like he is giving everyone the finger but grasping the wrong end of the stick! :bow

5,500 BAHT HONDA CLICK

If you are coming to Pattaya (do that) you may be thinking "I want

one of those Harleys, maybe a balck one........."

but that would mean that you would have to wait in the traffic......UGGG!

With a scooter like a click, a mio, airblade, and the others you don't

wait. You go around and through up to the front of the line and when

the light changes........you are out in front.

So you can buy a bike for the same cost as renting a car for a week.

And you can get around where you want to go. There is no where to

park a car anywhere near any of the places of interest.

The auction is entertaining. I watched so I could figure out if this was

a good way to buy a bike, but also to get some idea of what people

in the know were paying for different models.

Yamaha has a model called "Elegance". Three or four came through

and the opening price was in the high twenties. No one bit on any of

them and they were wheeled away.

Some bikes made it through the bidding to the low twenties. Most

were in the teens.

Have you heard of the bargirl who got a sponser to give her a new bike?

And then it is gone a month later ? Maybe this is where it went.

Some nearly new bikes at half price.

Actual "Used" bikes were selling for single digits.

And there were more bikes than at the earlier auction. More bikes

than bidders.

A guy from Deutchland told me to figure on 2500 for auction costs

like title transfer and whatever on top of the price.

Well if he makes money at it perhaps I am the dope! :allright Not a way I would buy a mtorcycle though! As to LTGR, seems like he is giving everyone the finger but grasping the wrong end of the stick! :bigsmile:

no jacko-just the n00b (didn't you see where it says,"the n00b" right after the finger?),who's "been around these part long enough and is known by most".No high horse here,just tread lightly when new is all I am saying.

Edited by LTGTR

"cock cobbler"? Amazing vocabulary.

• 1 month later...

Big C in Ubonratchathani, also hold used car auctions, and my Ex Aussie mate, goes for the sheer hell of it, and reckons, there are some very good buys. Don

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
2 hours ago, turbojoe said:

long time no post here anymore :(

so this big C bike/car auction still exists?

thank you for an answer

Not heard mention of it for many years