Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya bay resort deluxe room

Hello everyone,

My family and i stayed in Pattaya bay resort last year and loved the hotel and loved the consistently good internet, but we didn't like the noise from the thin walls.

I emailed the hotel and they said they are quieter because the rooms are half as big again as standard and the tvs from one room are not at the wall where your headboard is.

I never trust hotels as they will usually say anything to get you to stay so i thought i would ask board members of their experiences.

Thanks in advance for any replies

shimster

The wall thickness is standard throughout.I have visited twice since June and have stayed in both rooms-it all depende who'd living next door.

I still consider it the best bang for the buck.

The deluxe rooms are on higher floors and because they are 50% bigger than the standard there are fewer rooms, so fewer people on the floor. SO I found it quiet there. But like LTGTR says it depends on your neighbor. My buddy had someone knock on his door because he felt my buddy was talking on his phone too loud. I never had a problems with noise, but that might be because I live in an apartment in the downtown area of Toronto and I am used to it. :bigsmile:

thanks for the replies, it's pretty much what we thought and though we loved the hotel my wife had problems sleeping so i think we will try eastiny residence this time.

cheers

shimster

Correct decision there. I stayed in the larger rooms and could hear the couple next door yelling at each other, could hear the chairs upstairs scraping when moved, heard the shouting in the hallways. Very nice hotel and you hear nothing from the outside, but walls are paper thin.